How long is "total" server bandwidth history?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
marysm

How long is "total" server bandwidth history?

Post by marysm »

Hi folks. I use Sabnzbd exclusively to download from Usenet. These days, I don't download nearly as much as I used to. I am starting to think I don't need the unlimited monthly provider I curren have. Before switching to a block provider, I wanted review my usage history. The server config shows day/week/month and total bandwidth, but I wonder how far back that total goes. Even more useful, would be seeing totals month to month. Can I extract historical logs somehow?

Thanks much.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How long is "total" server bandwidth history?

Post by shypike »

All data is in a very simple SQLITE database.
Plenty of tools to examine those.
The file is in the admin folder, below where your sabnzbd.ini file is stored.
marysm

Post by marysm »

Thanks. I can't seem to find my sabnzbd.ini or database file! I'm running Windows 7. My config page says I should find it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\sabnzbd.ini, but it is not there! I have "show hidden" on. What am I missing?

BTW, I am running v0.7.20.

Mary
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

marysm wrote:My config page says I should find it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\sabnzbd.ini, but it is not there!
That's highly unlikely.
Config->Folders also says where your "System" folder is.
What does it say?
marysm

Post by marysm »

i know its crazy, but I've done a search of my C drive. there is no sabnzbd.ini file anywhere! My "folders" config says the "admin" and " logs" folders should also be located relative to the Default Base Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd, but they are not there. The exe and other files are, but not those support folders. My history and running server bandwidth persist between Sabnzbd and whole computer restarts so, they are getting saved *somewhere*.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Do you have another web browser on your computer?
Use it to access SABnzbd.
marysm

Post by marysm »

A different browser shows same config details.I tried creating the admin and logs folders in the specified base folder, but they do not get populated with any files. Changing the folder path does nothing to create the intended folder at the new location.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Do not create admin and log folder yourself. That's useless.

Another try for you (and please read and execute carefully):
In SABnzbd: click Status (in upper left corner), then under Latest Warnings, right to Logging click "+Info". Restart SABnzbd (or your complete PC).
After the restart, in SABnzbd: click Status (in upper left corner), then under Latest Warnings, click on "Show Logging". That will download a log file. Click on that log file. In that log file, find a line with

Code: Select all

Saving data for totals
or

Saving data for queue
Copy those lines here in this thread as it will tell the directory where the admin stuff is saved.

In my case (but, warning, I'm not using Windows):

2015-02-22 12:21:15,192::INFO::[__init__:919] Saving data for queue9.sab in /home/sander/.sabnzbd/admin/queue9.sab
2015-02-22 12:21:15,195::INFO::[__init__:919] Saving data for totals9.sab in /home/sander/.sabnzbd/admin/totals9.sab
(Lines with "Saving data for SABnzbd_" is NOT what your looking for)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

And? Did that work for you?
marysm

Post by marysm »

Hello, hello. So sorry for the delay. I will try what you suggested and report back. Thanks much for your continued help.
marysm

Post by marysm »

marysm wrote:i know its crazy, but I've done a search of my C drive. there is no sabnzbd.ini file anywhere! My "folders" config says the "admin" and " logs" folders should also be located relative to the Default Base Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd, but they are not there. The exe and other files are, but not those support folders. My history and running server bandwidth persist between Sabnzbd and whole computer restarts so, they are getting saved *somewhere*.
Hello! bumping old own old thread. i *finally* found my Sabnzbd log folder!!! It in in:

C:\Users\Mary\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd

Everything is there-- logs, settings, nzb backups. For some reason nothing in the "virtualstore" shows up in the normal Windows search. I finally used a different search app, Agent Ransack, and the location of everything appeared.

Now to finally try sander's advice to see how much bandwidth I've been using.