Repair failed on most downloads

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
duvelvandyk

Repair failed on most downloads

Post by duvelvandyk »

I'm getting over 50% incomplete downloads, which can't be repaired using PAR, either by SABnzbd or manually.

I recently installed SABnzbd ver 0.7.16 on Linux (Mint 16 Petra), in the hope of switching from BitTorrent to Usenet.

I first signed up with Usenetserver, but because of high incompletion rates, I sent them a snotty email and switched to Astraweb. I subsequently got a low-end backup account at Cheapnews. So I now use three servers, two of them major (until Usenetservers closes my account and never takes me back as a customer). I use OZnzb as my primary search index, with NZBclub as secondary. My downloads are typically movies and music, of variable age and rarity, which I rarely have trouble getting from bittorrent.

I browsed the forums, and should add: 1. I am using unrar, not unrar-free. 2. I have "Post-Process Only Verified Jobs" turned on.

Of the 14 files that came down since I switched, only 6 were good. Most said "not enough repair blocks", and one returned a CRC error.

Wat do?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Repair failed on most downloads

Post by sander »

search this forum for "dmca"