[APP] NzbSearcher - 2 Dec 2011 - Version 2.0.5.6

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 24 OCT 2010 - Version 1.2.0.0

Post by Heimiko »

Released v1.2.0.0

Finally added NzbMatrix support.  but its not perfect though.
I'm missing some features that were easy to do with NzbIndex.nl
the API which NzbMatrix supplies is far from extensive,
and leaves a lot to wish for ....

I'll be searching for methods to increase its functionality.
If anyone has a really good NZB search site to recommend,
please do so, 2 search engines is good, more is better!
fanniecat

Post by fanniecat »

Can you add support for nzbs.org? (they aren't accepting new registrations now, but keep trying, they do periodically and it's a very good free site)
and binsearch.info?
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

fanniecat wrote: Can you add support for nzbs.org? (they aren't accepting new registrations now, but keep trying, they do periodically and it's a very good free site)
and binsearch.info?
not very usefull to implement a search site which doesn't allow many new registrations.
Even if I would be able to get through, other NzbSearcher users may not.

binsearch.info is a very practical site, because if allows you to search for anything, even things without NZB files. But unfortunately, doesn't has any kind of API of RSS facilities.
yes, i know, they do have RSS, but only to "browse" groups, not to do searches.
I'll see if its easy enough to do html-scraping, but that'll break too easy if they change something on the website.

any other recommendations?
Heimiko

Re: [APP] NzbSearcher - 24 OCT 2010 - Version 1.2.2.0

Post by Heimiko »

Released v1.2.2.0
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

i'd throw in sites that are based on newznab, i.e. nzb.su. I think more and more newznab based sites will pop up in the future and since they all share the same api this might be one to look at.
fanniecat

Post by fanniecat »

Heimiko,
I like what you've done.  Nzbs.org is the best indexer as far as I know (and it is free unlike some other good indexers that I pay for newzbin and nzbmatrix).  Periodically they allow new registrations.  I think making NZbSearcher function with it will make NzbSearcher (slightly) more appealing to potential users.

It would also be better if the user could do more with the queue.  I really like it that I can use your program to delete a bunch of queued downloads faster than I can with the Sabnzbd web gui (where, afaik, downloads can only be deleted individually).  However, it would be nice if I could also change Categories from within your program.  Where you have your arrows for moving downloads up and down the queue, it would be nice if there were 2 more arrows (move to top, move to bottom) as seen in programs of many kinds.

This last suggestion would likely be a lot more work, but would also attract a lot more people to your app.  I think it's possible to make your program search (the index sites) for and automatically queue episodes released from myepisodes.com's (or similar) rss feed.  I'm thinking if your program did something similar for TV episodes to what CouchPotato does for movies on IMDB, your program would be very handy indeed.
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

JoeSmith wrote: i'd throw in sites that are based on newznab, i.e. nzb.su. I think more and more newznab based sites will pop up in the future and since they all share the same api this might be one to look at.
very good tip indeed, very nice API information there, so it's simple to add this.
think I'll do this to have a bit more complete and different possibilities.
I'll have to start thinking of configuring which search engines you want to have active, to not have too many tabs.
I'd imagine not everyone needing all those at the same time.
I like to have a few different ones though, sometimes one of them is offline, so it's nice to be able to switch.
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

fanniecat wrote: Nzbs.org is the best indexer as far as I know (and it is free unlike some other good indexers that I pay for newzbin and nzbmatrix).  Periodically they allow new registrations.  I think making NZbSearcher function with it will make NzbSearcher (slightly) more appealing to potential users.
I'll check when I can, if they allow new members, I'll have a look if they have a good API or RSS, if so, I'll add it.
send me a pm if you like, when you notice they're open for new members.
fanniecat wrote: It would also be better if the user could do more with the queue.  I really like it that I can use your program to delete a bunch of queued downloads faster than I can with the Sabnzbd web gui (where, afaik, downloads can only be deleted individually).  However, it would be nice if I could also change Categories from within your program.  Where you have your arrows for moving downloads up and down the queue, it would be nice if there were 2 more arrows (move to top, move to bottom) as seen in programs of many kinds.
I agree on all accounts. I still want to implement way more control stuff there.
you can expect this to make it in the program not too distant in the future.
fanniecat wrote: This last suggestion would likely be a lot more work, but would also attract a lot more people to your app.  I think it's possible to make your program search (the index sites) for and automatically queue episodes released from myepisodes.com's (or similar) rss feed.  I'm thinking if your program did something similar for TV episodes to what CouchPotato does for movies on IMDB, your program would be very handy indeed.
I'm not so sure I'll be doing this, as the automatic downloader as it is, is pretty functional already, just needs a bit more refinement.
extra checking on sites if the downloads are indeed available, doesn't add too much to its functionality.
i'll have a look at that site though, see if it may be usefull in some ways i didn't think of yet.

thanks for the tips fanniecat.
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

JoeSmith wrote: i'd throw in sites that are based on newznab, i.e. nzb.su. I think more and more newznab based sites will pop up in the future and since they all share the same api this might be one to look at.
support for NZB.su is completed.
haven't had much time the last few days.
but I'll get there, eventually  ;D
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

I'm getting NzbSearcher ready for Release v2.0.0.0

a LOT of changes underneath the hood, hence the v2 indication.
a lot of things should be more robust, easier maintenance in the future.
This is why it's taking me this long to get a new release out.
Be patient, I'll get there.  8)
phrogz

Post by phrogz »

Hello, I just trying your addons on windows 7 x64.
Everything work even SABnzbd part, I can download and search with all the nzb search functions.
But I still have "Error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd server" (see picture below).

Firewall is off
Version: Sabnzb+ 0.5.4 (hosted on a linux server)
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

phrogz wrote: Hello, I just trying your addons on windows 7 x64.
Everything work even SABnzbd part, I can download and search with all the nzb search functions.
But I still have "Error: Unable to connect to SABnzbd server" (see picture below).
make sure your SABnzbd is configures correctly, in the config, URL (with port) and API key.
also, currently NzbSearcher doesn't has support for username/password, if you have that set in your SABnzbd config.
phrogz

Post by phrogz »

Oh my god, you are fast  :)

So URL is good and API Key also.
see the conf file:

Code: Select all

- <ConfigItems>
- <item name="SABnzbd" type="NzbSearcher.SABnzbdConfig">
- <SABnzbdConfig>
  <APIkey>MyKeyHisHereButNotForYou</APIkey> 
  <HostURL>http://192.168.0.200:9200/</HostURL> 
  <ActivePollInterval>1</ActivePollInterval> 
  <InactivePollInterval>60</InactivePollInterval> 
  </SABnzbdConfig>
If I type http://192.168.0.200:9200/ in IE I have the web interface.
And I have downloaded some files with NZBIndex.nl so I think the software use the ip adress and the api Key

By the way, your software is amazing !

[EDIT] There is no password
Heimiko

Post by Heimiko »

Hi, I'm not quite getting you prroblem.
You said you've downloaded using the program, but it isn't working?   ???
the downloading is being done by SABnzbd, not by my program itself.
so if that is working, there is no problem.

if you go to SABnzbd's tab, do you see anything over there, or are the lists completely empty?

Edit:  Strike that, I just re-read your 1st post. I didn't read it correct the 1st time (don't ask me why though), sorry for that.  
I don't know why that's happening.   does it also happen when you completely close down NzbSearcher, and start it again?
Last edited by Heimiko on October 31st, 2010, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

Hi Heimiko,
i just wanted to add a small request.
When i use the autodownloader it would be nice if it would show the result of the search with its name (it says last nzb found bla bla x.x days) and if that name would be used in the sabnzb queue, because when searching for foreign stuff you sometimes get the wrong results (that you don't notice when it just says seriesname S0xE0x) - so it would be better if it would show the result from the search engine and use that name.
I don't know how good the nzbindex servers are, but maybe it would be useful for the autodownloader to add a timestamp and only search for episodes in a changable interval, i.e. every day or in most cases once a week ?

Great program !!!