I've been experiencing a few issues with HP, I'm hoping we can resolve some of them or otherwise I'll be able to help make it better by providing logs or something. I really like this program
Before we get into the issues, I'd like to stress that my music library is extremely tidy. I'm quite a music lover and I've put considerable effort into organising the files, tags and album covers. I dare say my library is >99% complete and correctly named, both folders and filenames as well as tags. The library is 187 artists, 632 albums and 7499 files. Minor issues exist, for instance Jennifer Warnes' album 'Famous Blue Raincoat' is now referred to as 'Famous Blue Raincoat: The Songs of Leonard Cohen'. The album was re-released with a new cover and a few new songs whereas I have the original album/cover. Just an example out of quite a few. Some are not not obvious though, literally named what HP shows but not deteced/imported.
1. Artists do not get all their albums imported. Jennifer Warnes only has 2 albums while she has 8 or 9. I can manually add an album, search for it and it will find it. Then when it is added, it does find my files.
2. Many albums are added to artists that I have but my albums are not recognized
3. Several artists are shown to have too many songs. B.B. King is shown having 900 songs, I supposedly have 901 of them. When I select BB, it shows a proper amount of albums but it shows I have no songs.
4. Often the number of owned/total songs is incorrect
5. When a folder gets renamed, a refresh of that artist doesn't pick up the new folder
6. Artists/albums are imported that I have never heard of and are not in my library.
7. I've configued a usenet retention of 800 days but HP does not seem to honor that setting. It regularly picks downloads over 900 days old.
Last but not least, an import is tediously slow. I'm on a very fast computer, 2 independent raid sets, virus scanner disabled but the import of my library takes an entire night (I think it took over 8 hours). I had it running overnight. When I checked the next day the interface was sluggish as hell. After I shutdown and restarted python/headphones the interface was speedy again but imports aren't.
If you need any logs or other info I'd be happy to provide them.