Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
kayex

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by kayex »

20:48:52 INFO::CP Server Thread-7 :: Downloading an NZB from NZBs.org at http://nzbs.org/index.php?action=getnzb&nzbid=329619
20:48:53 ERROR::CP Server Thread-7 :: Error loading NZBs.org URL: (, HTTPError(), ) - HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Has anyone come across this error while using the black hole method to download the .nzb with SB? Sending the same nzb direct to SAB works fine for me.
Last edited by kayex on April 11th, 2010, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auskento

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by auskento »

I have just switched to sickbeard and would like to make a change / addition.

When i get new eps, I have previously had them go to an incoming folder first, so i can watch them, then move them in with the rest.
This is not so easy with sickbeard, and was wondering how i might be able to modify things to create a shortcut to the file in my incoming folder so i can more easily find it in my media player.

I have had files go to /incoming/showname/season number/ep num - epname

I then drag the showname in to my repository once I have watched it.
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

I think I have found a small "bug" or issue when SB is doing the unpacking script and delete folder is checked.
it seems that if SB can't find the applicable folder to move the .avi file to, it "thinks" it moves it to the right place, then inadvertently deletes the file it just downloaded. Here's my log from a (very prominent) show that aired last night:

SHOW.NAME.Pt.V.HDTV.XviD-NoTV

Loading config from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\autoProcessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Final folder name is \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\SHOW.NAME.Pt.V.HDTV.XviD-NoTV

The biggest file in the dir is: \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\SHOW.NAME.Pt.V.HDTV.XviD-NoTV\SHOW.NAME.pt.5.hdtv.xvid-notv.avi

PDeleting folder \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\SHOW.NAME.Pt.V.HDTV.XviD-NoTV

Keep in mind that I had to manually dload this nzb as the naming convention is messed up and SB doesn't pick it up.
This also happened with another release:

MAKING.OF.TV.SHOW.HDTV.XviD-SYS

Loading config from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\autoProcessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Final folder name is \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\MAKING.OF.TV.SHOW.HDTV.XviD-SYS

The biggest file in the dir is: \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\MAKING.OF.TV.SHOW.HDTV.XviD-SYS\MAKING.OF.TV.SHOW.hdtv.xvid-sys.avi

PDeleting folder \\Springfield\Videos\TV Shows\MAKING.OF.TV.SHOW.HDTV.XviD-SYS

This too was manually dloaded.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

sentra99 wrote: ok i think i may know why I am getting the following error. It seems to only happen when i try to add a show. When another show is loading after adding it. If i wait till the show is done loading. I can then add another show witout getting the error.
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
  File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
  File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
  File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 642, in addShow
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 754, in __getitem__
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 733, in _nameToSid
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 536, in _getSeries
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 464, in _getetsrc
  File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 452, in _loadUrl
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 1136, in request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 908, in _request
  File "lib\httplib2\__init__.pyo", line 878, in _conn_request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 972, in getresponse
  File "httplib.pyo", line 330, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
I'm still not sure what is the root of this problem. I mean, the fact that you get an exception is just bad error handling, but I don't know why you are getting an error in the first place. How are you connected to the internet? Do you have a proxy or anything?
kayex wrote:
20:48:52 INFO::CP Server Thread-7 :: Downloading an NZB from NZBs.org at http://nzbs.org/index.php?action=getnzb&nzbid=329619
20:48:53 ERROR::CP Server Thread-7 :: Error loading NZBs.org URL: (, HTTPError(), ) - HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Has anyone come across this error while using the black hole method to download the .nzb with SB? Sending the same nzb direct to SAB works fine for me.
It's a problem with NZBs.org, it's been reported a few times.
auskento wrote: I have just switched to sickbeard and would like to make a change / addition.

When i get new eps, I have previously had them go to an incoming folder first, so i can watch them, then move them in with the rest.
This is not so easy with sickbeard, and was wondering how i might be able to modify things to create a shortcut to the file in my incoming folder so i can more easily find it in my media player.

I have had files go to /incoming/showname/season number/ep num - epname

I then drag the showname in to my repository once I have watched it.
This isn't supported by Sick Beard. IMO you should just get a better media player and check "recently added" :0)
Homerboy wrote: I think I have found a small "bug" or issue when SB is doing the unpacking script and delete folder is checked.
it seems that if SB can't find the applicable folder to move the .avi file to, it "thinks" it moves it to the right place, then inadvertently deletes the file it just downloaded.
What version are you running? This was a problem a while ago but it's been fixed since.
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

What version are you running? This was a problem a while ago but it's been fixed since.

I see 444 is available, but didn't see this mentioned in the fixes notes. Though maybe I missed it.
Will update and try again.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

It was probably mentioned in one of the fix notes for 439-443... the changelog system isn't very robust unfortunately.
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

midgetspy wrote: It was probably mentioned in one of the fix notes for 439-443... the changelog system isn't very robust unfortunately.
no worries
As always, AMAZING utility.
I have lots of "wishes" and "wants" and "suggestions", but for now, I'll let you work on the bugs and the issues :)
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

First thanks alot i love the program.

I have a small problem. When Sickbeard adds shows it add them as "none" for the category and then it doesn't run the post-processing  on the download because only the "TV" category is set to run the post processing. With Newzbin seemingly dead in the water is there another way to grab the category automatically or am i doing something else wrong?
ScottAllyn

Post by ScottAllyn »

Duffman wrote:I have a small problem. When Sickbeard adds shows it add them as "none" for the category and then it doesn't run the post-processing  on the download because only the "TV" category is set to run the post processing. With Newzbin seemingly dead in the water is there another way to grab the category automatically or am i doing something else wrong?
Check the Config/Episode Downloads page - there's a Category field in the SABnzbd section. Mine was set to tv by default.
oncl0ud9

Post by oncl0ud9 »

Does anyone have an autostart script I can put in /etc/init.d that will allow sickbeard to autorun on startup. I am using ubuntu server 9.10. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

ScottAllyn wrote:
Duffman wrote:I have a small problem. When Sickbeard adds shows it add them as "none" for the category and then it doesn't run the post-processing  on the download because only the "TV" category is set to run the post processing. With Newzbin seemingly dead in the water is there another way to grab the category automatically or am i doing something else wrong?
Check the Config/Episode Downloads page - there's a Category field in the SABnzbd section. Mine was set to tv by default.
Thanks but the problem is that when Sab grabs the episode from SickBeard it isnt grabbing the category so it doesn't know it is "TV"
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Are you using black hole or direct to SAB? If you're using black hole you need to put them in a subfolder with the category name you want.
Coolers

Post by Coolers »

I think a really helpful feature which seems fairly easy to add would be a link to open the folder of the show that is currently being browsed, and/or also an icon next to each show name to open the file, so that the default program that is associated with that file type can begin playing it immediately.
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

midgetspy wrote: Are you using black hole or direct to SAB? If you're using black hole you need to put them in a subfolder with the category name you want.
Ok i was using blackhole i switch to Sab and will see if that works thanks.
oncl0ud9

Post by oncl0ud9 »

Would anyone know how to make this autostart in ubuntu?