"Name / Password" and "Name{{Password}}" do not work!

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
FCrane

"Name / Password" and "Name{{Password}}" do not work!

Post by FCrane »

As in RC2, the combinations of "Name / Password" and "Name{{Password}}" do not work anymore in the name edit field! This is horrible, because it takes many more clicks to set the name and the password of new items in the download list.

Please bring back that function, because it is the main reason I use Sabnzbd instead of NZBGet. This function has always worked perfectly and there is no reason to remove it. At least add a "Special" option to reenable the password handling in the name field!

Regards!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Name / Password" and "Name{{Password}}" do not work!

Post by shypike »

Name/password works in the standard Plush skin, if you use the "name" field at the bottom
of the "Add NZB" dialog.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I don't use the "Add NZB" dialog! I use a watch directory where all NZBs are saved automatically. So If I download an NZB somewhere, it appears in the download list of Sabnzbd automatically, mostly with some cryptic name. I then click the item to get to the details view (where the name, password, etc. fields are and all the parts are listed) and I want to change the name here to something meaningful. I'd like to be able to use "name / password" or "name{{password}}" in the first name field, because I can copy these strings from the forums in one click. This always worked perfectly up to 0.7.17 RC1, but now (as in RC2) it's broken. Please bring back that function, at least with a "special" option or something like that, if you don't want to enable it by default!

Thanks!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Slashes in file names have never worked, no operating system allows them.
So it's only the name{{pw}}.nzb construction that may fail.
I'll check.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Not the filename! I'm referring to the name edit field of the download (when I click the item in the main download queue list). Can I send you a screenshot?

Regards!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

FCrane wrote:Not the filename! I'm referring to the name edit field of the download (when I click the item in the main download queue list). Can I send you a screenshot?
Regards!
There's a password box now on the job details page. What's the problem?
Why do you want to paste the name/pw combo instead of just the password?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

shypike wrote:
FCrane wrote:Not the filename! I'm referring to the name edit field of the download (when I click the item in the main download queue list). Can I send you a screenshot?
Regards!
There's a password box now on the job details page. What's the problem?
Why do you want to paste the name/pw combo instead of just the password?
Which skin are you using?
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I'm using the Plush - Gold skin. Yes, I know there is a password box and it works fine, but I still prefer being able to paste the "name / pw" combination into the name field only, because this is much faster. This is my scenario: I find a download in a forum and click on its nzb download button. The nzb file is downloaded to the watch directory and Sabnzbd picks it up automatically, but with some cryptic name. On the forum page, I can copy the real name and password in one piece (or even a "name{{pw}}" string as such. I now switch to the Sabnzbd browser window and click the new item in the download queue list. This takes me to the job details page. Here I want to simply paste the whole copied string (containing name and password) into the name field and replace everything between name and password with a /. This leaves the "name / pw" combination in the name field (or immediately the "name{{pw}}" string). I hit Enter and everything is fine. At least this is how it worked up to RC1. With the new version, it takes a couple of more copies, pastes, clicks to separate the password into the other field. Of course it's no real problem, but it was much faster and convenient the old way. So I simply ask to (at least per option) reenable the "name / password" and "name{{password}}" parsing for the name field in the job details. You mentioned that this was removed due to compatibility with special characters in passwords, but in the last many years, I never encountered a problem concerning this, so I'd really prefer to have that functionality back.

Furthermore, the download queue displays the downloads with "name/pw" anyway, so it seems unlogical that I can not enter that the same way on the details page. By the way: it would be nicer and clearer if there were spaces around the slash in the download queue ("name / pw" instead of "name/pw").

Thanks!
mue012

Post by mue012 »

I also noticed that it is in 0.7.17 not longer possible to copy the Title+Password in one string in the title field if you want to change the details of a job.
Some posters in forums provide the complete Information like 'title{{password}}'.
You can copy it to use it as filename or it was possible to paste it in the title of the Job Details. After sending the Changes of the Details Page, sabnzd has done the splitting of the password between the braces from the title field and stored it automatically as seperate password information. This feature doesn't work in 0.7.17 any more. It was nice, because if you use a tablet it is easy to copy everything in one field and splitting works automatically.
It would be great to get this feature back.

Nice bahaviour: If you forget to split title and password and sabnzbd tries to unpack the files it ends with an error that the password is missing. If you hit the retry button the second attempt to unpack works fine, because suddenly sabnzbd recognize the password between the braces in the Job title and unpacks the files.

Thanks.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

[quote="mue012"]
Nice bahaviour: If you forget to split title and password and sabnzbd tries to unpack the files it ends with an error that the password is missing. If you hit the retry button the second attempt to unpack works fine, because suddenly sabnzbd recognize the password between the braces in the Job title and unpacks the files.
[quote]

Ha, that's actually behavior that escaped the changes.
The main reason for changing it at all is that there are several situations where things would go wrong.
The current code is hopelessly convoluted and therefor error prone.
It will be reviewed again for the next major release: 0.8.0
It's likely that the feature will come back then.
DerKiLLa

Post by DerKiLLa »

If you enable the pre check, it does work with filename{{password}}
But if u disable this check, it does not work
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Like I said. The code is hopelessly complex and needs cleaning up.
These are the sort of side-effects to be expected.
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Thanks for fixing this issue in 0.7.18! Finally, entering names with passwords is comfortable again.

Regards!