Possible to fail job in script?

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
andymac

Possible to fail job in script?

Post by andymac »

Hey all,

Some of you may have noticed that there's a joker or two on usenet posting files with "setup.exe" config files (with "new codecs") to distribute malware, but it passes most filters because they're faking avi, mk4, mkv, etc files along with them.

So I'm looking into ways to fail these files. They've found a loophole in newznab / nZed so the indexers don't find them (yet) and can't see that there's an .exe in the rar files. What I'm hoping to do as a stopgap is use SAB to fail any download that extracts an .exe file (to make this a better "feature" in SAB, it could fail only on certain categories). For the short term, though, I'd love to just fail everything that has an .exe show up.

It seems like there might be a way to do the first part of this (detect an .exe) in the postprocessing, but I don't know if that'll actually "fail" the download so couchpotato then goes and looks for a different release.

Looking for some help / ideas!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Possible to fail job in script?

Post by sander »

andymac

Post by andymac »

Sorry, I didn't get a notification that you commented. But yes! That looks perfect! I'll go check it out.
ojilles

Post by ojilles »

Has anyone tried using ffmpeg/ffprobe to fail on video's with bogus content? (As they seem to happen more and more often these days)