Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
midgetspy

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by midgetspy »

Hmm, let me see one of your NFOs - it looks like it found an section in your NFO but it's empty.
metallikop
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by metallikop »

midgetspy wrote:How come? The only shows that should ever be missing are ones that are past their air date and didn't get downloaded for some reason, but they shouldn't stay for long...
Because I'm continuing to search for shows that I'm missing in otherwise complete series'.  I understand that for most people this isn't necessary, but "Coming Episodes" and "Shows I'm still trying to get for you" aren't the same thing, IMO.  Moving it to the bottom or a new page would make more sense /to me/, however I understand if you want to leave it as is.  I can just modify the template on my own end in the interim.

Code: Select all

sqlite> select count(*) from tv_episodes where status=6;
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

metallikop wrote:
midgetspy wrote:How come? The only shows that should ever be missing are ones that are past their air date and didn't get downloaded for some reason, but they shouldn't stay for long...
Because I'm continuing to search for shows that I'm missing in otherwise complete series'.  I understand that for most people this isn't necessary, but "Coming Episodes" and "Shows I'm still trying to get for you" aren't the same thing, IMO.  Moving it to the bottom or a new page would make more sense /to me/, however I understand if you want to leave it as is.  I can just modify the template on my own end in the interim.

Code: Select all

sqlite> select count(*) from tv_episodes where status=6;
Yeah that's what the backlog is for. Putting those episodes as missing is useless because you're searching for them constantly every day all day - the backlog searches every few days which is plenty for episodes that are probably not even posted at all.
metallikop
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by metallikop »

I completely misunderstood what that option was for, that makes much more sense anyway.  Thanks.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

No problem - now that I think of it maybe I shouldn't even allow manually changing episodes to missing. If somebody needs a particular episode they can either manually click search to grab it or put it on the backlog. Missing should only be for episodes which were expected to air and haven't yet... I think I'll make that change tonight.

EDIT: If you haven't read it, check http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/Backlog if you have questions about how the backlog works
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

midgetspy wrote: Hmm, let me see one of your NFOs - it looks like it found an section in your NFO but it's empty.
Good catch, I went through all my nfo's and I found some with the section empty. The ones missing the id just had ""

I deleted all my tvshow.nfo's and then exported my XBMC library. Looked in the nfo's and a good portion of them are missing the id. I can't figure out why this might be happening. I know this is an XBMC problem but I use it to create my nfo's. Anyone else come across this or is it just me??

Thanks midgetspy for pointing out my problem.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

bnevets27 wrote:
midgetspy wrote: Hmm, let me see one of your NFOs - it looks like it found an section in your NFO but it's empty.
Good catch, I went through all my nfo's and I found some with the section empty. The ones missing the id just had ""

I deleted all my tvshow.nfo's and then exported my XBMC library. Looked in the nfo's and a good portion of them are missing the id. I can't figure out why this might be happening. I know this is an XBMC problem but I use it to create my nfo's. Anyone else come across this or is it just me??

Thanks midgetspy for pointing out my problem.
No idea... but what Sick Beard should be doing is renaming that NFO and creating its own - that should be fixed in r266 (but I didn't test it cause it's Friday night and I'm lazy, heh). The NFOs generated by Sick Beard should have everything the XBMC ones do now anyway so I don't think you're losing anything by letting SB regen the NFOs.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

Sweet! Worked just as you said. Found my nfo's that were missing the id and renamed them and created a new nfo. Also the adding of tv shows is much quicker now, not sure if you changed anything or not.

One little suggestion, maybe you could search using the folder name first, then if there is more then one show that matches then show the drop down box with the submit button.  If no results are found, then display the title of the folder so you can clean up the folder name before the search. If you only find one show when you query thetvdb, then skip the need to press the submit button. Just seems pointless to need to keep hitting submit. But the speed up of adding the shows has helped.

I see you added downloading of posters and fanart, I didn't test that because all my shows already have them but I'm sure a lot of people are going to be happy with that.

;D
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

The reason I don't do that is because if your folder name didn't give the show you wanted then you would have to cancel the add and go rename it. And since theTVDB.com search engine is absolutely terrible I think this situation would come up fairly often. So instead I give you a chance to clarify the show name before it searches. I guess I could let you do it after if you choose to but I'll just leave it for now.

Probably the speedup you're seeing is because your TVDB lookups are all cached now whereas before it was downloading them fresh.
Last edited by inpheaux on April 26th, 2010, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SABUser

Post by SABUser »

Sickbeard overwrites plain text URL NFOS with XML ones. :(

I can understand why people like XML nfos but i never want them. I use the text nfo which only has the show URL and let XBMC do the rest. This way when i refresh a show with XBMC it updates with all the new information and not with static info from the XML nfo.

Can you add an option to either/or/both not overwrite existing text nfos and if missing create text nfos rather than XML ones?
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

SABUser wrote: Sickbeard overwrites plain text URL NFOS with XML ones. :(

I can understand why people like XML nfos but i never want them. I use the text nfo which only has the show URL and let XBMC do the rest. This way when i refresh a show with XBMC it updates with all the new information and not with static info from the XML nfo.

Can you add an option to either/or/both not overwrite existing text nfos and if missing create text nfos rather than XML ones?
Just turn off metadata creation.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

I left my shows adding over night, looked at them today and sickbeard now misses some of them. It now misses shows that have a valid id. So If a show is missing the id, it will rename the nfo and create a new one just like it should. If no nfo is found it will create one, just like it should. But adding a show with a nfo with a valid id does not get added now.

Actually let me do some double checking, it has missed shows but what I just said doesn't seem to be entirely true.

Well it looks like a restart of sick beard fixed it.
Last edited by bnevets27 on January 30th, 2010, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

I've created a branch for testing out a python2.5 release - I need some people to test it out please. Once I know it works properly I'll merge it into the trunk and we can get rid of the 2.6 requirement :0)
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

midgetspy wrote: The reason I don't do that is because if your folder name didn't give the show you wanted then you would have to cancel the add and go rename it. And since theTVDB.com search engine is absolutely terrible I think this situation would come up fairly often (try searching for csi miami and you'll get 0 results even though there is a show named "CSI: Miami"). So instead I give you a chance to clarify the show name before it searches. I guess I could let you do it after if you choose to but I'll just leave it for now.

Probably the speedup you're seeing is because your TVDB lookups are all cached now whereas before it was downloading them fresh.
Ah ok, looks like thetvdb is holding you back.  :P Its fine the way it is. Ya your right, after adding shows again I can tell it was the cache that sped up it up.

I was thinking today that a global backlog for missing episodes would be nice. So have the ability to set all missing episodes to backlog in one step. Maybe have all the shows listed similar to the way you list shows when you add a root folder. The check boxes would then be for if you want all missing episodes from that show to be backlogged. Maybe put this function under the backlog tab. And possibly a clean up of the backlog list if it exceeds a set amount, say if there is more that 50 entry's then group them based on show name and then allow each grouping to expanded.

I hope that all made sense. I would make it a LOT easier then having to go and set all missing episodes to backlog for every show.

I also have a question about two other states an episode can be in. Skipped and Missed. If an episode gets flagged as ether one of those what happens to it?

Thanks
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Skipped means you don't have it and don't want it.

Missed means that it was actively looking for it when it was supposed to air but never found it so it is going to keep actively looking for it.

As for the backlog it could use some work, yeah, maybe make a feature request on google code so I don't forget. I will probably wait until after I get a beta out - I want to get to a relatively un-buggy state sometime soon.