Different color bar when "checking" nzb

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Keeper

Different color bar when "checking" nzb

Post by Keeper »

My idea was to have a different color bar when the nzb gets "checked".

Reason?

Well, my SAB sometimes downloads files ahead, on page 2 or 3 of my queue, and I don't always realize it.
I think because some of my files downloading from the top of the queue, might be be from a slow/free newshost, so SAB downloads other files ahead with my faster paid for hosts (which is fine)

The problem is I don't easily know whether files down my queue is actually at 98% downloading or only "checking"..

If I see a file on page 3 with 98% completion, I want to move it to first place to just get it done with and out of the queue. Most of the time those files are only "checking", but sometime they are actually almost complete, and I just assume they are still checking because there is no easy way to actually see.

We really need an easy way to differentiate between a file that is actually downloading or still in the checking phase, when looking at the download queue
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Different color bar when "checking" nzb

Post by shypike »

We don't recommend the "check" option any longer.
It already says "Checking" in the queue.
We are looking at using different colors to indicate the health of the download.
(Like more red when articles are missing.)
Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Negative. Does not always say "checking"

I just saw this file at almost complete, and moved it to the top of my queue. It didn't say "checking", it gave an ETA, and hovering over the filename it said "Downloading"
After the bar went to 100%, it ACTUALLY started downloading and the bar went back to 0% done.

So it seems SABnzb has a bug then.

I know what you are speaking of though, I have seen the "checking" text a lot - but it seems it doesn't always report that, and incorrectly reports some checking as "downloading"

....You can still use the red/etc colors on the bar for when it's downloading, but please make it grey or something when it's "Checking" for the love of god.
It's just easier this way to see what all your files are doing.

...or at the least fix the bug where SAB "forgets" that the file is still in the checking phase, and incorrectly reports that it's downloading.
stickfiddler

Post by stickfiddler »

Agree with OP, mine does the same thing, mostly says checking but not always is it clear it's in the middle of a check
As for not recommending using check, why? For some of us with limited bandwidth, it's imperative. I move a lot of stuff and I'm currently getting at least a 70% failure rate, I NEED to check stuff before I get it.
stickfiddler

Post by stickfiddler »

Evidence.
Top entry there is 101% definitely performing the check, infact it's now finished the check and moved from 3kb/s to the full 111kb/s I allocated (and of course, reset back to 0%)

The program does not infact, always tell you when it's checking. A diff coloured bar would be nice.