[Windows] NzbDrone - Automatic TV Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Windows] NzbDrone - Automatic TV Downloader

Post by markus101 »

kiljaden wrote: Let me explain what I mean: when XBMC adds new shows/episodes first it looks in the same folder for Thumbnails and Season and Nfo files http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails , and only when they are missing it will look for them with the help of Scrapers http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Se ... o_Library) . Sickbeard can automatically create all the required files (thumbnails,nfo files, posters, fanart, season/episode info etc) so when XBMC will add shows it's fast.
In fact XBMC built in Scrapers are very slow and unreliable (especially when scraping many things in a row), so personally I left all the scraping done by Sickbeard.

As far as notifications , they are useful, but personally i don't use them just because i don't keep XBMC running all the time, while my downloading machine is almost always on.

Thanks in advance :)
Thanks Kiljaden, can you put the request in on: http://forums.nzbdrone.com.

Thanks!
Last edited by markus101 on January 16th, 2012, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

Hi guys,

We have some good and bad news, bad news is we are moving away from our feedback site but good news is we are going to forums.nzbdrone.com which should fit a lot better with our needs.

originally me and markus though that the QA style site would work better because of the voting and marking things as answers, but it seems like most of our topics are more of a conversation rather than QA.

Anyways, we decided to move away from feedback as fast as we could to make the transition as painless as possible. if you have a question open in feedback.nzbdrone.com please spend a few minutes and copy paste it in forums.nzbdrone.com since we will be taking the old QA site offline in about a week.

again, sorry about the inconvenience, but we figured this would be more helpful to us and our users in the long run.
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

Just an update, we just released NzbDrone 0.8.0.74. includes many improvements and bug fixes.

you can see the full list of changes and download here (or wait for nzbdrone to automatically update itself.)

http://www.nzbdrone.com/Download
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

Installed it, using it, love it. It's by far faster than Sickbeard and much "cleaner" when using the ui. Did I mention it's fast as hell? My biggest complaint is I can't "silence" the dos window when launching the browser part of the app, I'd like to be able to have that not visible. Please continue work on this, it's a solid and great alternative to SB.
ferbulous

Post by ferbulous »

First of all, thanks for creating this awesome app.
It works wonderful but I've got a problem with duplicate file showing up on the download queue.
Is there anyway I can fix this? This only happens when I use the option to search for missing eps for a season.

Also, can I disable renaming of files if possible?
Because I prefer the original filename for the tv show release.
luikiedook

Post by luikiedook »

I'm new to the scene. I heard a lot about couch potato, As a noob I found couch potato setup a bit un-intuitive. then I stumbled upon this. and I am really impressed, very functional and a great interface. Thanks!
Paschar

Post by Paschar »

Great app. Huge improvement in managing all my shows. Many thanks.

How about adding FILESHARINGTALK.com to the indexers if possible, they seem to be one of the faster sites for posting shows
RSS TV SD: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/xvid/

For UPCOMING to work, I notice you have to have the latest season selected, thought just monitored should do that, not a big deal, just curious about it.

A higher priority for new shows would be useful, now that I can download all my backlogs, new shows are many hours downstream
Last edited by Paschar on March 25th, 2012, 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Faintuk

Post by Faintuk »

Recently started using this for shows I'm having trouble with in sick beard eg American dad and it's great, very fast and clean. Look forward to further updates
hydrokugal

Post by hydrokugal »

May i suggest something?

you can make yourself immortal if u implent that NZBDrone support different languages for download. Sickbeard is no fun if you want to download German or French stuff.

Just my 2 Cents. Maybe its not that hard to implent. I would donate instantly if this would work.
brownstein

Post by brownstein »

The nzbdrone.com site seems to be down. Does anyone have a mirror or can host a copy of this app for me? Really wanna try it out!

thanks!
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

brownstein wrote:The nzbdrone.com site seems to be down. Does anyone have a mirror or can host a copy of this app for me? Really wanna try it out!

thanks!

We don't know whats going on, We have contacted the host but they seem have disappeared or gone out of business with no warning. most likely we will have to find an alternate host and start from scratch. (source code is safe in github and our local repo, but we may have lost the forum.) really shitty situation.
brownstein

Post by brownstein »

Wow, that sucks. I hope it works out. Is it easy to compile on my own? I wouldn't know where to start. Unless someone would be able to email me a zipped, compiled installer?

I would be happy to donate to the cause for such a gesture.
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

koonfused wrote:
brownstein wrote:The nzbdrone.com site seems to be down. Does anyone have a mirror or can host a copy of this app for me? Really wanna try it out!

thanks!

We don't know whats going on, We have contacted the host but they seem have disappeared or gone out of business with no warning. most likely we will have to find an alternate host and start from scratch. (source code is safe in github and our local repo, but we may have lost the forum.) really shitty situation.

I'm trying to get things to semi-working order. in the mean time any sort of donation would be appreciated since we have to find and pay for new hosting.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... F78JRUT6TJ

I'll also see if I can post a copy of the latest installer somewhere.

I'll be posting more updates on twitter as they become available. https://twitter.com/#!/NzbDrone
brownstein

Post by brownstein »

Will patiently wait for the installer!
zoggy
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by zoggy »

launch a rip off of sickbeard.. get people interested.. server magically goes down.. and your asking for donations. so far it seems quite shady. dunno about this.. anyone actually use nzbdrone yet?