newznab - open source usenet indexer

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
88keyz

Re: newznab - open source usenet indexer and all round nzbs.

Post by 88keyz »

With the free version you have to write your own regexs, if you donate you get access to the community developed regexs. Much easier to donate.
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi, Anyone know how to make a custom login page simular to nzb.su, I have the login page all done however when it loads it still using the default header that footer
ghostcorps

Post by ghostcorps »

Is anyone else getting this error when they run:

Code: Select all

#php update_releases.php?
  • PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 72
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 186
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 206
WIZO

Post by WIZO »

ghostcorps wrote:Is anyone else getting this error when they run:

• PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 72
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 186
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method PEAR::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/newznab/www/lib/binaries.php on line 206
Set error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_STRICT in php.ini.
jasonh_000

Post by jasonh_000 »

88keyz wrote:With the free version you have to write your own regexs, if you donate you get access to the community developed regexs. Much easier to donate.
it appears to come with a few regexs.

i apply it to the one group i am experimenting with and still see no listings on my web.
i'm not going to throw my money into something until i find out what the issue is.

also does anybody know if sphinx is required?
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

jasonh_000 wrote:
88keyz wrote:With the free version you have to write your own regexs, if you donate you get access to the community developed regexs. Much easier to donate.
it appears to come with a few regexs.

i apply it to the one group i am experimenting with and still see no listings on my web.
i'm not going to throw my money into something until i find out what the issue is.

also does anybody know if sphinx is required?

Sphinx isn't required. I don't have that part set up yet and it's working fine.
ghostcorps

Post by ghostcorps »

*how can I delete double posts?
Last edited by ghostcorps on December 15th, 2012, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostcorps

Post by ghostcorps »

WIZO wrote:

This worked to suppress the errors, however it somehow manages to break the zimezone function?!

After setting this error_reporting value as you suggested I get this error all over the page:

Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

The error also shows up in the info.php which previously showed the timezone correctly as 'City/Country' now shows the timezone as the default 'UTC'
WIZO

Post by WIZO »

ghostcorps wrote:
WIZO wrote:

This worked to suppress the errors, however it somehow manages to break the zimezone function?!

After setting this error_reporting value as you suggested I get this error all over the page:

Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

The error also shows up in the info.php which previously showed the timezone correctly as 'City/Country' now shows the timezone as the default 'UTC'
It should not have changed the value of the timezone but anyway:

Look for this section in the php.ini:

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin
Change it to the timezone that applies to you.
And be sure to check if you spelled it correctly.
ghostcorps

Post by ghostcorps »

WIZO wrote:

[Date]

Thanks for sticking with me. It really makes no sense, there is no reason for the timezone to be affected and yet...

This is what I have set in my php.ini before I even looked at newznab:

[Date]
date.timezone = Melbourne/Australia
I have not changed it since.

This is what info.php displays after uncommenting "Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT"
Date
Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/info.php on line 4
date/time support: enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version: 2012.8
Timezone Database: internal
Default timezone: UTC
And this is without setting an error_reporting level:
Date
Default timezone: Australia/Melbourne
WIZO

Post by WIZO »

ghostcorps wrote:
WIZO wrote:

[Date]

Thanks for sticking with me. It really makes no sense, there is no reason for the timezone to be affected and yet...

This is what I have set in my php.ini before I even looked at newznab:

[Date]
date.timezone = Melbourne/Australia
I have not changed it since.

This is what info.php displays after uncommenting "Development Value: E_ALL | E_STRICT"
Date
Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/info.php on line 4
Default timezone: UTC
And this is without setting an error_reporting level:
Date
Default timezone: Australia/Melbourne
If I'm correct you have switched the Country/City in the php.ini. It should be Australia/Melbourne but you have set it to Melbourne/Australia switch that and see if it fixes things if not then I don't know any further
ghostcorps

Post by ghostcorps »

WIZO wrote:
If I'm correct you have switched the Country/City in the php.ini. It should be Australia/Melbourne but you have set it to Melbourne/Australia switch that and see if it fixes things if not then I don't know any further
hahah oops, yeh that was just a mistake in my post. I checked to be sure, it is definitely set as Australia/Melbourne.

Sorry for the confusion.

You certainly cleared one issue up for me. I'll have a chat to the FreeBSD guys and see if they have any idea on the second.

Thanks again :)
confusedxx

Post by confusedxx »

I am going to set this up on my home laptop

Windows7
16 GB Ram
i7 cpu at 2.20 Ghz

My question is how much HDD space do I need for the mysql database to index the usenet sites for movies, TV and music?

I would do a backfill and have 1200 day retention?

The hd in the laptop has space for 250 gb, but I would be hard pressed to get more. Is it possible to have the mysql use the NAS as the hdd for storage? Anyone have advice on how to do that?
peje1873

Post by peje1873 »

tssgery wrote:
djetch wrote:I'm running newznab & SABnzbd on the same Ubuntu box and I'm having some trouble getting the two talking. About the only thing that does work is the RSS feeds, oh, and the downloading an NZB into the watched folder.

The 'send to SABnzbd' does not work at all. Newznab is indicating it has sent it, yet nothing queues in SABnzbd. I have tried to find some sort of log file that might tell me what is happening or not happening, but I'm coming up empty.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the two to talk? Also I should probably mention that I don't think SickBeard is having much luck using my newznab server (again both are on the same machine).
For anyone else that my be experiencing this, I have found that the SABnzbd as defined in newznab needs to end in a forward slash. As an example, "http://myhost:8080" does not work but "http://myhost:8080/" does work.
This was just what I needed to make mine work, thanks for your help!

Another thing which I haven't noticed (possibly because its not an option), but is there a way to send it to SAB under a certain category? This used to work with NZBMatrix using a firefox plugin. Currently I have to manually change the category in SAB after I've sent the NZB

Pete
peje1873

Post by peje1873 »

Just figured this out, you set the category in SAB as something that matches NewzNab eg. 'Movies > HD'.

Automation rocks!

Pete