Every sickbeard download showing out of server retention.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
maclem8223

Every sickbeard download showing out of server retention.

Post by maclem8223 »

Ok, so here's the scoop. I have an account with usenetserver, and am utilizing a popular setup of SAB, sickbeard, and CP. I've got account setup with Dog, OZnzb, NZBplanet, NZBgeek. From everything I've gathered Dog is one of the best search providers out there. My issues are that every damn show I try and grab on Sickbeard ends up being shown in SAB as out of server retention. I'm just trying to find out where I need to look to see what the hell the problem is. Screenshot attached showing the errors I'm getting in SAB. New show, just came out this year, out of server's retention which is over 2000 days??? What's going on here, any advice is greatly appreciated!!! I'll be happy to post anything necessary log wise, screen shot, etc.
P.S. I also have a block account setup and enable through blacknews.net
I'm not sure if this is a SAB issue or not, so if not my apologies.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Every sickbeard download showing out of server retention

Post by sander »

DMCA? See https://forums.sabnzbd.org/search.php?keywords=dmca

Easy check: choose a NZB from http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=u ... &postdate=, download it, and check the speed.
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

sander wrote:DMCA? See https://forums.sabnzbd.org/search.php?keywords=dmca

Easy check: choose a NZB from http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=u ... &postdate=, download it, and check the speed.
I have a block account setup already, and SAB is connecting to both servers. I have my blocknews.net account setup and backup checked off. I'm still getting these errors on 99% of everything I'm downloading through sickbeard.
***Edit*** I just downloaded an NZB from binsearch and it automatically failed stating out of server retention????
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Did you download an Ubuntu post, like I advised you to do?
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

sander wrote:Did you download an Ubuntu post, like I advised you to do?
Trying to, it's sitting in my SAB queue and status is waiting. Which I've never seen before. And any idea why I keep receiving this error?
API Key missing, please enter the api key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: ::1>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36

SAB API key is setup in both sickbeard and couch potato correctly. Server's connect fine.

***Edit*** Downloaded an ubuntu test as suggested. It downloaded fast and perfectly fine.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

maclem8223 wrote:Downloaded an ubuntu test as suggested. It downloaded fast and perfectly fine.
So, conclusion: your SABnzbd/Newsserver download setup is correct.
Next conclusion: DMCA for the other things you want to download. See https://forums.sabnzbd.org/search.php?keywords=dmca
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

sander wrote:
maclem8223 wrote:Downloaded an ubuntu test as suggested. It downloaded fast and perfectly fine.
So, conclusion: your SABnzbd/Newsserver download setup is correct.
Next conclusion: DMCA for the other things you want to download. See https://forums.sabnzbd.org/search.php?keywords=dmca
I understand that, it's the nature of the beast. But ins't that where the Block account is supposed to take over. Is blocknews just a crappy block account site?
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Blocknews is now owned by Highwinds, which also owns Usenetserver. Therefore it is not a realistic backup since it won't find anything that Usenetserver doesn't already have. Try someone on a different branch like Tweaknews:

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Good luck.
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

ALbino wrote:Blocknews is now owned by Highwinds, which also owns Usenetserver. Therefore it is not a realistic backup since it won't find anything that Usenetserver doesn't already have. Try someone on a different branch like Tweaknews:

http://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Good luck.
That makes sense. Since I just purchased blocknews though I don't want to pay again. I've been wanting to try Giganews rather then usenet. Will that work and establish blocknews as a backup since it isn't under the same group according to the page you linked?
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Theoretical, yes, but Giganews has a high and fast rate of complete DMCA removal as well. So anything older than a few hours would probably be affected. If you want to stick with a US company instead of using a European one like Tweaknews, then you could buy a block from Astraweb and give that a shot. Be sure to use both their US and EU servers as backups.
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

ALbino wrote:Theoretical, yes, but Giganews has a high and fast rate of complete DMCA removal as well. So anything older than a few hours would probably be affected. If you want to stick with a US company instead of using a European one like Tweaknews, then you could buy a block from Astraweb and give that a shot. Be sure to use both their US and EU servers as backups.
Just bought blocknews yesterday so I don't want to grab another block account already. I think the whole issues revolved around me trying to grab shows that are to old. Once setup in sickbeard it automatically grabs them quickly and those should be fine. Just have to get the older episodes I want elsewhere I guess.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

You should read "out of server retention" as "not on your newsserver(s) (anymore)". And that could very well be caused by DMCA takedowns.

A blocknews account won't change that; same DMCA takedowns.
maclem8223

Post by maclem8223 »

sander wrote:You should read "out of server retention" as "not on your newsserver(s) (anymore)". And that could very well be caused by DMCA takedowns.

A blocknews account won't change that; same DMCA takedowns.
Then what is a block account even good for then?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

maclem8223 wrote: Then what is a block account even good for then?
Certainly none if your different accounts are providing access to the same mother newsprovider as explained by ALbino https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 982#p97977

The old reason was: buy an unlimited plan from provider 1 which has - by accident - 95% completeness. Buy a block account plan from another, independent provider 2 which has - by accident - 95% completeness. Combined completeness is 99.75%. Combined with rar/par that is enough.

However, due to DMCA, complete posts can be downloaded (causing a too low completeness even when combining). It is not clear how/what newsserver providers delete: the whole post, or 10%, or replace it with gargabe.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Think of it this way:

You need 10 parts to make a whole file, and a par file can make up any single missing file.

Usenetserver has parts: 1, 5 and 9

Blocknews has the same parts because they're the same company: 1, 5 and 9

Giganews has no parts because they deleted everything: 0

Astraweb has parts: 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10

Tweaknews has parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 9 and 10

You download from all of them and you end up with: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10. You're missing 8, but you run par to repair to create 8, and thus you end up with all 10 files.

It sounds complicated, but it's all done by SABnzbd internally, so you really only need to be in charge of having block accounts from different branches for it to draw from.