1.0.3 downloading in parallel

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Alrescha

1.0.3 downloading in parallel

Post by Alrescha »

I just upgraded to 1.0.3, and notice that it appears to be downloading in parallel, with one queue entry using my priority 0 server and another queue entry using my priority 1 server. Since I download at my ISP capacity with either server, this has the effect of doubling the time it takes my first queue entry to download.

Is this expected behavior? If so, can I turn it off? (I made a quick pass through configuration and did not see anything)

A.

addendum:

Apparently my priority 0 server does not have files for the top queue entry so my backup server is being used, leaving empty connections available for the primary server which are being used for the next file in the queue. Maybe?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1.0.3 downloading in parallel

Post by shypike »

The reason is likely that your primary server doesn't have one of the posts.
pikkedonker

Post by pikkedonker »

That should be the expected result yeah, but I seem to have the same problem also. First I downloaded 4 files, for some reason they all didn't get complete and I did a queue repair (something about files getting orphened?). But not before I disabled the low priority servers and started te queue up. Now the priority 0 server could get the missing posts and even completed the files with a par repair.
For now I'm disabling all lower servers and enabling when needs B (disabling prio 0 in that case)

Edit 5:23 am : Still had to get extra par files from secondairy server. But there's something I cannot put my finger on it. Will investigate... (if I'm that smart...)

Edit 8:06 am : Turns out the RAR files themselfs were corrupt also couldn't Par them. Have no clue as to what is going on (guess I'm not that smart lol). Back to my synology and 0.6.9 merty sabnzbd and to the old axiom: "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

pikkedonker wrote: Edit 8:06 am : Turns out the RAR files themselfs were corrupt also couldn't Par them. Have no clue as to what is going on (guess I'm not that smart lol). Back to my synology and 0.6.9 merty sabnzbd and to the old axiom: "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
What are you implying?
- That you happened to hit a bad post?
- SABnzbd 0.6.9 does a better job with that same post?
- SABnzbd 0.6.9 does a better job overall?
pikkedonker

Post by pikkedonker »

Lol nope, none of the above.
While I'm sure the new versions are much better, more well written etc etc, the one time I did updated to a windows version and the new 1.03 things were starting to unravell a bit. I'm not just that of a computer nerd to figure these things out (errors... maybe even not that.. maybe my own fault not installing it right... who knows...well not me). That's why I said ain't broke don't fix it. It's a reminder to myself that I don't always have to have the latest in versions and to update and upgrade everything. So nothing to do with Sabnzbd and it's programmers, admins and what have you, I think you guys are doing a bang up job! I couldn't program a bouncing ball on my screen for that matter! So Kudo's!