SAB Needs free tcp/ip port

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
amw81

SAB Needs free tcp/ip port

Post by amw81 »

Hello,

Before registering I did a search and saw that this topic came up a few times but I never saw any consistent responses or clear answers so, apologies, but I started a new post on it.

Last night, while attempting some downloads I noticed that SAB was just sitting at 0kb downloading, checked the connections and saw the connection to tweaknews was timing out. Checked any outage issues and saw some people indicating that port 563 wasn't working for them but 443 was. I went into settings and changed to 443, here's where I may have been stupid. When I made the change, SAB kicked me out and gave me the following:
SABnzbd need a free tcp/ip port for its internal web server.
Port 443 on localhost was tried, but eh account used for SABnzbd has no permission to use it.
Etc etc, standard message.

I tried the suggested code in terminal: /Application/SABnzbd.app/Contents/MacOS/SABnzbd --server localhost:1024 but this didn't do anything, then after more searching replaced localhost with 127.0.0.1 but this still did nothing. I googled for some guidance on allowing 443 port access but found nothing of use and here I am, cap in hand, asking anyone for some assistance as, while I'm not computer illiterate, I'm also not great.

How on earth do I set SAB with a new port number so it can actually start, even resetting it back to 563 would be perfect!?

**UPDATE: I have altered the setting back so it's accessing the web server on localhost:8080, however my old username and password are not being accepted for authentication so I cannot access the UI. The menu bar icon is working and SAB appears to be functioning and downloading my files but I can't see: why won't my old password work and what is the password if the old one isn't it anymore?!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB Needs free tcp/ip port

Post by shypike »

The 443 port messages were about the port used by Usenet providers, not SABnzbd's web server.
I'm not sure what happened further.
But if you can access the Tray menu icon, choose "Troubleshoot->Restart - no login".
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@Shypike: could SABnzbd's webinterface be made to just refuse values of 1024 and lower for it's own port? It would save problems like this one.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

sander wrote:@Shypike: could SABnzbd's webinterface be made to just refuse values of 1024 and lower for it's own port? It would save problems like this one.
Unless people actually require a low port number.
Which is perfectly possible on some systems (Windows) or when running under an admin account (others).