First of all I'd like to congratulate and thank the whole SABnzbd team for this great software! I discovered it 2 weeks ago and it's exactly what I needed.
Just around the same time I received my HTC Magic phone and started playing around with Android development.
Today (tonight?) I finally released my first free application SABcontrol on the market. Please be kind, it's the first version and I've spent only 1 week on it :)
Here's a list of features:
- Pause / resume queue
- Temporary pause queue
- Pause / resume /rename / delete download
- Add NZB from URL
- Shutdown SABnzbd (>= 0.5.x)
- Manual or automatic refresh (settings)
- Compatibility mode for SABnzbd 0.4.x (limited functionalities)
- localized in 3 languages (settings): english, french and german
I tested it on my HTC Magic (Android 1.6) and also on the virtual devices (2.0 and 2.1). However I can't guarantee you that there will be no problem, as I noticed from my last issue just before releasing the app... ;D
I'd be glad to get some feedback (you can find my email or site in the market details of the app).
Enjoy the app! :)
- Better troubleshooting: the cause of the connection problem is now displayed (see more details on the website) -> "Server not running or unreachable", "API key missing", "API key incorrect" or "Username and/or password incorrect"
- History: Queued/repairing/extracting/... downloads are no longer marked as failed but display the correct status
- Fixed HTTPS connection problems (unverified host)
- Fixed empty profiles when app is freshly installed
- Multiple server profiles (tap on profile name for quick switch profiles, rename and duplicate only in SABcontrolPlus)
- 3x1 widget (tap on profile name for quick switch profiles)
- Ads for having the new features (multiple servers and widget) for free :) => SABcontrol only, no ads in SABcontrolPlus!
- Removed support for SABnzbd+ 0.4.x (compatibility mode)
- Android 1.5 devices no longer supported
- Added menu to open help on website
- Prompt before shutdown server
- Fixed a bug with BinsearchDroid downloads not being started when the setting "Auto-Refresh" is enabled.
- Temporary pause (menu option)
- Always accept certificate (for SSL, new setting)
- lots of bugfixes for reported crashes/freezes
- Fixed a weird bug with a crazy intent from the browser opening SABcontrol over and over again with no NZB
- Direct download of NZB files from external applications (1 per day)
- Change download category
- View download history
Plus version 1.4:
- Direct download of NZB files from external applications (unlimited)
- Set speed limit
- Change NZB order (move to top, up, down, to bottom)
- Delete download history (all or single items)
- added SSL support
- minor fix: queue update problem when the server is not reachable
- list of downloads is cleared correctly if connection is lost (e.g. after shutting down the server)
- fixed an exception when the queue status (paused/resumed) never changed after the first start of SABnzbd+ 0.4.x preventing SABcontrol to retrieve the information correctly, leading to the status "Server not running or unreachable"
- fixed font shrinking problem on HiRes devices (hopefully ;)) by adding large screen support
- fixed OutOfMemoryError when uploading big NZB files from device (> 2 MB)
- fixed problem adding URLs with a space in the path
- generalized error message when adding NZB fails
- file chooser opens in /sdcard instead of /
- now compiled with Android 1.6 SDK but still compatible to Android 1.5 devices
- select a category when adding a NZB
- add NZB from file (including filesystem browser)
- add NZB from Newzbin ID (unfortunately partially tested as I don't have a Newzbin account)