LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
codeslave

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by codeslave »

Looks like goodreads pushed an api change out. from the forums it looks like the data changed and devs are having all kinds of issues
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

codeslave wrote:Looks like goodreads pushed an api change out. from the forums it looks like the data changed and devs are having all kinds of issues
Thanks for the info.

Do you know of any programs that are similar to LL? Something that grabs books & automagically downloads them?
grrwilson

Post by grrwilson »

Ezrem wrote:Hi, I just installed this on my Synology ds1010+ NAS. Actually hacked up SuperZebulon's Headphones .spk for these NASes so that it would install LazyLibrarian instead. I thought that would be the hard part! Now that it's running, I do have a few issues/suggestions.

1) I can get it to download books, but it doesn't seem to do any post processing. If I manually process under the Books tab, it moves books to my end location. Unfortunately the lazylibrarian user seems to be the only account with access to some of the files, especially the metadata. Am I missing something like a permissions setting?

2) If I search for a book by title, the only option is to add by author. I then still have to drill through that author, select the book I want and set it to Wanted status. Shouldn't there be an add by title option? Another part of this issue is that if I do a title search, for at least one book, once I've added the author, the book I'm looking for doesn't show up in the list, where it did when I did a title search. The book, for the record, is Shadows in Flight, by Orson Scott Card. I only see some kind of Enhanced edition, not the regular book.

3) It would be nice to be able to add a search for any book with a partial name match. For example, a book series that has the same starting title, and just has a different sub-title, if that makes sense.

4) I don't see any audiobook support. Is that something that is planned?

5) Last one, I promise! Any chance you could add script running after post processing? I'd love to call a Calibre library update after a book is added.

Thanks for your hard work!
I also have a DS1010+ and I'm running CP, Sick Beard and Headphones on it - how do I create the spk which can be uploaded?

This is an excellent extension of the franchise - magazines etc automagically downloaded for iPads etc - just genius!

Please push on with the good work and can someone make inaccessible for .spk Synology implementation?
Ezrem

Post by Ezrem »

grrwilson wrote:
I also have a DS1010+ and I'm running CP, Sick Beard and Headphones on it - how do I create the spk which can be uploaded?

This is an excellent extension of the franchise - magazines etc automagically downloaded for iPads etc - just genius!

Please push on with the good work and can someone make inaccessible for .spk Synology implementation?
"All" I did was take apart one of the SuperZebulon packages (the Headphones installer specifically) and modify it so that it installs LL instead.

The SPK won't do you much good right now, since LL author searching is completely broken.
Nefarious
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Nefarious »

Installed, but when attempting to add an author, I get the list, select to add, and it never adds the book titles to the author profile. I also keep getting a /none error.

Curious is this will support magazines as well as books?
eroz

Post by eroz »

Having the same issue, where I go to enter an author, it gives me a list of authors and books. I select the first correct book/author combination and click on go. it then takes me to a screen

Code: Select all

author's name
None (Fetching information for this author...)

Totalbooks: None
Here is a sample from the log,
06-May-2012 13:06:36 - INFO :: MAIN : LazyLibrarian is restarting ...
06-May-2012 13:06:36 - INFO :: MAIN : Restarting LazyLibrarian with ['/usr/bin/python', '/mnt/cache/.custom/LazyLibrarian/LazyLibrarian.py', '-d', '--nolaunch']
06-May-2012 13:06:37 - INFO :: MAIN : Checking database
06-May-2012 13:06:37 - INFO :: MAIN : Starting LazyLibrarian on port: 5299
06-May-2012 13:32:03 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-8 : Searching url: https://www.googleapis.com/books/v1/vol ... 22twain%22
06-May-2012 13:32:08 - DEBUG :: CP Server Thread-8 : Skipped a result without authorfield.
06-May-2012 13:32:09 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-8 : Found 170 results for author with name: twain
06-May-2012 13:32:19 - INFO :: DBIMPORT : Searching for author with name: Mark Twain
I even tried pecord's update but still have the same issue. I'm running it on my unRAID server.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

Sadly, this project seems to be dead, so I have deleted it from my server install. :((

If anyone knows of a replacement project, I would be very interested in hearing about it. :)
Nefarious
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Nefarious »

tymanthius wrote:Sadly, this project seems to be dead, so I have deleted it from my server install. :((

If anyone knows of a replacement project, I would be very interested in hearing about it. :)
I too have the same impression. Never got it fully working. I'll remove it and see if it ever comes back to life.
j0rdan

Post by j0rdan »

I sure hope this isnt dead, fingers crossed.

If it isnt, heres an issue Im currently experiencing with it.
Ive added an author, 'Sara Shepard' and LL refreshes and comes up with 9 of her books, unfortunatly this is not complete, normally I would just put this down to the source of information isnt complete, but strange thing is, if i do a search for one of the missing books, it finds it with her as the author, i try the add artist on that item (incase it considered it a different person with same name) i get redirected to the authors LL page saying refreshing info, but still the book that was just shown on the results page doesnt appear.

If anyone want to check it out, the author is 'Sara Shepard' and the book i get this with is 'Two Truths and A Lie'
CCOSTAN

Post by CCOSTAN »

Anyone have a link to a repository to download this? I'd like to give it a try since there seems to be nothing else out there like it. GitHub gives a 404 when trying to find it.

Thanks.
CARLO.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I may have it on my server. Email me at this name at gmail.
akuiraz

Post by akuiraz »

github user itsmegb has taken over the project, the new url is https://github.com/itsmegb/LazyLibrarian
Ezrem

Post by Ezrem »

akuiraz wrote:github user itsmegb has taken over the project, the new url is https://github.com/itsmegb/LazyLibrarian
Does it work??
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

Ezrem wrote:
akuiraz wrote:github user itsmegb has taken over the project, the new url is https://github.com/itsmegb/LazyLibrarian
Does it work??
Just installed it under Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) and it seems to work fine. It only supports NewsNab and NZBMatrix at the moment, but if/when it supports more index sites and/or torrents it'll be great!

EDIT: PDF magazine support would be awesome too ;)
jgourd

Post by jgourd »

I don't suppose audiobooks are part of LazyLibrarian?