[BASH] Pre-Processing script with various features

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
HashWorks

[BASH] Pre-Processing script with various features

Post by HashWorks »

A pre-processing script for SABnzbd in BASH!

I always loved the "click and forget" possibility of Sickbeard and Couchpotato.
But sometimes I need to add an nzb file myself – no category is set, only the default post-script is used and mostly the folder name just looks like crap. And even when Couchpotato or Sickbeard added something there was a chance it was not what I wanted it to be.
I needed a pre-processing script.
There where various SABnzbd post-processing scripts out there (the fact that I need to post this in the "post-processing"-folder proves this), but not many pre-processing scripts with various features – so I wrote my own in BASH.

FEATURES
  • Set SabNZBd category automatically by tv-show-regex, IMDB-ID or games group
    Set post-processing script and priority according to category
    Refuse download according to size and category (what kind of movie is under 400mb?)
    Automatically set high priority on low size
    Extract password and add to a password file to be used in SABnzbd
    Get the release name out of the nzb name and use as final folder name
    Clean out many UseNet exceptions
    Disable script for own exceptions
    Many configurable variables
    Exact log file
For example, an NZB name like 'Dexter S07E06 FRENCH 720p HDTV x264-JMT [ Testmessage, not part of releasename ] Upped by http://hashworks.net / securepassword.nzb', without any SABnzbd options set would result in:
Foldername: Dexter.S07E06.FRENCH.720p.HDTV.x264-JMT / securepassword
Category: series
Post-Processing script: sabToSickBeard.py
Priority: 1
Of course the result depends on the configuration.

Get the script on GitHub:
https://github.com/HashWorks/sabPreProcessing
unfledge

Re: [BASH] Pre-Processing script overcome usenet cryptospam

Post by unfledge »

Is there a potential to fetch another similar named- or same episode of different post when encrypted TV content is detected? And to not-fetch the same episode of a different post once that episode is successfully unpacked?

I do not want to participate in solving for the password especially when it profits the spammer(s).

As is now I have disabled duplicate checking to download every HD episode to endure one is playable. I use sabnzbd merely with RSS to ZFS so space issues are years away at this rate.

I am surprised the cryptospammers have not yet encountered the scales of justice.