No speed reported, LONG download times, and Out of Retention

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sunmorgus

No speed reported, LONG download times, and Out of Retention

Post by sunmorgus »

I'm currently having an issue with my sab installation that I would like to get some help with, if possible. First off, details about my install:

Version: 0.7.16
Install-type: Windows Installer
Firewall Software: Windows 7 FW
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? unsure

So, here's the nitty gritty...whenever I add a new download (via SickBeard or CouchPotato) sab correctly gets the nzb (from Usenet-Crawler) and begins downloading. However, while it's downloading, the speed status stays at 0 KB/s and the Remaining Time shows 3000+ hours (for only one file, 1.6GB in size). The file still appears to download and if I go to the Status page, sab shows that I am successfully connected to my usenet provider (newsdemon). However, when the file is done, sab reports that it failed and says Download failed - Out of your server's retention?. My retention is currently 2000+ days, so I know it's not that, and I've read that DMCA takedowns can cause this issue, but with EVERY download I try? That doesn't seem right to me, and I feel there may be something else wrong. Is there an issue with newsdemon? Is there something wrong with my sab install? I've looked at the log files, but couldn't discern anything that pointed to an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was working fine up until about a week ago, and I'd really like to get it working again!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: No speed reported, LONG download times, and Out of Reten

Post by sander »

It's indeed a FAQ: see http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/faq#toc12

"but with EVERY download I try?" Easy check: check out with a non-DMCA-touchable download, so for example an Ubuntu iso image ( http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=u ... &postdate= ). Put that .NZB into SAB and check out the result. If it downloads succesfully, your setup is correct, and the problem is in the post (so: DMCA)

"having an issue with my sab installation" usual answer: if you think the problem is in SAB, download the same .NZB with the same server settings in another program, like grabit.

HTH
sunmorgus

Post by sunmorgus »

Sigh...I was worried that would be the case, but I was hoping that there was another cause! I tried an ubuntu download, and it went just fine, so it must be DMCA. Would switching to another provider help with this?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sunmorgus wrote:Would switching to another provider help with this?
only if it is not related to the USA and DMCA.