How to use NZBmatrix w/ SAB to it's own folder/category?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
yazyazoo

How to use NZBmatrix w/ SAB to it's own folder/category?

Post by yazyazoo »

I love SAB and NZBmatrix.

I have been using the Bookmark RSS feed link in SABnzbd to send NZB's to my home server running SAB. I love this cause I can just click the star icon in NZBmatrix and SAB will have it downloading as soon as it reads the feed. I love that I can do this on my cell phone browser.

However the only thing is that all my downloads get lumped into one folder. My Movies, Music, Games, etc all get downloaded and it's getting messy.

I was wondering if there is a way to let me search for what I want and SAB will automatically know to put this into the Movies folder, Games in the Games folder and Music in the Music folder?

I know in SAB I can go to Categories and setup the folders for each category but what the problem is when SAB reads the feed, SAB doesn't know the category of the download.

Anyone know how I can set it up all with SAB and one NZBmatrix account??

Someone told me they do it by having a NZBmatrix account just for movies, NZBs.org account just for music, etc and they all download and extract where they need to be. However I really like NZBMatrix because it's usually the first one to get things and is most up to date.

Thanks.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to use NZBmatrix w/ SAB to it's own folder/category?

Post by shypike »

You can map nzbmatrix categories to your own.
SABnzbd's category page has a column where you can add nzbmatrix categories.
Suppose you have TV category, tell it to match tv*
The asterisk will make it match all tv sub categories.
This will only work through the RSS feeds.
yazyazoo

Post by yazyazoo »

shypike wrote:You can map nzbmatrix categories to your own.
SABnzbd's category page has a column where you can add nzbmatrix categories.
Suppose you have TV category, tell it to match tv*
The asterisk will make it match all tv sub categories.
This will only work through the RSS feeds.

I do have categories for TV, Movies, and Music in SAB. I have SAB reading my Bookmark RSS feed that sends NZB's of differing categories to SAB. Will or does SAB automatically recognize the different NZB's that I am bookmarking? Does a NZB for movies have a little tag telling SAB that it's a movie vs a NZB for music?

Thanks for the reply.
lushimartin

Post by lushimartin »

I have been using the Bookmark RSS feed link in SABnzbd to send NZB's to my home server running SAB. I love this cause I can just click the star icon in NZBmatrix and SAB will have it downloading as soon as it reads the feed. I love that I can do this on my cell phone browser.
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

The nzb does not contain any catagory information. It's all done with the RSS feeds.

This is how I have SAB categories set up to work with NZBMatrix bookmarks.
yazyazoo

Post by yazyazoo »

Eejit wrote:The nzb does not contain any catagory information. It's all done with the RSS feeds.

This is how I have SAB categories set up to work with NZBMatrix bookmarks.

Eejit,
Ok I see your Groups section where you place Apps*, Books*, Movies*, etc. So in my case I have RSS setup to read only NZBMatrix Bookmarks RSS feed. So if I bookmark a Music NZB vs a Movie NZB vs Apps NZB how does SAB know which Group to put it into? Does the NZB have a tag to tell which Group to put it into? Or do you create a new RSS feed for Movies. Another RSS feed for Books. etc. If so how do you do this with one NZBMatrix account?

I can see that once it knows the Group it will know what folder to download it to.

Thanks for the reply.

Added it to my Groups and it works!!! Thanks a lot!