[WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
LarzJG

Re: [WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Post by LarzJG »

I had the issue with about 20 shows, 200 items, and a 2 hours schedule. Yeah, too much too fast. ;)

After I ran TV Renamer - and thanks for that one, btw, great stuff - I'm getting way less into the queue. Last run-through gave me 30 or so.

Got any idea why this bug occurs?
Queued for download: 30 Rock - 4x07 - Dealbreakers Talk Show #0001: error: API Key Required
Queued for download: Breaking Bad - 2x02 - Grilled: ok
That's from the same run-through. I was watching the queue, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't add the show to download, I even tried taking away API key, then I got "Queue Response: [error: Missing authentication]" instead of the API Key bug.

It's the FIRST show of the batch, and no others in that batch give me issues. Could SABnzbd not be "ready" on the first one?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

That issue is very odd, I personally have never seen it. How many items were already in the queue, or was it empty? It sounds like SAB is slow to react and throws an error, because obviously it works later and SABSync performs the same actions from the first item to the last.

I'm looking to see if I can find a better way to check if that NZBID is already in the queue,

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Could it be related to the #0001 in the eps name?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

That's a good question... It may be that SAB is trying to parse the # in the episode name when it is added to the Queue. I will do some testing in that today and see what happens. I have that particular episode already on disk' but it was added from Newzbin. Since the # is valid for windows filenames it is not cleaned out of the episode name.

I know that the & symbol causes issues when it is not properly replaced with it's eqivilant code: %26

-Markus
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

The # sign is the issue. I have resolved the issue, for the # sign, plus any other illegal characters (except the space) from the following page: http://www.december.com/html/spec/esccodes.html

I'm about ready to release a new version, which will include the following features:

-(Fixed) NZB File Matching, will now properly match NZB files with non-space separators to their space separated counter-parts and vice-versa, fixing issues with feeds from different sites (nzbmatrix vs nzbs.org) - Fix also will allow PROPERs to be downloaded, as this was broken in 0.8.2

-(Fixed) Replace illegal URL characters with their proper escape characters

-(Fixed) SABSync will now remove all leading and trailing periods, spaces, dashes and underscores from the fileMask to find episodes already on disk, which will make it more strict and support finding files that do not have episode names (searching for [*S01E01*] instead of [* - S01E01 - *])

-(Added) Support for naming conventions other than the one defined in your script (1x05, S01E05, 105 only)

-(Added) Queue checking will now look for the "nzbId" of the RSS Feed item before it adds the item to the queue, useful for long queues that still have items being downloaded from the various NZB sites. There will be an issue if you add a NZB from one site that has the same NZB ID as one found in the RSS feed from another site. For Example, NZBs.org ID 12345 is added (and still not loaded into SAB), an RSS Feed scanning NZBMatrix.com finds soemthing needed with ID 12345, it will not be added as SABSync can't determine which site the NZBID applies to - this is VERY VERY unlikely to happen (NZBs.org is up in 600K for nzbId's, NZBMatrix is down in the 300K range currently), but it is a possibility, after the NZB is properly loaded into SABnzbd, SABSync would then be able to add the one found in the RSS Feed, if it is still pending to be added.

-(Added) Support for multiple TV Root Directories, these should be added to SABSync.exe.config in the same location, separated by a semi-colon.

Still to come:
Support for TVRage.com - Waiting on confirmation (and a fix) from them about a bug I found in their XML API.
Documentation  :D
Log File Cleanup - Not sure yet how to accomplish this, but given it creates a new file for each run it would be good to delete them after a number of days - Possibly ANOTHER config file option  ;)
Feature Requests?

As soon as I finish up a little more testing I'll get this release out for consumption!

-Markus
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

SABSync 0.9.0 Released - Grab it from http://sabscripts.googlecode.com

Report any bugs please. Features added/fixed are listed above.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

I've sucked down the new version, given it a whirl and I think it looks awesome! :) Since upgrading equals dumping the files into the directory, I'm thinking you may want to change the rss.config and sabsynch.exe.config filenames in the release zip. I caught it before I did it, but it's fairly easy to overwrite your settings and RSS files this way. ;) (man, that would have made me cry)

Nasty Bug
I've been setting it up from scratch for a while now, and figured there were kinks I needed to work out in my setup. A fairly major one was this one, the same files kept showing up in my queue, and at first I figured it was because I hadn't set the right NZB-dir for SABsynch or told SABnzbd+ to ignore repeat NZBs. So I checked the name of the files, because after a while I started recognizing the same two Chuck episodes and that NCIS episode... But I had them! Correctly named, right folder, everything as it should be.

What happens is that when SABsynch is parsing a "PROPER" release, you wrongfully delete the file I have on my hard drive and redownload it.

Here are a few samples from my queues:
Verifying 'Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD'
'Chuck' is being watched.
Episode Name is: Chuck Versus the Mask
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Episode in archive: 'Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD.nzb.gz'
----------------------------------------------------------------
Verifying 'Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV'
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3 for [*.s03e07.*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3 for [*3x07*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3 for [*S03E07*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3 for [*307*]
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Adding report [Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV] to the queue.
Queue Response: [ok]
I had that episode, already. I've actually downloaded it and extracted it at LEAST 5 times so far.

On the previous run, this was the log of another episode being kicked out:
Verifying 'Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM'
Episode Name is: Chuck Versus the Dream Job
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 2 for [*.s02e19.*]
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
Adding report [Chuck S02E19 Chuck Versus the Dream Job PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] to the queue.
Verifying 'Chuck S02E19 HDTV XviD 0TV'
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 2 for [*.s02e19.*]
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S02E19 HDTV XviD 0TV] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S02E19 HDTV XviD 0TV] or [Chuck - 2x19 - Chuck Versus the Dream Job]
The same goes for this House episode, 6x15:
Verifying 'House S06E15 Black Hole PROPER HDTV XviD FQM'
'House' is being watched.
Episode Name is: Black Hole
Checking Queue for: [House S06E15 Black Hole PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [House - 6x15 - Black Hole]
Checking for Imported NZB for [House S06E15 Black Hole PROPER HDTV XviD FQM] or [House - 6x15 - Black Hole]
Episode in archive: 'House S06E15 Black Hole PROPER HDTV XviD FQM.nzb.gz'
Verifying 'House S06E15 READNFO HDTV XviD CRiMSON'
'House' is being watched.
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\House\Season 6 for [*.s06e15.*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\House\Season 6 for [*6x15*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\House\Season 6 for [*S06E15*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\House\Season 6 for [*615*]
Checking Queue for: [House S06E15 READNFO HDTV XviD CRiMSON] or [House - 6x15 - Black Hole]
Checking for Imported NZB for [House S06E15 READNFO HDTV XviD CRiMSON] or [House - 6x15 - Black Hole]
Adding report [House S06E15 READNFO HDTV XviD CRiMSON] to the queue.
Now, is the program attempting to replace my current file with a "proper"? Cause that's a cool intention, even if it does seem a little shaky. I have 13 files that will download - properly - every time I run the script. It's a little like the script WANTS to download something, so it gives itself something to do by deleting my nice and working files only to download them again. ;)
Last edited by LarzJG on April 18th, 2010, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Yes, SABSync is trying to replace your episodes with a PROPER.

SABSync will only delete an episode to replace it with a PROPER if the following conditions are met:

downloadPropers = "true" in the config file
AND
Episode is not already in the Queue
AND
NZB has not already been imported (The current one it is checking, IE the PROPER NZB).

It looks like SAB is storing the previously imported NZB file and SABSync is able to find it for the PROPER, but not for the non-PROPER release, which looks to me like SAB previously tried to add the PROPER and you removed it form the queue (AFTER it deleted the previous file from disk).

I was able to reproduce this hiccup, which happened due to a number of things.

-Original Episode was downloaded from Newzbin or was not a PROPER (since for a PROPER SABSync will only look for an exact match of the NZB file, not a fixed name like from Newzbin)
-When running SABSync it found the PROPER and downloadPropers is set to true, the NZB file for the PROPER was not found, nor was the episode in the queue (so it was deleted).
-You/I noticed that this episode was added and we already have it (We had it until SABSync deleted it) so remove it from the Queue
-Run SABSync again and it determines that this episode is missing, so it tries to add the PROPER (but it's in the NZB imported Dir and SABSync skips it), but the next item (the non-PROPER) is added because it has not been previously added to SABnzbd and the NZB has not been saved.
-System appears to be broken, but on next run it should not download the same episode as it is found on disk, though the non-PROPER has been downloaded in place of a PROPER.

EDIT: Try out 0.9.1 from http://sabscripts.googlecode.com - It will now Log when it is deleting an episode in favour of a PROPER.

EDIT2: Grab 0.9.2, it fixes an issue with PROPERs and multiple TVRoot folders

Can you confirm that the episode(s) is/are on disk right now and run SABSync again?
Are you still seeing SABSync trying to re-add the same episode again?

Filenames in the release are for new users and old users, for old users, just don't overwrite the config file, if new settings are required I'll put them in a post, likely here and on the GoogleCode Page, that is better than telling new users to rename the files.

-Markus
Last edited by markus101 on April 18th, 2010, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

I think it's still there. I wiped the NZB dir, and it downloaded the Proper on next run:
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Deleting Episode on Disk for PROPER: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3\Chuck.s03e07.Chuck Versus the Mask.avi
Adding report [Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD] to the queue.
Checking Queue for: [Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Chuck S03E07 HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Chuck - 3x07 - Chuck Versus the Mask]
That is what it was supposed to do, right? When I let the eps download and ran the script again, this is how it dealt with the same episode:
Episode in archive: 'Chuck S03E07 PROPER HDTV XviD 2HD.nzb.gz'
Episode on disk. 'D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3\Chuck.s03e07.Chuck Versus the Mask.avi'
Episode on disk. 'D:\shares\Videos\TV\Chuck\Season 3\Chuck.s03e07.Chuck Versus the Mask.avi'
I think the proper fix might have caused some new problems:
Verifying 'Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV'
'Lie To Me' is being watched.
Episode Name is: Lack of Candor
Checking Queue for: [Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Lie To Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Lie To Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie To Me\Season 2 for [*.s02e06.*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie To Me\Season 2 for [*2x06*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie To Me\Season 2 for [*S02E06*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie To Me\Season 2 for [*206*]
Checking Queue for: [Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Lie To Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV] or [Lie To Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Adding report [Lie To Me S02E06 PROPER HDTV XviD NoTV] to the queue.
Verifying 'Lie to Me S02E06 HDTV XviD P0W4'
'Lie to Me' is being watched.
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie to Me\Season 2 for [*.s02e06.*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie to Me\Season 2 for [*2x06*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie to Me\Season 2 for [*S02E06*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\Lie to Me\Season 2 for [*206*]
Checking Queue for: [Lie to Me S02E06 HDTV XviD P0W4] or [Lie to Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Checking for Imported NZB for [Lie to Me S02E06 HDTV XviD P0W4] or [Lie to Me - 2x06 - Lack of Candor]
Adding report [Lie to Me S02E06 HDTV XviD P0W4] to the queue.
That's not right, I think. Something to do with it forgetting there is a PROPER that it added already?
Last edited by LarzJG on April 18th, 2010, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Hmmm, it looks like SABSync is unable to check the queue properly and it's adding the second file to the Queue as well. Any chance your Queue is full of NZBs that are still downloading from the NZB Site? Otherwise SABSync should be able to find the NZB in the Queue already for the PROPER, or there is enough of a delay in SABnzbd downloading the NZB that the next item is processing in SABSync and it can't find the episode in the Queue.

I may have to create some extra logging to confirm, but that appears to be the issue, if you can confirm, otherwise I'm going to create some extra logging.

-Markus
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

SABSync Version 0.9.3 released, new config file option "verboseLogging" set to true for additional logging.

Either replace and fill out your settings again or copy the following line to your config file:

Code: Select all

<add key="verboseLogging" value="true" />
-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

I'll add that and see what the results are.

I have, however, just run SABsync for the FIRST time without seeing it add anything new to my queue. That must mean my initial setup is done! :D
sentra99

Post by sentra99 »

Does sabsync work wither other nzb sites besides newzbin? Due to the fact newzbin no longer indexes tv shows. And if so could some one tell me the correct rss setup for nzbmatrix or nzbs.org would love any help thank you
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Yes, it has been tested with nzbmatrix and nzbs.org, tvnzb.com as well, but they seem to be dead.

Add your API Key and username to SABnzbd for NZBMatrix and this line will work for RSS.config

NZBMatrix-XviD|http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?subcat=6&english=1
And NZBs.org

NZBs.Org-XviD|http://nzbs.org/rss.php?catid=1&i=9695&h=PUT_YOUR_API_KEY_HERE&dl=1&num=50
Thanks for teh update Larz, looks like PROPERs were causing the initial issues, it should be smooth sailing now.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Not entirely sure we're out of the woods yet, the PROPERS I find are all marked differently in the log-file at the end. They're marked as "Episode in archive" instead of "Episode on disk".

Is it possible that we're not downloading them again, only because I have the NZB file in my imported dir? I haven't really gotten my head around how you identify whether a file is the PROPER-rls or not, given that you rename them to the same name, PROPER or not.

And how do you use the RSS from NZBS.org, I mean in a "smartest setup" way? Since they don't let you generate custom RSS feeds, you can't set them up per show like you can with NZBmatrix. I guess the only way is to add each show to "My Searches" on the site and then use that feed, but their results are limited and with 30-something shows to watch, that would really mean you could miss some unless you run SABsynch fairly regularly.
Last edited by LarzJG on April 19th, 2010, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.