sabnzbd forgets previous download volume

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
JHuPiTer

sabnzbd forgets previous download volume

Post by JHuPiTer »

Using SABnzbd+ on OSX Mavericks through Chrome browser.
I have set up temporary and permanent download folders on a USB volume (/Volumes/USBDrive/Incomplete and /Volumes/USBDrive/Complete) respectively.
This was working well until I had to unplug USBDrive. When plugged back, the original /Volumes/USBDrive/Incomplete and Volumes/USBDrive/Complete folders are no longer found giving me errors. When I browse to set up the download folders through the SABnzbd+ folders tab, the original /Volumes/USBDrive now no longer shows any subfolders. However, a new Volume named USBDrive 1 now appears right below USBDrive. When I browse that drive, I can now see and select the original Incomplete and Complete folders. All is well until I have to eject and disconnect the USB drive again.
Now, neither USBDrive nor USBDrive 1 show any subfolders, and a new volume called USBDrive 2 has appeared, in which I can find the Incomplete and Complete subfolders.

While I can certainly reassign the temp and permanent download folders to the new USBDrive n, at some point, this will be cumbersome when I get to USBDrive 100000.
I have tried ejecting the drive, retarting SABnzbd+, repairing, all to no avail.

Please advise.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: sabnzbd forgets previous download volume

Post by shypike »

It looks like you damaged the file system on the USB device.
It needs repairing, there are probably tools for that.
BTW: we recommend always using a local drive for the temporary download folder.
JHuPiTer

Post by JHuPiTer »

When I try to designate a local drive for temp download folder (i.e., /Volumes/Macintosh HD), no subfolders show up. If I type in full path in temp download folder field (/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Downloads/Incomplete), the folder change doesn't stick. I have checked all my drives with utility software and all report drives working fine. I am currently on USBDrive 5
JHuPiTer

Post by JHuPiTer »

When I try to designate a local drive for temp download folder (i.e., /Volumes/Macintosh HD), no subfolders show up. If I type in full path in temp download folder field (/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Downloads/Incomplete), the folder change doesn't stick. I have checked all my drives with utility software and all report drives working fine. I am currently on USBDrive 5
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The incomplete folder is normally on /Users/LOGINNAME/Downloads/incomplete
Yours is in the root where SABnzbd may not have access rights.
Why do you mention the USB drive? It's on a local drive isn't it?