CRC Error when downloading to mounted network share

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Morphic

CRC Error when downloading to mounted network share

Post by Morphic »

Hi
I'm having an issue with CRC fails which seems to be related to downloading to a network mounted share.
The setup is as follows:
Sabnzbd 0.7.16 running on a Raspbmc image (Raspbian based) on a Raspberry Pi.
D-Link DNs-320 mounted with CIFS in OS.

I have the exact same setup in another network with the files downloading to a USB mounted drive and I'm experiencing no fails with the exact NZBs, host and system that failed on the other.
I've tried unrar via ssh and there is still an error with CRC fail.

Can I tweak the network share in any way? I have this as the fstab:

Code: Select all

proc            /proc           proc    defaults         0       0
devpts          /dev/pts        devpts  rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620        0       0
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults,noatime         0       0
/dev/sda1  /               f2fs    defaults,noatime 0       0
//192.168.1.150/Volume_1/ /media/Vol1/  cifs defaults 0   0
//192.168.1.150/Volume_2/ /media/Vol2/  cifs defaults 0 0
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: CRC Error when downloading to mounted network share

Post by sander »

unrar-ing across (or: having a temp share on) a network is discouraged ... exactly because of what you experience.

Have you considered running SAB on the NAS itself ... seems to be possible according to http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=2325

Of is it possble to unrar locally, and then copy the unrared stuff to the NAS?
Morphic

Post by Morphic »

sander wrote:unrar-ing across (or: having a temp share on) a network is discouraged ... exactly because of what you experience.

Have you considered running SAB on the NAS itself ... seems to be possible according to http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=2325

Of is it possble to unrar locally, and then copy the unrared stuff to the NAS?
Yes I tried running Squeeze with funplug on the Nas but it was slow as anything.. Downloading would affect disk access to the nas which wasnt acceptable. Even tried running it off USB instead of the internal drives to not much difference. I was running sickbeard (sickrage branch) and couchpotato on it as well which may not have helped. Hadnt considered running Sab only but I think I had a few CRC errors when doing it that way as well.

It could be unraring thats the problem however I think it may have to do with the par2 repair maybe. I need to test to see if I can repair and unrar locally with the same nzb I guess. I dont think a local temp share is a great idea as its running off a USB stick, a lot of read and writes isnt recommended on those either I thought. Not to mention its only an 8gb stick...
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

You could also consider using nzbget on your NAS. More difficult to set up (IMHO) and less features, but needs less CPU and RAM, so could be more useful for your NAS. I believe you can combine nzbget with CP and SB.
Morphic

Post by Morphic »

Looks like I've solved this by using NFS instead of samba/cifs. Seems to work a treat so far, thanks for your help anyway!