steve51184

Re: SABnzbd on the iPhone?

Post by steve51184 »

Operating System = iphone

also the par2 builds on that page don't work
kLAcK

Post by kLAcK »

Anyone try compiling the source for par2?
steve51184

Post by steve51184 »

kLAcK wrote: Anyone try compiling the source for par2?
i think i tried at one point but it failed.. you'd need to read through this topic to find out

what we need is a python based par2 program (or java?) and a custom integration into sabnzbd+
RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin »

I realize that this topic is about the iPhone and I have tried these instructions myself, and I get to the same place as everyone else, but I can not for the life of me, get pyOpenSSL to work on the iPhone either with the GCC that can run on the iPhone or my 3.1.2 toolchain, although my toolchain definitely works, I compiled wget for iPhone and it worked like a charm. It compiles only to the point in the toolchain to, "unrecognized symbols in crypto.c", yet I noticed it seems to go from using arm-apple-darwin9-gcc to what appears to be the gcc on the local machine, which I think is the problem.

par2, is a tad similar and gives strange errors, and unless I downloaded the code from the wrong place, the code seems to be like from 2004-2006.

Anyway, on to the information I think others may find helpful.

I have a Nokia Internet Tablet N810, which is also an arm processor, and have found a way to put development programs like GCC and make on the device it self from Nokia's toolkit, anyway, SABnzbd with PyOpenSSL, unrar, unzip, and EVEN par2 (compiling from source) all 100% works.

I attempted to throw the par2 file on to the iPhone and just got can't execute binary.

If anyone knows a way to have the N810 possibly compile par2 for the iPhone, I am willing to give it a try.
Last edited by RedPenguin on June 7th, 2010, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin »

EDIT: I have also figured out how to completely install PyOpenSSL

I have apparently successfully compiled par2cmdline for the iPhone.

All I did was get the iPhone Toolchain for Cygwin (though it appears the one I used on Ubuntu before is the exact same one) and commented out an error for compiling at first, then got stopped by a set of errors the second time, but it turns out, the second errors are due to gcc-4.x and par2cmdline being so old, so I found a Gentoo Linux patch, and at first it appears to not work but then a make clean fixed that.

Step 1. To get par2, simply download the file from http://rapidshare.com/files/442694772/par2.zip

Step 2. Send it to the iPhone using either scp using WinSCP or whatever your method is.

Step 3. Run the command:
    unzip par2.zip (Install unzip in Cydia if you get command not found)

Step 4: Put in /usr/bin
     ldid -S par2 (This signs it, so it doesn't just say Killed).
     chmod +x par2
     mv par2 /usr/bin
     ln -s /usr/bin/par2 /usr/bin/par2create
     ln -s /usr/bin/par2 /usr/bin/par2repair
     ln -s /usr/bin/par2 /usr/bin/par2verify

I have successfully gotten a file and seen it verify, so I know this works. I tried this on both my iPhone 2G 3.1.3 and iPhone 3G 4.1
Last edited by RedPenguin on January 15th, 2011, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryley

Post by ryley »

Thanks for that RedPenguin, I've now got par2 working great and unrar as well. But I still can't get pyopenssl to compile! Could you please elaborate on what you had to do?

Thanks in advance
Mcgster

Post by Mcgster »

Does anyone have a copy of RedPenguin par2.zip file? Reached the limited on rapidshare

Looking to run this on my iPad make my life easy if I didn't require PC every time
fafoulon

Post by fafoulon »

Hi,

Does somebody still have the "par2.zip" file? It's not available anymore on the download site.

Thanks

Edit : I found it in another place
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8454875/par2.zip

From this thread:
http://www.speedlabs.org/forums/index.php?topic=3502.0
Last edited by fafoulon on March 11th, 2011, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zipxavier

Post by zipxavier »

Could you please help us compile and install PyOpenSSL for ARM! It's the last piece of a perfect sabnzbd puzzle for me on my iDevices!
RedPenguin wrote: EDIT: I have also figured out how to completely install PyOpenSSL

Jypy

Post by Jypy »

Hi all,
Are there still people interested in this port ?

because I manage to have it all working (par2,ssl,yenc....) and I have added a springboard icon to start it easily!

I'm using it on an ipad2 with IOS 4.3.3 and it's working like a charm ;)

I've made an installer script but I have to make more tests before releasing.....

If someone wants to test it I can upload my package somewhere and post the link.

Cheers.
Jp
whisper450

Post by whisper450 »

Yes please do, that would be great!
bbaraniec

Post by bbaraniec »

Any update on this?
-
Kind regards
Bartek
shaheel

Post by shaheel »

Hello everyone!

I know this topic is quite old but I hope it will help some people out there who needs a fully functional Sabnzbd on their iDevice.
I've managed to finally install pyOpenSSL thanks to Jypy. I've also made 2 installer scripts : 1 for the latest Sabnzbd(currently 6.14 as of writing date) with par2 and pyopenssl installed and also the ability to relaunch Sabnzbd automatically after reboot. The other script is for installing pyopenssl only.

The file needed is found here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46510782/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.rar

The steps for the installation of Sabnzbd(pyopenssl & par2 included) are as follows:
1. Install OpenSSH from Cydia and SSH(using WinScp for example) into your iDevice as ROOT(very important)
Note: To avoid any interruption/problems, please make sure you have enough battery and turn off auto lock.
2. Extract all files from sabnzbd.rar and copy all of them to /private/var/root
3. Open a terminal window(or using Mobile Terminal) enter the following commands:
chmod +x installSab.sh
./installSab.sh
4. Run the " ./installSab.sh " command twice to make sure everything was correctly installed.
5. Reboot your iDevice and go to http://localhost:8080 via Safari to test.

The steps for installing only pyOpenSSL:
1. Install OpenSSH from Cydia and SSH(using WinScp for example) into your iDevice as ROOT(very important)
2. Install APT 0.7 Strict from Cydia (Set Cydia settings to Developer if you cannot see it)
3. Extract all files from sabnzbd.rar and copy all of them to /private/var/root
4. Open a terminal window(or using Mobile Terminal) enter the following commands:
chmod +x installpyopenssl.sh
./installpyopenssl.sh
5. Reboot your iDevice and go to http://localhost:8080 via Safari to test. (A restart/relaunch of Sabnzbd might also be required)