nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
binhex

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

aldinach wrote: Hi again.  A few more questions for when you have time please.

1) Is it possible to enhance the output of the log file generated so that next to each name it says whether it was/was not downloaded and if not, what failed?
or
2) Is it possible to just have the entire contents of each run of the script echo to a log file in addition to the log generated now.  I usually watch it when it runs, but I would like to be able to look back through the entire log of the script's actions to see exactly what is happening. 

If this is a pain for you to look into, can you just point me to the part of the script where the logging is mentioned and I'll monkey around with it a bit on my own?

Finally, for the part of your script that compares file names against the IMDB movie name, is it possible to add a filter to that regex comparison so that it ignores things like bluray, blu-ray, dvd, etc. in a movie title name?  The movie software I use (XBMC) requires bluray, dvd, etc. in the movie title name in order to trigger a few things in the XBMC GUI correctly, so my names will never match exactly to IMDB given that each ends with either blu-ray, bluray, or dvd.

Thanks again.
hi yep its possible to implement option 2 to log everything to a file, i will take a lookat this and see if i can incorporate this into my next release. your other question regards movie title, my script only cares about the folder name NOT the movie filename so you can keep the filename in whatever format you wish, as long as the folder name matches the imdb name for the movie then it should just work.
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote: Binhex

The script is downloading great but I'm having to clean up folders within folders. I know this has nothing to do with your script, Its the way the File was uploaded but maybe someone can help with a cleanup script. problem examples below

Movie Name/cover/*.jpg
Movie Name/CD1/*cd1.avi
Movie Name/CD2/*cd2.avi

or

Movie Name/Movie/*.avi

I have to manually move the avi around and delete folders a script would be great

Any info would be great

J03
i have created a script to do just what you want, however its highly customised to do exactly what i want as regards files to delete, foders to create, and movie files to move so i dont think it would be of much use to you. the only thing i can suggest is perhaps a quick dive into python programming and see if you can get a script going :-)
binhex

Post by binhex »

Jim wrote: this looks promising.

just a few quick questions.

can this script be used as a watchlist for movies?
like, just add imdb number and the script will download it automatically?

can you set the default quality for each movie?
sd, screener, promo, R5, hd720, hd1080 etc

can you add the movies to a sabnzbd category?

oh, it would be great if you could turn off the good / bad definitions just like you can turn off preferred definitions.

yes you could use the script to watch for future movie releases by putting the title you wanted  in the "goodtitle" list.

yes you can define the quality of the movie you want by changing the nzbmatrix_search or nzbs_search text to match what you want or dont want.

no you cant move them to a category as my script does not talk directly to sabnzbd, instead it just places the nzb files into the correct folder thus it wouldnt be possible to tell it what category the nzb is for.

to be honest if you want to turn off the good/bad definitions then the script becomes very limited as to its use, if all you want to do is download movies with certain titles when the hit the internet then my advise is dont use this script and instead just use sabnzbd's built in rss support, by the sound of it it will do everything you want it to do including category assignmnent, quality filtering etc.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote:
i have created a script to do just what you want, however its highly customised to do exactly what i want as regards files to delete, foders to create, and movie files to move so i dont think it would be of much use to you. the only thing i can suggest is perhaps a quick dive into python programming and see if you can get a script going :-)

Binhex

Thanks for the great script, Looks like I'm going for a Swim. If I discover any treasures ill be sure to share.

J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote:
binhex wrote:

Binhex

Thanks for the great script, Looks like I'm going for a Swim. If I discover any treasures ill be sure to share.

J03
good luck, and dont forget your inflatable arm bands :-). as a starter take a look at the python os module this will be the main module you will use to do any file/folder manipulation

http://docs.python.org/library/os.html
annaj

Re: nzbmatrix automated movie downloader

Post by annaj »

mike171562 wrote: I am able to get this to work in linux after tweaking a few things. I commented out all the logging functions as I can just pipe the print lines to a file if i need them. I also had to add a time.sleep(75) in the 'for node' loop as nzbmatrix only allows a few queries per minute and too many will get you a "error:please_wait_60" response.

Also had to change the 'ping' command to

pingtest = "ping -c 1 www.google.com"

without the -c switch in linux it will just ping forever.

thanks for the script, I can tell you put alot of work into this.
Hi Mike,
It look like you have succeeded in getting this to run on linux. Any chance you could give a more detailed rundown of how you did it? I know nothing about coding...I'm just a 'google and follow instructions' kinda gal....

I have downloaded the .zip from the first post on the thread (version 1.1.0), I know how to change the paths in the config file, I can also comment out the logging functions, and I shouldn't have a problem installing mechanize.  My issue is making the changes from your post (time.sleep & ping), and actually running it since I obviously can't run the .exe. I'm assuming i need to run one of the .pyd files, but I really have no idea.

I'd love to get this running on my media server, and your help would be much appreciated!!
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok new version guys, check my first post in this thread for link to download, if any issues please report them to me. im afraid there are some minor alterations to the config.ini so if you are upgrading you will need to re-create it (as well as copying all files/folder from the zip), most of the settings are the same so can be copy/pasted directly from the old config.ini, hopefully fingers crossed this will be the last time there will be any change to the config.ini (apart from new features), sorry for the hassle guys!.

enjoy!.

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on July 1st, 2010, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
grinched

Post by grinched »

binhex wrote: ok new version guys, check my first post in this thread for link to download, if any issues please report them to me. im afraid there are some minor alterations to the config.ini so if you are upgrading you will need to re-create it (as well as copying all files/folder from the zip), most of the settings are the same so can be copy/pasted directly from the old config.ini, hopefully fingers crossed this will be the last time there will be any change to the config.ini (apart from new features), sorry for the hassle guys!.

enjoy!.

binhex.
Excellent work!

Any chance the source makes a re-appearance?  Both of the previous links posted went bye bye when new versions got released.
Playing with this for a little while has inspired me to do something with console games. "Real" documentation is nice, but nothing beats browsing over some real functioning code.

Thanks, and again, great work!

Rob 
akuiraz

Post by akuiraz »

grinched wrote:
binhex wrote: ok new version guys, check my first post in this thread for link to download, if any issues please report them to me. im afraid there are some minor alterations to the config.ini so if you are upgrading you will need to re-create it (as well as copying all files/folder from the zip), most of the settings are the same so can be copy/pasted directly from the old config.ini, hopefully fingers crossed this will be the last time there will be any change to the config.ini (apart from new features), sorry for the hassle guys!.

enjoy!.

binhex.
Excellent work!

Any chance the source makes a re-appearance?  Both of the previous links posted went bye bye when new versions got released.
Playing with this for a little while has inspired me to do something with console games. "Real" documentation is nice, but nothing beats browsing over some real functioning code.

Thanks, and again, great work!

Rob 
I too would like to get the new sources for this... need it for a linux box.  thanks!
Bilbo430

Post by Bilbo430 »

Hi, love the program and was working great until yesterday when I started getting the following error message. It seems to be choking on the entry after Date Night. Because it's the executable and don't have the source I can't tell what the issue is. Would it be possible to make the source available as well or look into the problem with the executable?

Thanks,

D:\Downloads\Auto Movie Downloader>"auto movie downloader
---------------------------
Release Movie Title: The.Police.Certifiable.2008.720p.MBluRay.PROPER.x264-SEMTEX

Debug: (System) Duplicate/Existing Movie in Cache
Release Movie Title: Edge.of.Darkness.2010.REPACK.720p.Bluray.x264-HUBRIS

Release Movie Title: Saat.Po.Long.2005.720p.BluRay.x264-EbP

Release Movie Title: Sisterhood.2008.LiMiTED.720p.BluRay.x264-PELLUCiD

Release Movie Title: Date.Night.2010.720p.BluRay.x264-METiS

Error: NZBs RSS Error
binhex

Post by binhex »

Bilbo430 wrote: Hi, love the program and was working great until yesterday when I started getting the following error message. It seems to be choking on the entry after Date Night. Because it's the executable and don't have the source I can't tell what the issue is. Would it be possible to make the source available as well or look into the problem with the executable?

Thanks,

D:\Downloads\Auto Movie Downloader>"auto movie downloader
Release Movie Title: The.Police.Certifiable.2008.720p.MBluRay.PROPER.x264-SEMTEX

Release Movie Title: Edge.of.Darkness.2010.REPACK.720p.Bluray.x264-HUBRIS

Release Movie Title: Saat.Po.Long.2005.720p.BluRay.x264-EbP

Release Movie Title: Sisterhood.2008.LiMiTED.720p.BluRay.x264-PELLUCiD

Release Movie Title: Date.Night.2010.720p.BluRay.x264-METiS

Error: NZBs RSS Error
hi bilbo, fixed the error, it was caused by the size being defined in MB not GB and thus my regex wasnt matching and erroring out, ive now created regex matches for both GB and MB so shouldnt happen again, grab the fixed version 1.1.2 from the first post :-).

ok guys i get it you want your hands on my lovely code :-), i will put a link to the source code in my first post later today.

cheers.

binhex.
Bilbo430

Post by Bilbo430 »

Hi binhex, I've grabbed the ver 1.1.2 but it's still failing at the same point - the entry after Date Night. I noticed the datestamps in the download are still July 1st.

Thanks
binhex

Post by binhex »

Bilbo430 wrote: Hi binhex, I've grabbed the ver 1.1.2 but it's still failing at the same point - the entry after Date Night. I noticed the datestamps in the download are still July 1st.

Thanks
it works for me no probs, make sure you are replacing ALL files except your config.ini the datestamp for the exe is what your aqfter it should be 07/07/2010 9:44

let me know how you get on.
Bilbo430

Post by Bilbo430 »

Hi binhex,

My bad, it must not have overwritten the exe file. Once I had the latest exe it worked like a charm :)
binhex

Post by binhex »

Bilbo430 wrote: Hi binhex,

My bad, it must not have overwritten the exe file. Once I had the latest exe it worked like a charm :)
excellent, thanks for letting me know, you were worrying me there, thought my coding ninja skills had failed me :-)