Scheduling feature request

Want something added? Ask for it here.
kjuojhuoh

Scheduling feature request

Post by kjuojhuoh »

My ISP has peak/off peak download quotas. I would like to see an enhancement to Scheduling whereby you can pause/resume items in the queue based on their priority. Currently we have low/normal/high/force... I am thinking there needs to be one more, call it priority 'Halt' or what you like, which is the opposite to 'Force' i.e. place at bottom of queue with status = paused. Then allow us to set a schedule that at hh:mm on m/t/w/th/fr/sa/su resume 'halt' priority items in queue. Then a similar schedule to pause any 'halt' items in queue.

With this, those of us with peak/off peak quotas could restrict certain jobs to off peak downloading. When adding to the queue we could use a category that sets them to priority 'halt'.

Carlo
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scheduling feature request

Post by shypike »

Already in the code for 0.8.0
Giraffe05

Post by Giraffe05 »

Hi Shypike,

Excuse my ignorance and potentially a lack of googling skills but I have been using Sabnzbd for a long time now and have recently gotten into the same predicament as the op. Is 0.8.0 available now for windows installation? Is there a beta or is this something in development for eventual distribution?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

0.8.0 has had serious delays.
There will be a test version in a month or so.
Giraffe05

Post by Giraffe05 »

Well that is fantastic news! Keep up the good work and I will keep an eye out for the test version!