Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
RageX

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by RageX »

Ok I just installed Sick Beard on Ubuntu 9.10 from SVN and gave it a try. I can see a lot of potential, and it kind of works, but is very much alpha quality. 

Sick Beard really needs to have the ability to statically set a path to TV episodes, which is scanned and sub-directories are mapped to TV shows, with the ability to easily turn a show on or off with a tickbox.  This also needs to be kept separate from the SABnzbd "TV" category, as in my  case and others this is purely a "spool" directory before the post processing script moves it to it's final location.

SickBeard should also handle the default file/directory structure that SABnzbd uses, e.g. Program Name, Season Name, Episode.  And if it doesnt recognize the directory/show format, flag it up/disable it and move on.

I pointed it at my /media/stor0/media/TV directory where all my episodes are, it added Heroes and then baulked, each time I ran it again it would add maybe one show then quit back to the home screen.  When adding "Father Ted" it had a complete spasm and I got a "cherrypy" error.
Last edited by RageX on December 10th, 2009, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

jerame20 wrote: do the predownloaded eps in sd get deleted when an hd version is found?
Yes
RageX wrote: Ok I just installed Sick Beard on Ubuntu 9.10 from SVN and gave it a try. I can see a lot of potential, and it kind of works, but is very much alpha quality. 

Sick Beard really needs to have the ability to statically set a path to TV episodes, which is scanned and sub-directories are mapped to TV shows, with the ability to easily turn a show on or off with a tickbox.  This also needs to be kept separate from the SABnzbd "TV" category, as in my  case and others this is purely a "spool" directory before the post processing script moves it to it's final location.

SickBeard should also handle the default file/directory structure that SABnzbd uses, e.g. Program Name, Season Name, Episode.  And if it doesnt recognize the directory/show format, flag it up/disable it and move on.
I don't really understand what you want here. You can already add a root folder full of TV shows which will make shows from each folder inside, if that's not what you meant then you need to be more specific. And what part of the program are you saying needs to follow the default SABnzbd directory structure? If you use the Sick Beard postprocessing then you just download it wherever you want and it will place it in the show dir, if not then as long as SAB or your postprocess script places it in the show dir then Sick Beard will find it. Sick Beard does support season folders which would be the Show/Season X/Episode format you mentioned so I'm not sure what you are asking for in that respect . And finally, what does any of this have to do with SAB's "TV" category?? SAB categories have absolutely no meaning to Sick Beard, it only cares where your episodes are.

There is a feature request that would let you skip shows when adding a whole folder, though, but showing a list of them with checkboxes might be a better way of doing it, good idea.
RageX wrote: I pointed it at my /media/stor0/media/TV directory where all my episodes are, it added Heroes and then baulked, each time I ran it again it would add maybe one show then quit back to the home screen.  When adding "Father Ted" it had a complete spasm and I got a "cherrypy" error.
If you want Sick Beard to improve I need useful bug reports so I can figure out what the problems are. I need to know:

1) Exactly what error message you got (pasted from cherrypy/console)
2) Exactly what you were doing (what shows/episode/settings/etc, what you clicked, what it didn't do that it should have)
3) What OS you are on, what revision you're using

Any cherrypy error should definitely be fixed so be sure to log bugs any time you encounter one. It is hard to look at my source code and decide what might cause "a complete spasm" without more information.
themugger
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by themugger »

Wow, very good! i have been using EB for ages and have just tries Sick Beard out and i must say it is very Sick! good work so far, looking forward to following your developement.

Thanks
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

Awsome work on the new version! Added all my shows and didn't even prompt me about any of them, and they all were added with there correct name.

It would be nice if there was something tell me that it was working on adding the tv shows. Took me couple minutes to realize it was adding the shows, you don't notice unless you do a refresh. So just any visual indication it is currently working on adding shows would be good.

Now the only thing now is that it doesn't pick up my video files. All my shows have zero files according to sick beard. The the exception of one. That one isn't any different then the rest. I am currently using dummy files if makes a difference.

I'll send you a log.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by wally007 »

i cant for the life of me install cheetah on macosx... im either brain dead or someethings  wrong with cheetah installer but i'm getting error msg in terminal ...

Code: Select all

bash-3.2$ /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/data/Cheetah/setup.py install
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing requirements to Cheetah.egg-info/requires.txt
writing Cheetah.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to Cheetah.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to Cheetah.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
warning: manifest_maker: standard file 'setup.py' not found
error: package directory 'cheetah' does not exist
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

pair of dimes wrote: sudo python /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/data/Cheetah/setup.py install
Thanks for response but nope , not working .. still same ... even logged in as root

PCserver:~ vladik1$ su
Password:
sh-3.2# sudo python /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/data/Cheetah/setup.py install
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing requirements to Cheetah.egg-info/requires.txt
writing Cheetah.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to Cheetah.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to Cheetah.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
warning: manifest_maker: standard file 'setup.py' not found
error: package directory 'cheetah' does not exist
sh-3.2# 
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

pair of dimes wrote: maybe try
cd /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/data/Cheetah/
sudo python setup.py install
or even
sudo python2.5 setup.py install

what does Cheetah.egg-info/dependency_links.txt say?
finally .... thanks now i THINK it installed cheetah

cd /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/data/Cheetah/
sudo python setup.py install
was needed. Dunno why.

but now when i run

python /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py it errors out ....

PCserver:~ vladik1$ python /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC/objc/_bridgesupport.py:9: UserWarning: Module Cheetah was already imported from /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/Cheetah/__init__.pyc, but /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.0-py2.6.egg is being added to sys.path
  import pkg_resources
[05:30:13 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Starting up Sick Beard trunk from /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/config.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 166, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 86, in main
    sickbeard.initialize()
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 238, in initialize
    WEB_LOG = bool(check_setting_int(CFG, 'General', 'web_log', 0))
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 155, in check_setting_int
    Logger().log(item_name + " -> " + str(my_val), DEBUG)
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/sickbeard/logging.py", line 93, in log
    self.fileObj = self._logObject()
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/sickbeard/logging.py", line 68, in _logObject
    fileObj = open(os.path.join(sickbeard.LOG_DIR, self._logName()), "a+")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'Logs/sickbeard.2009-12-12.log'
PCserver:~ vladik1$ 
Last edited by wally007 on December 12th, 2009, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

pair of dimes wrote: so what does Logs/sickbeard.2009-12-12.log say
it says all kinds of things :-) but what i dont get is ,  why its generated only readable and even if i make it read/write (in finder)  for everyone i still get permision denied.
Last edited by wally007 on December 12th, 2009, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

...and if i run sickBeard as a root user sick beard finally runs but with error

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 605, in index
    t = Template(file="data/interfaces/default/home.tmpl")
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1254, in __init__
    self._compile(source, file, compilerSettings=compilerSettings)
  File "/Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1541, in _compile
    self._fileMtime = os.path.getmtime(file)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/vladik1/data/interfaces/default/home.tmpl'
in Safari.

Here's terminal log

PCserver:~ vladik1$ su 
Password:
sh-3.2# python /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py 
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC/objc/_bridgesupport.py:9: UserWarning: Module Cheetah was already imported from /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/Cheetah/__init__.pyc, but /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/Cheetah-2.4.0-py2.6.egg is being added to sys.path
  import pkg_resources
[06:14:34 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Starting up Sick Beard trunk from /Users/vladik1/Downloads/sickbeard/config.ini
[06:14:34 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Loading initial show list
[06:14:34 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
[06:14:34 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of MISSED episodes
[06:14:34 PM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Changing all old missing episodes to status MISSED
[06:14:34 PM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of MISSED episodes
[06:14:34 PM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
[06:14:34 PM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> No episodes were found to download
Last edited by wally007 on December 12th, 2009, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally007
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by wally007 »

Oh well , my patience has run out. Ive been at it for 4 hours unable to even get the thing going. Thanks pair of dimes for your time and  help. I guess i'll  just wait for Media Rover to get UI.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Hmm, ok lets see... the first bug here is that I'm not fixing up the cheetah .tmpl paths, so when you ran it as root it was looking for them in the dir you were in when you started Sick Beard rather than the dir Sick Beard was installed in. This is fixed in r176.

The second thing is I should be catching that permission denied error and disabling logging but still running. I'll add that in a bit, but for now you should be able to just chmod your sickbeard dir (or run as root I guess).
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

It looks like you don't suport the SxEE format. Nice to see that you have made it search without the year also. SxEE isn't really proper so I can see why you wouldn't have been searching for it. This was just a test anyhow, I don't even know the show.

** Post sanitized; do not break forum rules. **
Last edited by Anonymous on February 20th, 2010, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote: Awsome work on the new version! Added all my shows and didn't even prompt me about any of them, and they all were added with there correct name.

It would be nice if there was something tell me that it was working on adding the tv shows. Took me couple minutes to realize it was adding the shows, you don't notice unless you do a refresh. So just any visual indication it is currently working on adding shows would be good.

Now the only thing now is that it doesn't pick up my video files. All my shows have zero files according to sick beard. The the exception of one. That one isn't any different then the rest. I am currently using dummy files if makes a difference.

I'll send you a log.
Yes I noticed this problem yesterday - it is supposed to show the shows on the home page with "Loading" status, but something is going wrong. I'll take a look at it this weekend, but for now just peek at your console to make sure it's doing something :0)

As for your video files, what is your directory structure inside each show's folder? I have had some reports about people with different season folder naming not getting picked up - it currently only checks for "Season X" not "Season 0x" or "SeasonX". Another known issue that I will maybe take a look at this weekend.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote: It looks like you don't suport the SxEE format. Nice to see that you have made it search without the year also. SxEE isn't really proper so I can see why you wouldn't have been searching for it. This was just a test anyhow, I don't even know the show.

** Post sanitized; do not break forum rules. **
Yeah the problem is that for every extra naming convention I support I have to do an additional search on NZBs.org, so if I were to really support every possible combination then every episode would be dozens of queries. This is because their API is extremely rudimentary - on Newzbin I can search many different formats in a single search so I don't have to worry about it. Also TVBinz normalizes their reports so that misnamed ones get changed to a standard format in the RSS, which makes searching much smoother.

All in all I don't know what I can do about NZBs.org, unless they make some changes to their site I think it's impractical to do a comprehensive search there :-|
Last edited by Anonymous on February 20th, 2010, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

My directory structure is "Season X"