SAB - Trying to fetch problem

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BooBooKittyFuk

SAB - Trying to fetch problem

Post by BooBooKittyFuk »

Hardware: Synology DS413
SAB Version: 0.7.20

I have added several items to SAB via series manager on DOg or search and in all cases they show in SAB as “Trying to fetch NZB from https://dognzb.cr/fetch/....”
I have also sent shows from Geeks, OZnzb, and nzb.cat, all have the same problem, and just have a countdown timer and “Trying to Fetch from..”

I have changed no setting in either Dog, SAB, nor my router.
One change that did happen is I updated the OS on my Synology (Where SAB is hosted). It wasn't a major update, just the usual progressive update they release.
I had shows successfully pushed from Dogs Watchlist earlier in the day and they downloaded as per normal. Now everything I select to be added to the queue is having this same issue. All items being sent via Dogs Watchlist are now having the same issue.

I have restarted SAB a few times, deleted waiting NZBs and added them to the queue again, still same problem.
I have searched for this problem, and in all cases the answers did not seem relevant.

Any ideas what is causing this problem?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SAB - Trying to fetch problem

Post by sander »

What happens when you add a .nzb manually into SAB's interface: does it start downloading?
BooBooKittyFuk

Post by BooBooKittyFuk »

If I add an NZB to the Watched Folder location, it will get it and download successfully.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, good: so there is an Internet connection.

Next steps:

what if you use HTTP instead of HTTPS ?
what if you open the URL SAB is trying to fetch in Chrome or Firefox? Do you get the NZB?

FWIW: when I open https://dognzb.cr/, I get redirected to wikipedia ...
BooBooKittyFuk

Post by BooBooKittyFuk »

It's all working now. Not only was there a OS update for the Synology, there had been a Python update (Synocommunity).
There was another Python update just posted - 2.7.9-13, once installed, I restarted SAB, and it all went back to normal and started downloading, everything is working as it should, I sent a few more things across and it was all successful.

FYI, you need to go to https://dognzb.cr/login