Sorting of nzb files in rar then 001 etc

Want something added? Ask for it here.
chunk1970

Sorting of nzb files in rar then 001 etc

Post by chunk1970 »

This is a feature that ive been looking to be implemented for some time.

It would be nice to have this feature so that it could be enabled and then flagged within SAB so various media players could make use of this. Particulary I would enable the feature to be used as part of a front-end script I created for XBOX-XBMC so that once the first RAR has completed XBMC could start playing the file. Virtually instant downloads, I know this would have problems with missing data and the like but on the whole would be a very cool feature...

Cheers,
chunk1970
switch

Re: Sorting of nzb files in rar then 001 etc

Post by switch »

As of 0.4 all rar files are prioritised ahead of all other files apart from pars entirely for this reason.

I also had a look at adding a new download option, +stream, that would move the files straight to their complete directory as they were downloaded, however this didn't fit in well with the current par and unrar support so it was dropped.

Another think I looked at was sending a request to XBMC over the webapi to start playing as soon as the first .rar was downloaded, but it seems telling xbmc to play a .rar over the webapi is not supported/added.

Let us know what else you need as I'm a big user of xbmc.
evidenceunseen

Post by evidenceunseen »

Altbinz has a feature that sends the file through the XBMC api, I'm pretty sure it's a .rar. I might be mistaken, it's also possible that they unrar right away but I doubt it. I've used their nzb play feature and it works fine.
mr.b

Post by mr.b »

I'm testing the reordering / prioritization of RARs in .4 in regards to streaming.  Is there a switch to prevent the files from being moved from incomplete directory to complete directory once the download is completed?  Is it currently possible to use a post-processing script in order to halt the move while a specific process is running?  For example, if I'm streaming to my Popcorn Hour using VLC, I could watch for any running VLC processes and delay any post processing or moving until the process ends.
switch

Post by switch »

Currently you have to have your incomplete/complete settings point to the same folder and can't have +Delete set. Not ideal really.

I tried adding an extra option called +Stream that would dump files into the complete folder as they were downloaded, however this broke any par repairing and unraring.
mr.b

Post by mr.b »

Thanks switch,

That'll get me far enough to do some more testing.  End result, I'm looking to write something that'll use the data from newzbin and provide a simple web interface accessible to my NMT device (popcorn hour, istar HD) via webservice so I can pretty much have all 200 days of giganews on tap for streaming (within the limits of my bandwidth of course).