When disk becomes full, current part/file becomes locked

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
kr0ll0

When disk becomes full, current part/file becomes locked

Post by kr0ll0 »

Hi shypike, lately I have run out of disk space often enough to have found an issue. :D Am running 0.7.20 on an XP machine (not by choice), with an NTFS filesystem.

Whenever the set disk limit is reached, SabNZBd pauses the current (and future) downloads as expected. However, when space has been cleared and the current download is resumed, it seems that the file that was being processed at the time of the error becomes locked to both system and user. This download will complete, but post-processing fails. No text error is shown, while the mouse-over text first reads simply as needing verification. After the Retry function has been activated, it fails again (still no error text), and shows that the download needs repair. Nothing changes with subsequent retries.

Checking the PAR files manually revealed that there is always one file that is incomplete, however this file cannot be accessed until the system is rebooted. When a reboot is inconvenient I have copied all the other files to a new folder and run the repair manually. I don't remember if I've tried using FileAssassin or similar locked-file-deleters. Anyhow I figured I'd post this now while I have a download in this state. If this isn't just a weird quirk with my aging system I'm glad to provide more info.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: When disk becomes full, current part/file becomes locked

Post by shypike »

You should set a disk threshold and not wait for the disk to become full.
It's in Config->Folders.
Other than that, it's the first time anyone complains about locked files in this situation.
kr0ll0

Re: When disk becomes full, current part/file becomes locked

Post by kr0ll0 »

That's actually what i meant by "set disk limit", but when i went to check what that was i discovered my previous setting was gone. I've changed that now and will report back if it doesn't help. Thanks!