Android & Usenet

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
bmanusenet

Android & Usenet

Post by bmanusenet »

I am going to be purchasing the Nexus 10 and trying to use it as my main system.

The biggest issue so far, is I do most of my downloading with usenet.

So my question is this, is there a usenet client for android that actually downloads things, not controls a remote server? Can this such program download to an external drive/server?
michael.lowden

Re: Android & Usenet

Post by michael.lowden »

not that I've ever found. i was actually considering geting a Surface RT figuring it would solve this issue. But sadly, i cannot get this tool to install on it either. If you find a solution I'd love to know it. (short of using root tools to add libraries and linux versions of SABnzbd / etc.)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I'm using "NZB Leech Free" on my Android phone. It's a standalone NZB download client

HTH
michael.lowden

Post by michael.lowden »

cool. i'll give it a try one day. THANKS!
browngeek

Post by browngeek »

There are three clients that may be of interest:

- NZBLeech
- Power NZB
- NZBGet Mobile

For autounpar for NZBLeech and Power NZB you need to buy the premium app. I think NZB Leech was the first, followed by Power NZB (which seems to have a bit more functionality and is a bit cheaper).

NZBGet Mobile is new and just seems to be a mobile wrapper for the NZBGet program, which seems to be a bit more work to set up than the other two.
dinlaca

Post by dinlaca »

So it looks like NZBGet is as you described it (mobile wrapper for NZBGet program).

And, PowerNZB and NZBLeech each have their own proprietary compiled usenet download programs.

Is there an Android version of SABnzbd server (analogous to iSABnzbd for iOS)? Similarly, are there Android versions of CouchPotato server and SickBeard server (analogous to iCouchPotato and iSickBeard for iOS)? If there were, a program like NZB Unity (analogous to Qouch for iOS) could work pretty darn well to manage these servers on a high end Android smartphone.

Thanks in advance for pointing in right direction.