Episode Butler search delay

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
tedrock

Episode Butler search delay

Post by tedrock »

Does anyone know of a way I can change/decrease the delay between searches for newly posted episodes? it appears right now to be like 2 hours when I'd rather have it at 30 minutes. I know I could just go and manually search but rather have it do the searching automatically.
Eejit

Re: Episode Butler search delay

Post by Eejit »

I believe it's set as it is so that it doesn't hammer the API at Newzbin
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
tedrock

Post by tedrock »

2 hours is a pretty big buffer for hammering.
Janoz

Post by Janoz »

But your not the only one using the Episode Butler ;). In earlier the interval was 6 hours and it was already reduced. Keep in mind it will do a rather elaborated set of searches for every already aired but not yet downloaded show episode every 2 hours. It's more a question of ethics. I would not like it if I had an api which was hammered by a lot of 'unnecessary*' requests. Don't do onto others what you don't wish others to do to you.

There is however a 'search now' button on the homepage. Just click that button when you think something is posted and you want to download it now.

*yes I know, it's all in the eye of the beholder.
barrettj

Post by barrettj »

While two hours makes sense for a scheduled check - it KNOWS the air time of the episodes and it would make sense that it would check more frequently if it knows an episode aired a while ago (it seems it usually takes around a half hour after they air for most of my shows).

If your episode butler doesn't require logging in, you could make a cron job (linux, you can probably do something similar on windows) to wget http://episodebutler:8077/index?search=now - newzbin says to not automate things more than every fifteen minutes, so that's the minimum I would go with.