*Update* NZBMobile v1.3 for Android phones

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
brockoli

*Update* NZBMobile v1.3 for Android phones

Post by brockoli »

UPDATE
=====
**V1.3 Update**
-- Added support for sabnzbd user/pass auth for viewing the mobile web queue
**V1.2 Update**
-- Set max returned items for nzbmatrix
-- SabNZBd Web queue interface in a tab on main screen
-- Tabbed results list by provider
-- Browse latest in Category by entering nothing in search field
 NOTE: Only supported by Newzbin api
-- Category search for nzbmatrix

I've written an app for Android phones that lets you search nzbmatrix and newzbin, view detailed reports and queue up nzb's to either your sabnzbd or hellanzb server.  There's a few bugs, but I've tested it for a few days now and it's working well.  You can find it on the Android app market if you search for NZBMobile.  Or you can pick it up through AppBrain at this link.. http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.brockol ... .NZBMobile

Also you can get it direct from rapidshare if you're device doesn't have the Market app.
(v1.3)
NewzbinMobile.apk - 0.36MB

It's free (with ads).  If you have an Android phone, download it and let me know what you think.  Thx.

brockoli
Last edited by brockoli on April 29th, 2010, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemon

Re: NZBMobile (w/nzbmatrix support) for Android phones

Post by lemon »

It doesn't exist in my Android Market (Denmark, Europe, Android 1.5)
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

Yah, I've heard that it hasn't shown up yet in some markets.  I've only tested it on 1.6 and 2.1, but here is a direct link for you.

NewzbinMobile.apk - 0.27MB

brockoli
chqshaitan

Post by chqshaitan »

Hi, I tried this on my phone and when i was expecting results it was displaying the following error :

"the application nzbmobile(process.com.brockoli.android.nzbmobile) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

i am on android 2.1 on a htc desire(not rooted)
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

chqshaitan wrote: Hi, I tried this on my phone and when i was expecting results it was displaying the following error :

"the application nzbmobile(process.com.brockoli.android.nzbmobile) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

i am on android 2.1 on a htc desire(not rooted)
Is it doing this every time you search?  If it's intermittent, I suspect my http connection code may not be handling interrupted service properly.  I'm looking into it.

brockoli
chqshaitan

Post by chqshaitan »

Hi Mate,

yea, its everytime i run a search, be it over the phone network or my wifi. I am on a htc desire which is running android 2.1
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

chqshaitan,

Ok I think i've reproduced your problem.  When I put an invalid nzbmatrix user/pw it is just ignored, but if I put an invalid newzbin pw, it gives the error you're seeing.  I'll have this fixed in my next release, should be coming early next week.  In the meantime, double check that the username/pw you're using for newzbin is correct. 

brockoli
chqshaitan wrote: Hi Mate,

yea, its everytime i run a search, be it over the phone network or my wifi. I am on a htc desire which is running android 2.1
ontrose

Post by ontrose »

Seams it cant be installed on 1.5 :(
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

I just uploaded V1.1 to the Android store..  Following issues resolved.

**V1.1 Update**
-- Android OS V1.5 support
-- Fixed NZB search code for better robustness
-- Fixed bug in results list that only showed details for first dozen or so items, regardless of what item in the list you select
-- Now displays post size instead of age in results list.

** Bigger feature update coming soon...

For those with devices that can't use the Android store... here's a direct share link for V1.1
NewzbinMobile.apk - 0.27MB
brockoli
Last edited by brockoli on April 25th, 2010, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ontrose

Post by ontrose »

nice one! tnx for the 1.5 support =)

Dunno if it's a bug or if it's just the way nzbmatrix is. But for example if i search for daybre it wont show any results from matrix onley from newzbin. But if I search with the same phrase on the site it finds daybreakers like i wanted to find, not a big thing but strange? And ofc if i search for daybreakers in the app it finds the movie also.
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

Hmm.. that is strange.  I did a bit of debugging and found that it's actually a bug in the nzbmatrix api, not my app.  If you run this url through your browser you can test it out..

http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-search.php ... e=&apikey=

Plug in your username and api key and it will come back with nothing found, but if you put daybreakers like you said, in the url instead, it comes back with results.  I fired off a message to Flash from nzbmatrix letting him know.

brockoli
ontrose wrote: nice one! tnx for the 1.5 support =)

Dunno if it's a bug or if it's just the way nzbmatrix is. But for example if i search for daybre it wont show any results from matrix onley from newzbin. But if I search with the same phrase on the site it finds daybreakers like i wanted to find, not a big thing but strange? And ofc if i search for daybreakers in the app it finds the movie also.
ontrose

Re: *Update* NZBMobile v1.3 for Android phones

Post by ontrose »

WoW this is starting to be my favourite android app!

One thing would be nice to be able to search in the main categories like "movies" "apps" etc. sometimes i want to find a movie but hey not a big deal!
brockoli

Post by brockoli »

Happy to hear you are using it.  I use it all the time! And if someone else finds it useful, bonus. 

As for the category searching, it's a limitation of the nzbmatrix api.  It's different code than the search engine on their website.  So the api only allows you to select category, and he hasn't defined categories for generalized searches on "Movies" or "TV", etc.  It's nice to have such a fine granularity for searching, but I know what you mean about wanting to search the broader category sometimes.

One thing I will point out, however, is the category you select is applied to both nzbmatrix and newzbin.  However, newzbin only supports broad categories, like "Movies", "TV", etc.  So if you pick "Movies Divx/Xvid" it will search in "Movies" for newzbin.  So your results from newzbin will be broad, while your results from nzbmatrix will be narrow.

Hope that makes sense.  The guy from nzbmatrix is constantly improving his api, so hopefully soon we'll have broad category searching in.

brockoli
ontrose wrote: WoW this is starting to be my favourite android app!

One thing would be nice to be able to search in the main categories like "movies" "apps" etc. sometimes i want to find a movie but hey not a big deal!
Draktor

Post by Draktor »

@brockoli,

Is this open source? If so where can I locate it as I will submit some patches if necessary!
manks

Post by manks »

Edit: working perfect now. Thanks.
Last edited by manks on May 5th, 2010, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.