[WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Post by markus101 »

SABSync 0.8.1 released to fix bugs when checking the imported NZB folder and to prevent downloading multiple of the same item from different RSS feeds and SABnzbd is still fetching the first NZB file, since it would not be found in the queue or the NZB imported folder.

Head over to: http://code.google.com/p/sabscripts/

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
chef_

Post by chef_ »

Issue posted on your code site: Re-queues the same episode every time script is ran
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Thanks, I've requested some more info on the issue page. I'll see what I can do to track it down, I haven't seen this before.

-Markus
i-1

Post by i-1 »

Hi,

Is there a place where I can send donations?
If this is working how I think it will workk this is worth a donation!

I am trying to det it set up .... but I am having some problems and maybe you can help me.

These are the steps that I followed:
- Downloaded SabNZB and installed it
- Set all the correct parameters/folders/settings in the configuration section of SabNZB
- downloaded the SABSync program including the SABSyncGUI and put that all in 1 directory
- Runned the GUI and set the correct parameters there
- Tested SABnzb with the "TESTSAB" button (that worked)
- generated a RSS link from nzbmatrix.com and edited the RSS.config file

The goal is to test download all episodes of Season01  from a TV Show called "Modern Family" in 720p HD
But this is not working ...

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

This is how my RSS.config file looks like:

Code: Select all

NZBMatrix-ModernFamily|http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?page=details&subcat=41&english=1&term=Modern+Family

I get the following error message after I run the SABSync.exe:

=====================================================================
Starting SABSync. v0.8.2.0 - Build Date: dinsdag 13 april 2010
Current System Time: 16-4-2010 15:21:56
Loading configuration...
Watching 1 shows
_ignoreSeasons: The Simpsons=20;The Office (US)=2
Loading RSS feed list from C:\Users\Iwan\Documents\Downloads\sabnzb\addons\SABSync_0.8.2\RSS.config
Downloading feed nzbmatrix from http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?page=details&subcat=41&term=Modern+Family
----------------------------------------------------------------
Verifying 'Modern Family S01E20 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION'
Unsupported Title: Modern Family S01E20 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SABSync.Program.ShowAlias(String showName) in C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\Program.cs:line 1254
   at SABSync.Program.IsEpisodeWanted(String title) in C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\Program.cs:line 699
Verifying 'Modern Family S01E19 Game Changer 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi'
Unsupported Title: Modern Family S01E19 Game Changer 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SABSync.Program.ShowAlias(String showName) in C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\Program.cs:line 1254
   at SABSync.Program.IsEpisodeWanted(String title) in C:\Users\Markus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\Program.cs:line 699

Number of reports added to the queue: 0
Process successfully completed. Duration 3,3s
16-4-2010 15:21:59

I trunkated the output ... it finds all the shows but I don;t understand the  "Unsupported Title: Modern Family S01E20 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION" message...
I wonder what I am doing wrong here ... and there is no documentation at all where I can take a look at :-)
Last edited by i-1 on April 16th, 2010, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I took a look and added that RSS feed to my machine, I saw no issues, but perhaps I caused an issue when I released 0.8.2 to googlecode. I will give it another shot from my laptop with the version I uploaded.

I have also put some time into an updated version supporting multiple TV Root folders (more info on that later). I have also found a bug with PROPERS, which will cause them to never download - I will have to work that out.

I'll dig into this, thanks for your patience, hopefully I can work this out quickly.
i-1

Post by i-1 »

Markus,

Do I also need to add in the RSS feeds in SABnzbd+ 0.5.0 itself (Config --> RSS --> Feed URL etc etc)
And do I need to specify the "Filter" there?

And where do I specify the "Watching" shows?

When I run the SABSync.exe script I get the following output:

Starting SABSync. v0.8.2.0 - Build Date: dinsdag 13 april 2010
Current System Time: 16-4-2010 18:30:11
Loading configuration...
Watching 2 shows
_ignoreSeasons: The Simpsons=20;The Office (US)=2
Loading RSS feed list from C:\Users\Iwan\Documents\Downloads\sabnzb\addons\SABSync_0.8.2\RSS.config
Downloading feed nzbmatrix from http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?page=details&subcat=41&term=Modern+Family
Verifying 'Modern Family S01E20 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION'
'Modern Family' is not being watched.
Verifying 'Modern Family S01E19 Game Changer 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi'
'Modern Family' is not being watched.

Number of reports added to the queue: 0
Process successfully completed. Duration 3,1s
16-4-2010 18:30:14
I trunkated it again ... because it's finding all the 20 episodes of Season 1 of the serie Modern Family ... but it´s just not putting it in the queue.

Also my Alias.config looks like this:

Modern Family|Modern Family
Is this correct?
Last edited by i-1 on April 16th, 2010, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Hmm, no errors this time, but it doesn't think you want that show.

Can you post your config file file?
Something seems to be wrong with your TV Root setting.

You will not need to setup anything for an alias for this show - it's only for shows that are posted differently that they are on Newzbin (or on TheTVDB).

Your TV root should be like this C:\TVShows
and within TVShows shoudl be any folders for shows you want to watch \Show One, \Show Two

The full path would be: C:\TVShows\Show One or C:\TVShows\Show Two

-Markus
i-1

Post by i-1 »

this is my config file:

SABSync.exe.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="downloadQuality" value="xvid;720p" />
    <add key="downloadPropers" value="true" />
    <add key="alias" value="Alias.config" />
    <add key="quality" value="Quality.config" />
    <add key="tvRoot" value="C:\Users\Iwan\Documents\Downloads\sabnzb\complete\tv" />
    <add key="tvTemplate" value="%sn\Season %0s\%sn - S%0sE%0e - %en.%ext" />
    <add key="tvDailyTemplate" value="%t/%t - %y-%0m-%0d - %.desc.%ext" />
    <add key="videoExt" value=".mkv;.avi;.wmv" />
    <add key="ignoreSeasons" value="" />
    <add key="nzbDir" value="C:\Users\Iwan\Documents\Downloads\sabnzb\nzbload" />
    <add key="sabnzbdInfo" value="localhost:8080" />
    <add key="username" value="admin" />
    <add key="password" value="xxx" />
    <add key="apiKey" value="xxx" />
    <add key="priority" value="1" />
    <add key="rss" value="C:\Users\Iwan\Documents\Downloads\sabnzb\addons\SABSync_0.8.2\RSS.config" />
    <add key="SabReplaceChars" value="True" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Got this sorted offline, I'll try to track down that bug, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

The alias file is for better matching RSS Title names to TheTVDB names, a folder in your TVRoot folder is required to download any shows, better documentation will help out.

Anyone have feature requests? I'm testing multiple TV Root folders - But I only have one so testing may not be perfect.

I'm also going to add in TvRage as an episode name source, not 100% sure the best way to use either one, but likely I will go to TheTVDB first then TvRage if TheTVDB does not have the episode name.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Hey Markus,

Loving the program, truly LOVING it. You know you're a geek when you can get excited about automated TV show downloads like this. :D

Found a bug, and I think I have a scope on the source too:

When you search for existing files on the hard drive, your search is for *.s02e01.* - I had a number of files named blabla.s02e01.avi and these files were simply not detected.

This was my first test, so I saw the error in the queue and removed them. Then I edited the name of the files to add .xvid, making my files now be called blabla.s02e01.xvid.avi and now, running SABsynch, it finds the files. :)

I'm guessing you somehow ignore the .avi of the file format, but since that "ignore the format"-part removes the last period of *.s02e01.* then the search doesn't match and the file isn't found.

Amiright?

Great program, you got a donate button somewhere?

/lars

PS. Any way to make SabSynch run once an hour, something like that?
Last edited by LarzJG on April 16th, 2010, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Thanks for the great feedback, added a donation button on the googlecode Page - thanks for your support!
You are correct about that bug, basically the script looks for the video extensions as defined in the config file (.mkv/.avi - plus any others), and due to the way I break up the SAB sorting string it will look for *.s01e01.* or in my case * - S01E01 - * as I ran into the same issue. I'm now grabbing episode names, and forcing it to "unknown" if it can't be resolved from TheTVDB, which helps correct the issue, the other thing I can/and properly should do.

Is break up the string further, removing all leading and trailing spaces, periods, dashes and underscores (any other characters people might use for separation would also have to be added to that list) - so throw them at me.

Someone throw some feature requests at me, I'll take care of anything I can reasonably handle and fix some of those bugs :)

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Let me give you a few things I've stumbled on before I forget them:

1. Install Guide
It took me a while to figure out how to "install" the program. Add a file like this:

Install.txt

SABsync automates the process of downloading TV shows from your RSS feeds using SABnzbd+. For SABnzbd+, visit http://sabnzbd.org

To install SABzync, follow these easy-to-use steps:

1. Extract the zip-file to a folder on your hard drive.
2. Edit sabsync.exe.config with notepad and adjust the settings to reflect your setup. You can also use SABsyncgui, which will let you edit the program options in a clean interface and test the connection to SABnzbd+.
3. Define a set of rss-feeds by editing rss.config with notepad. These rss feeds should be from a supported NZB-site (like NZB matrix), and may require an API key for that NZB-site (like NZB Matrix).

This program will attempt to match the folders in your defined TVRoot folder with the available files in your RSS-feeds. If a file is available for download and not already in your folders or in your SABnzbd+ download queue, SABsync will add it to the SABnzbd+ download queue. This requires some similarity between the naming of the files in your folders, the naming conventions you use in the SABnzbd+ sorting options and the naming conventions you define in the SABsync options file.

2. Two similar files?
app.config and sabsynch.exe.config are almost entirely the same, and from what I can tell only one of them is used by the program - I renamed app.config and nothing broke, at least.. You're bound to have some bugs come in from people who can't figure out which one of them to use.

3. "Better" match logic
I am getting a LOT of redownloads in my queue, some of them are in the queue twice. I think part of it is related to running the script too often, so that NZB Matrix hasn't given me the NZB file by the time I check again, which I have fixed by scheduling the program on 4 hours intervals now. It's the NZB Matrix 1 minute delay that causes this, right?

And another part of it is about the logic only looking for the same format as SABnzbd+ uses. Would it be possible to further define the logic? So that - despite the regular SABnzbd pattern - it also looks for some of the other most common ones?

I have some shows that are formatted like this: 101 for s01e01. I realize that REALLY sucks for formatting, but I have them and I imagine others might as well. If you could maybe identify LAST two digits of any three-plus-digit chain being the episode number, and any number ahead of that being the season, then you'd have a filter for this naming convention as well.

Right now it seems like there's a tendency for the program to be TOO picky in the search, and downloading too much. Some sort of loosening is at least merited.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

1 - great point, I haven't spent enough time on documentation, but I really should. Both on the GoogleCode site and in the zip. When I get out of devmode a bit I'll get something out.

2 - App.config shouldn't have been included in the release, they both should be the same file, but the proper naming of the file is SABSync.exe.config (otherwise the app will be unable to find the proper settings) - I'll clean this up for the next release.

3 - I can look into wrapping in better logic - and I do have some plans to further improve what is already there, as described, there is a "Bug" where the episode on disk is NOT matched if there is not episode name for that file. AS for common naming conventions, I haven't done a lot of work with Regex in episode matching, but I will look into some easy matches. What are some common naming Schemes, I'm aware of S01E01 (or s01e01), 1x01, 101 (like you said not a great thing to match against, I'll see what I can do to logically capture the season/episode numbers).

If you want to batch rename episodes - I highly recommend TVRename (http://www.tvrename.com), it was great when I move from other apps that did not support episode renaming to SABnzbd and started using the various downloading scripts, plus it cleans up everything, and gets episode names if they aren't there. It uses TheTVDB for naming as well (though when people start making multiple changes to episode names on there it can get a bit messy) - It will also not properly find 101 as a season/episode string (or didn't last time I needed to rename a bunch of them).

I have a feeling SABSync appears to be aggressive in downloading due to the pretty strict matching that SABSync requires to properly match episode names, I have already at some better matching planned for the next release, so stay tuned. I will also look at making matching even better.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Good stuff. :)

You at some point check if the file is in queue. If SABnzbd has the file in queue as "retrieving NZB from NZBMATRIX" then it won't match, and you'll add it again.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Yeah, that's the issue, I was able to easily check that with Newzbin, I will dig into a way to support that for other sites as well. I haven't seen that issue too much, but if a bunch of items are added and the next run of SABSync will re-add those items. SABSync should not add duplicates of the same title in a single pass (based on the format: Show Name - 1x01 - Episode Name).

When you see this issue how many items are being added to the queue? How soon is the next run of SABSync running?

-Markus