nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
aldinach

Re: nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Post by aldinach »

Ok, sorry, it must have been a temporary problem with mediafire as it's downloading now.  Thanks for checking.
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

And it's working fine.  Thanks again for posting the quick fix.  Much appreciated. ;D
aldinach

Post by aldinach »

Disregard, sorry... all good.  :D
Last edited by aldinach on February 23rd, 2011, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
binhex

Post by binhex »

aldinach wrote: Ok, I spoke too soon, though in this case there is an easy workaround.  When using the same config file I PM'd you earlier, even if enable_preferred="no", it throws this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "auto movie downloader.py", line 1582, in
 File "auto movie downloader.py", line 1549, in
 File "auto movie downloader.py", line 1284, in Debug
 File "auto movie downloader.py", line 415, in isGoodGenre
NameError: global name 'good_genre' is not defined

If I add good_genre in the config file and define it, it works.  It looks like maybe the name changed from GoodGenre to good_genre?

it looks like your using an older config.ini which has the older style variable names, you will need to use the one included in the zip (named sample config.ini - requires rename once edited to config.ini) and just re-enter in the details, i know its a pain but at the moment there is no easy upgrade method, and from this version onwards there shouldnt be any major config.ini changes so you should be able to use the config.ini from ver 1.4.1 going forward.

edit - glad you got it sorted  ;D
Last edited by binhex on February 23rd, 2011, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Looks good man!

The first time I ran it, it claimed my newznab was down, not sure why. I ran it against nzbmatrix, and ran fine, then switched back to newznab, and it ran fine!

It's too bad you can't specify search terms that you don't want to show up though. I know the IRC channel the newznab dev's sit in, I'll see if I can ask them about it.
binhex

Post by binhex »

agentgreen wrote: Looks good man!

The first time I ran it, it claimed my newznab was down, not sure why. I ran it against nzbmatrix, and ran fine, then switched back to newznab, and it ran fine!

It's too bad you can't specify search terms that you don't want to show up though. I know the IRC channel the newznab dev's sit in, I'll see if I can ask them about it.
hmm wierd you got a message saying your site was down, i ran it several times with no issue, perhaps you had a glitch on your connection?, one thing to note is that i would advise connecting to your site using your internal address not your external address when accessing them inside your home lan, you may get into some strange loops on your router otherwise as your connection will go out and then back in again, might be the cause of your issue.

yes negative search terms are desperately needed to filter out rthe unwanted stuff from your search result, im sure it will happen.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

I actually host newznab on a dedicated server outside my home, so I don' think it was a routing issue. Could have been a network flop though. Regardless, it's working now :)

So the search term thing is on the RSS feed right? You are basically filtering the RSS feed results? Just trying to get my head around it so I can ask the right questions to the devs.
binhex

Post by binhex »

agentgreen wrote: I actually host newznab on a dedicated server outside my home, so I don' think it was a routing issue. Could have been a network flop though. Regardless, it's working now :)

So the search term thing is on the RSS feed right? You are basically filtering the RSS feed results? Just trying to get my head around it so I can ask the right questions to the devs.
im using the api to first do a "search" then do a "get" function, as far as i can tell you can only put in positive search terms, i cannot see any way of filtering via negative search terms. for example you may want to search movies/sd but only return dvdr versions, excluding brrips and dvdrips.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Just asked the dev's and they say its only possible by restricting categories at the moment, but they are adding it to their To Do list.

I'll just use nzbmatrix for now until they get it added.

I'll let you know when that happens.

How's work on the GUI coming along?
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Haha, it's nice talking directly to devs....they added a way to subtract terms from your search, they said it will be using '--' for the subtraction.

I'm gonna get the new version via SVN shortly, so you should be able to test it out sometime this afternoon if you are so inclined :)
my4pm

Post by my4pm »

2) Regarding the matching of already downloaded movies, how does this work? Does the script only look for folders matching the titles? I tried with a .avi file matching a movie but the script still downloaded the nzb file. However if I had a folder with the same name as the movie it didn't download. Is there any way to check for .avi files as well as folders? (and maybe .mkv and .mpg files too)
I noticed J03 8LACK asked a question about how existing movies are identified but I don't think an answer was given apart from his own findings that it does seem to be folder based.

So these are my findings. The folder name has to be an exact match for the saved nzb. So if you have append_year_to_title="yes" then the saved nzb would be ().nzb but if you have append_year_to_title="no" it would just be .nzb.

Unfortunately although they all start with the movie title, I haven't been very consistant with my folder names and I tend to add the quality of the release to the folder so the chance of getting an exact match is next to zero.

It would be nice if the check could be a bit less strict and eg. do a substring search.
I know some people replace spaces with dashes or dots so maybe an option in the config file could be added to define what substring(s) to search for.

So if a movie called "automated movie downloader is awsome" is available and you define "_" as your separator, it would look if a folder exists that contains the string "automated_movie_downloader_is_awsome"

Would that work?
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey my4pm,

qaz was the one who asked the question and Binhex did answer its.

2/, yes it only searches against the folder names not filenames, i could code it to look against both but this gets tricky as different people have different file and folder structures which would make this difficult, so at present its folder based only im afraid.

A easy way to do what your asking is to reorganize your files so all good quality files  in HD folder and SD in SD folder and add them to the config file so the downloader will check them. but the folder names are created from the IMDB name and the file name is never the same (different release groups).
I'm assuming your downloading files manually and this is why this is happening but if your using CouchPotato to download movies manually you can try Crazy Beaver (http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=6364.0) which is trying to tie all these scripts together.

Hope this was a little helpful
J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

agentgreen wrote: Haha, it's nice talking directly to devs....they added a way to subtract terms from your search, they said it will be using '--' for the subtraction.

I'm gonna get the new version via SVN shortly, so you should be able to test it out sometime this afternoon if you are so inclined :)
agentgreen - sounds good let me know once you got it up and running, it should be easy to test.
binhex

Post by binhex »

my4pm wrote:
2) Regarding the matching of already downloaded movies, how does this work? Does the script only look for folders matching the titles? I tried with a .avi file matching a movie but the script still downloaded the nzb file. However if I had a folder with the same name as the movie it didn't download. Is there any way to check for .avi files as well as folders? (and maybe .mkv and .mpg files too)
I noticed J03 8LACK asked a question about how existing movies are identified but I don't think an answer was given apart from his own findings that it does seem to be folder based.

So these are my findings. The folder name has to be an exact match for the saved nzb. So if you have append_year_to_title="yes" then the saved nzb would be ().nzb but if you have append_year_to_title="no" it would just be .nzb.

Unfortunately although they all start with the movie title, I haven't been very consistant with my folder names and I tend to add the quality of the release to the folder so the chance of getting an exact match is next to zero.

It would be nice if the check could be a bit less strict and eg. do a substring search.
I know some people replace spaces with dashes or dots so maybe an option in the config file could be added to define what substring(s) to search for.

So if a movie called "automated movie downloader is awsome" is available and you define "_" as your separator, it would look if a folder exists that contains the string "automated_movie_downloader_is_awsome"

Would that work?

hi my4pm, ok i understand what your asking and it shouldnt be a massive problem to code this, what i would prefer to do is just do a regex to cover for various seperators, namely spaces, underscores, and periods, i could also allow any text prefixing or appending to the title, so for example this would match the movie inception:-

a.load.of.crap.at.the.front.of.the.movie.title.inception.dvdrip.xvid.good1

please note this would still only be against the foldername NOT the filename at this point, i will have a go at coding it up today.

j03 black's solution is of course another way around it, so you remove the quality indicator from the foldername and include it in the parent folder instead, so your path would be for example:-

d:\movies\sd\xvid\inception\

personally i use the above to structure my movie collection but i know everybody is different in their approach  ;D
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

binhex wrote:
agentgreen wrote: Haha, it's nice talking directly to devs....they added a way to subtract terms from your search, they said it will be using '--' for the subtraction.

agentgreen - sounds good let me know once you got it up and running, it should be easy to test.
I'm SVN'd up and I tested a search on my site using -- and it definitely didn't return those results, so it should be good to go.