Can we can get an option for all configuration tabs to be on top of the home screen?

Want something added? Ask for it here.
doejohnblowjoe

Can we can get an option for all configuration tabs to be on top of the home screen?

Post by doejohnblowjoe »

I'm not sure if this has been asked (or recommended) before but whenever I go to the configuration screen and I see the tab to switch back to home, I think, it would be good for the home screen to open as a tab right beneath the configuration tabs, in the same way the "General" "Folders" "Servers" tabs do. That way it would still default to the home tab but you'd have easy access to the configuration tabs & it would eliminate the need to click the configuration button to access the additional options. It seems almost as if it should work this way already.

Here is a picture of what I'm suggesting. Excuse my bad paint art.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can we can get an option for all configuration tabs to be on top of the home screen?

Post by safihre »

Wondering why you need to be in the Config so often?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
doejohnblowjoe

Re: Can we can get an option for all configuration tabs to be on top of the home screen?

Post by doejohnblowjoe »

Mostly just checking the server tab for completion % data or block data remaining. When doing a trial or testing a new provider, I go in there regularly to see if my primary is completing most of the downloads or if my backups are. I understand that you can check one file at a time on the home page or click status and interface but that only really shows current downloads. Additionally, my downloads are automated so I'm not checking in real time. But going into the configuration tab, it just seems like the home page should be tab, the home button is even in the same location where I'd put the tab if there was one. It would make the whole program more compact with less required clicks... more efficient and streamlined I guess.

Or could there be a copy of server data of the sidebar on the homepage instead? It would be really handy for monitoring block data, for example.