Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Glad you like it meqtrader. Feel free to post bug reports for the things you find that aren't working - if nobody reports them they'll never get fixed ;-P
madman420
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by madman420 »

midgetspy get a chance to take a look at my problem?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

madman420 wrote: midgetspy get a chance to take a look at my problem?
Well your first problem is simply something that I haven't had the time to fix yet - shows that get posted by a different name on the index sites than they have on TVDB.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=86

It'll get fixed eventually.

The second one I should be able to fix, it looks like it's just an error in the "scenifying" of the show names. I'll check it tonight.
SABUser

Post by SABUser »

I've tested SickBeard on windows via VMware and I think it shows real potential as a replacement for my current HellaVCR setup.

However there are obviously some dependency issues with Debian.

What are the minimum required version numbers of:

* cherrypy
* Cheetah
* BeautifulSoup
* tvdb_api
* python-irclib
* ConfigObj
* Python GNTP

Is Python 2.6 REALLY a requirement as this won't be in Debian for a VERY long time to come. As you are hoping to make this a plugin for SabNZBD at some point your Python requirement just removed the worlds Debian users :(
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

It comes with all the dependencies packaged with it except for Cheetah. I'm not sure the minimum version required for Cheetah but I'm pretty sure it works with at least 2.2.2 (I have 2.4.0).

As for python 2.6 the biggest problem is that I don't know exactly what 2.6-only features I'm using. I'm sure I can make it work for 2.5 but I'm not going to bother trying until I have a stable version anyway. For now just compile python 2.6 yourself and use it when running Sick Beard (that's what I did for testing on my Ubuntu box).
SABUser

Post by SABUser »

Thanks for the reply. Its probably worth adding that the only dependency is Cheetah on the project page for clarity.

Just as a point of reference Sab is running on my production Debian stable box this now with:

Package python

* lenny (stable) (python): An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
     2.5.2-3: all

and in the experimental Debian (which will take a long time to hit stable)

* experimental (python): An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
     2.5.4-8: all

Looking at the same for:

Package python-cheetah

* lenny (stable) (text): text-based template engine and Python code generator
     2.0.1-2: alpha amd64 arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

* sid (unstable) (text): text-based template engine and Python code generator
     2.0.1-2: alpha amd64 armel avr32 hppa hurd-i386 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-amd64 kfreebsd-i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

gives you an idea of how far back you will need to go for your final testing.

Admittedly Debian has never and will never be anything like bleeding edge but it accounts for a huge proportion of Linux users and requiring compiling Python and Cheetah from source when Sabnzbd doesn't will make people less inclined to try it (and realistically only the brave few will deviate this far from apt versions for such an inegral part of the OS as Python just to make their NZB donwloader work).

Food for development though.

Kudos
Last edited by SABUser on January 22nd, 2010, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Well on the main page directly below the list of other projects used by Sick Beard is the line:
Sick Beard should run on any Windows version and any platform with Python 2.6+ and Cheetah installed. Win32 builds are posted in the Downloads section, to run from source you'll need to check the source out from svn.
I'm not sure how much clearer it can be - it will run on any platform with Python 2.6 and Cheetah, period.

Thx for the version info, that'll be good to know. If you do compile python 2.6 please let me know if Sick Beard runs with your version of Cheetah (though updating your Cheetah will be trivial compared to compiling your own Python).
revelation_22

Post by revelation_22 »

XBMC is having trouble with the NFO files SB is generating. If SB only generates tvshow.nfo XBMC does not import the individual episodes. If metadata for each show is generated they are listed in the library but then fanart does not display.

ERROR: CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder: Asked to lookup episode smb://path/to/a/show/show - S05E02.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the tag is in place.

The error occurs with XBMC 9.11/Ubuntu 9.10 and T3CH r23183 build for xbox

Thanks,
revelation22
Last edited by revelation_22 on January 24th, 2010, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Yep there are some improvements coming to the NFO files in the upcoming releases which should fix that problem.
darkblade

Post by darkblade »

Just updated to r236 and upon running under ubuntu I receive the following

Code: Select all

[03:21:00 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> 0: Loading show info from NFO
[03:21:00 PM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> 79488: Loading show info from database
[03:21:00 PM] <MAIN::ERROR> There was an error creating the show in /files/tv/SHOW NAME: No item with that key
When I look at the web interface it has the number of episodes at the bottom downloaded and lists items in the backlog and history. It just doesn't list any shows.
qrb123

Post by qrb123 »

Hmmm... This looks like it may be exactly what I need...  I have been using mediarover up until now, and it is wonderful, but this looks like it may handle things a little differently and in a way that integrates better with xbmc.... 

If I get some free time I may install this.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

darkblade wrote: Just updated to r236 and upon running under ubuntu I receive the following

[03:21:00 PM] <MAIN::ERROR> There was an error creating the show in /files/tv/SHOW NAME: No item with that key
When I look at the web interface it has the number of episodes at the bottom downloaded and lists items in the backlog and history. It just doesn't list any shows.
I need to see the log to have any idea what's wrong... are you sure that /files/tv/SHOW NAME hasn't been moved, renamed, disconnected, etc? (it shouldn't stop loading your shows regardless though)
darkblade

Post by darkblade »

midgetspy wrote:
darkblade wrote: Just updated to r236 and upon running under ubuntu I receive the following

I need to see the log to have any idea what's wrong... are you sure that /files/tv/SHOW NAME hasn't been moved, renamed, disconnected, etc? (it shouldn't stop loading your shows regardless though)
The files are there and nothing has changed.

Here is the log.

[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> Retrieving the last check time from the DB
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM info
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Loading initial show list
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_shows
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> 0: Loading show info from NFO
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> 76290: Loading show info from database
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_shows WHERE tvdb_id = 76290
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::ERROR> There was an error creating the show in /files/tv/SHOW_NAME: No item with that key
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 57, in loadShowsFromDB
    curShow = TVShow(sqlShow["location"])
  File "/home/apou/sickbeard-read-only/sickbeard/tv.py", line 100, in __init__
    self.loadFromDB()
  File "/home/apou/sickbeard-read-only/sickbeard/tv.py", line 490, in loadFromDB
    self.tvrid = int(sqlResults[0]["tvr_id"])
IndexError: No item with that key
It continues to run through every episode and ends with the following before starting to check for new shows

[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status IN (-1, 1, 3) AND airdate <= 733798
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of MISSED episodes
[10:10:23 AM] <MAIN::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status=6
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::DEBUG> Starting new thread: SEARCH
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Changing all old missing episodes to status MISSED
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status=1 AND airdate < 733798
[10:10:23 AM] <CHECKVERSION::DEBUG> Starting new thread: CHECKVERSION
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of MISSED episodes
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status=6
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status IN (-1, 1, 3) AND airdate <= 733798
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::DEBUG> Beginning search for todays episodes
[10:10:23 AM] <SEARCH::MESSAGE> No episodes were found to download
[10:10:42 AM] <CP Server Thread-4::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT showid, COUNT(*) FROM tv_episodes WHERE status IN (4,3) AND airdate != 1 AND season != 0 and episode != 0 AND airdate <= 733798 GROUP BY showid
[10:10:42 AM] <CP Server Thread-4::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT showid, COUNT(*) FROM tv_episodes WHERE airdate != 1 AND season != 0 and episode != 0 AND airdate <= 733798 GROUP BY showid
[10:10:42 AM] <CP Server Thread-4::DEBUG> sickbeard.db: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tv_episodes WHERE season != 0 AND episode != 0 AND status=4
kricker

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration,

Post by kricker »

Nzbs passed from Nzbs.org just stay stuck at "trying to fetch...". Looking at the URL it appears as if the user and key are not being passed along as well.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

darkblade: yes r234 and up need a db fix, you need to run fixDB.py or delete your DB and start over

kricker: That's the behavior if your uid/hash is bad... What rev are you on? r239 implemented auth checking for nzbs.org but before that it will just fail if you have an older version and your auth is bad.