Manipulating Powerboost

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Snatch

Re: Manipulating Powerboost

Post by Snatch »

Thanks Shypike! I appreciate your help & support!
neongreen23

Post by neongreen23 »

A few points. I have been using SABnzb for about three years now and it is the best Newsreader I have used to date !! Thank you all for all your hard work.

I have thought about this feature a great deal over the last 18 months but never really looked into it.

If this were implemented it would allow me to download HD content in a manor I could rationalize. In that it would effectively 2.5X my bandwidth.

I know this thread has been going for a few years now ,but I would honestly like to put in my support and agreement that this would make this software an even more robust and wonderful construct.

I am not a coder but if there is any support I could give please ask.
neongreen23

Post by neongreen23 »

One last thing, I will also note this is one of the 3rd most viewed posts on this forum. At nearly 10K views.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

You may have noticed that the subject is also rather controversial.
And very hard to get right, given the variance in provider's methods.
We're afraid that we will never it quite right and will get bogged down with endless support calls.
ziddey

Post by ziddey »

----snip---
wtf911

Post by wtf911 »

any update to this? something i can go and use?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

No, the team decided not to do this.
Noxthenotsovocal

Post by Noxthenotsovocal »

I understand that the team has looked into this and has opted not to do this. I would like to at least talk about this for a little bit and maybe get some feedback from the community. With Comcast at least this is what I have noted. I top out at 16 Mbps or 2.0 MB/s, if I reduce the speed to 1.9 MB/s for 30 seconds and then hit the reset button the speed boost kicks in again. I get a burst of 5.5 – 6.3 MB/s for what I assume is the first 50 Meg of the download. I understand the desire of the developers to have their plates clean form the numerous support tickets this would open, but none the less. Comcast has degraded there service in our area continuously and are refusing to bring in faster internet. I have called there corporate office, written letters, talk to the B2B people about it and they all have promised for 3 years that 50 Mbps was right around the corner. I just recently read an article about how they are attempting to create a tiered data system just like some cellular companies. This is not just a question of function it’s a question of maximizing the ability of this software to deliver content in a manner that is consistent with a growing and evolving internet. Adapting to change and learning, this post will surely bring out the people that state, just write the code yourself and we will look over it. I am not a coder but I know that I have the pulse of a feature that thousands of people would love and enjoy. Please do not take this in any negative manor but let’s all just have a chat about it.

Nox
Sabnzbduser

Post by Sabnzbduser »

Bump...
war59312

Post by war59312 »

What ISP's if any are still using Powerbooost?

I know TWC is NOT in most if not all areas now after the latest round of national wide speed increase.
lgrootnoob

Post by lgrootnoob »

Charter does it.
For me on charter, powerboost goes from 16 mbps to 40 mbps for the first three seconds.(not sure if its a static byte limit for us)
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

I didn't bother to read the whole thread, but maybe you could hack the Scheduler to Pause/Resume repeatedly?