nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
binhex

nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

For those who dont know what my previous script did this monitors index sites nzbmatrix.com/nzbs.org/newznab for releases, it then checks imdb for certain criteria, if there is a positive match then it will download the nzb to either a queued folder or to the defined "watched" folder for sabnzbd+ to download.

feature list
checks for existing movies
define genres
define min rating
define min votes
define min year
define favorite actors
define favorite directors
define favorite characters
define favorite movie titles
define ignore titles
define ignore genres
define prefered genres and rating
define queue genres (used for genres you may or may not want)
define queue year (can be used for early movies you may or may not want)
create metadata for movie browser (media center plugin)
email notification of queued and downloading jobs
min download size to accept
title value filtering e.g telesync, telecine etc.

i have compiled the script to a windows executable format which can be executed from the command line or run as a scheduled task.

download the zip, extract and then read the readme.txt file before attempting to run. you will have to edit the sample config.ini before running.

rss feed
http://www.mediafire.com/rss.php?key=pnd4e29x6y7w6

changelog
ver 1.4.5
added in exit on failure to download imdb json feed and imdb mobile webpage scraping
added in checking of tt number for 7 digits or more, will skip if less than 7 or if error 404 recieved from imdb
general unicode tidy up
moved submit webform with username/password for nzbmatrix to retry loop
Last edited by binhex on June 27th, 2011, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
young-einstein

Re: nzbmatrix automated movie downloader

Post by young-einstein »

This looks like it could be interesting ...  I'll have a play with it later and see how I go! ;)
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Runs good, Is there anyway to make it run silent ( without the cmd window opening ) like pythonw

Thanks
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote: Runs good, Is there anyway to make it run silent ( without the cmd window opening ) like pythonw

Thanks
yes indeed, just simply create a scheduled task for it and get it to run however often you want, it should be explained in the readme.txt under the installation heading.

im glad its working well, ive been tweaking it for well over a year now to get it to do exactly what i want and ended up with a completely hands off auto downloader  :)
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

I Have it set as a scheduled task and it still opens a black cmd window. Processes the script and then closes back up. I have try running the exe and a shortcut of the exe but still both open  a Cmd window (svchost.exe) I Have another Python script that i have to run with Pythonw to make it run without opening a cmd Window opening.

another question

For spanning  multiple Drives do I create another movies_sd_dir? and then change  the root folder number .. as seen below

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="Z:\\Videos\\Movies\\Mom and Dad Movies\\"
movies_sd_dir2="Z:\\Videos\\Movies\\Kids Movies\\"

#define the number of root folders for sd collection (as defined above)
#valid values:- 1 to infinity
sdrootfolders=2

thanks 4 the h3lp
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote: I Have it set as a scheduled task and it still opens a black cmd window. Processes the script and then closes back up. I have try running the exe and a shortcut of the exe but still both open  a Cmd window (svchost.exe) I Have another Python script that i have to run with Pythonw to make it run without opening a cmd Window opening.

another question

For spanning  multiple Drives do I create another movies_sd_dir? and then change  the root folder number .. as seen below

#put your own root folder names below to specify the location of your sd collection (can span multiple drives)
movies_sd_dir1="Z:\\Videos\\Movies\\Mom and Dad Movies\"
movies_sd_dir2="Z:\\Videos\\Movies\\Kids Movies\"

#define the number of root folders for sd collection (as defined above)
#valid values:- 1 to infinity
sdrootfolders=2

thanks 4 the h3lp
hi joe black, hmm thats odd i dont know why you are seeing the commandline pop up, for me it doesnt show, you are specifying "start a program"  for "nzbmatrix auto movie downloader.exe" on the "actions" tab right for the scheduled task?, you shouldn't be trying to run python itself or any other python scripts as this is compiled to run as a standalone executable without the need for python.

on your second question, yes you have it exactly right, you just add in the line specifying your additional root folder and increment the number for "sdrootfolders", any other questions please let me know, and sorry for the slow response, real life has been getting in the way :-).
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Still havn't worked out why the Cmd window opens then closes. But i do have a question with Metadata.

Does it grab a jpeg and can it be stored with the video files? Trying to find out what works best with WDTV Live.

Thanks
binhex

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote: Still havn't worked out why the Cmd window opens then closes. But i do have a question with Metadata.

Does it grab a jpeg and can it be stored with the video files? Trying to find out what works best with WDTV Live.

Thanks
hi joe black, metadata will not include images, this is just information about the movie, for instance director, actors, runtime etc, it doesnt include artwork. i have just been looking at wdtv on the web and see that it does support metadata but i very much doubt the format i have it saved in will be compatible, maybe if you can work out the format of the metadata i could add this in as a option for you.

if you wish to have artwork thumbnails displayed then if you can tell me the name of the image file WDTV is looking for i can include this, as my next version of my downloader includes automtatic cover downloading via freecovers.net.

let me know mate.

binhex.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey binhex

Fixed my problem with the cmd window opening. it seems if i run the task as a user it shows the cmd window but if i run it as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM it seems to work fine now.

As for the WDTV I'm looking into 3 generators for movie sheets and TV sheets. Thumbgen, WDTV Movie sheet Generator, and TVSHEETGENERATOR. they may give you the info your looking for.

Thanks
J03 8lack
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok as promised here is the new release, i would strongly advise anybody who is using 1.0.3 to move over to this version, as it squashes a few regex bugs, as well as being a bit quicker and adding in the ability to auto download coverart :-).

changelog below:-

ver 1.0.4
add in feature to download coverart via freecovers.net
small tidy up of config.ini moving of any unneeded config to main script

ver 1.0.5
reworked imdb regex and replaced with simple maths calculations instead to improve speed and reduce bugs
removed queue votes as decided not required
added in additional fault tolerance for coverart downloader - need to keep an eye on this as still can fail download

ver 1.0.6
added in good director in config.ini

link to version 1.0.6:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ijmd0o5jdy

please leave me feedback.
binhex

Post by binhex »

binhex wrote: ok as promised here is the new release, i would strongly advise anybody who is using 1.0.3 to move over to this version, as it squashes a few regex bugs, as well as being a bit quicker and adding in the ability to auto download coverart :-).

changelog below:-

ver 1.0.4
add in feature to download coverart via freecovers.net
small tidy up of config.ini moving of any unneeded config to main script

ver 1.0.5
reworked imdb regex and replaced with simple maths calculations instead to improve speed and reduce bugs
removed queue votes as decided not required
added in additional fault tolerance for coverart downloader - need to keep an eye on this as still can fail download

ver 1.0.6
added in good director in config.ini

link to version 1.0.6:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ijmd0o5jdy

please leave me feedback.
one thing i forgot to mention, freecovers.net is currently going through some heavy reworking of their website, this means coverart will not work until logins are back in operation - the new feature was tested prior to logins being disabled so im confident it should work once logins are re-enabled.
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

How about a Linux version?
binhex

Post by binhex »

mike171562 wrote: How about a Linux version?
um yeah this shouldnt be too hard i guess as the python modules shouldn't be os specific so as long as you do the following it should work:-

1. change any paths in the config.ini to be linux style paths, im sure you are aware of this, im using the python os module so it should support linux
2. change the command at the bottom of the config.ini to notify you if there is an error, dunno if there is a linux command you can use instead?
3. install mechanize module into your python install (used for freecovers) - download is here:- http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechan ... nload.html

For the source code, sample config.ini, and readme.txt zipped grab it here:- http://www.mediafire.com/?og3fmuyzayj

let me know how you get on ok?.

oh and btw ive only been coding in python for 2 years now and im def a novice so any bugs please let me know asap :-)
starpc

Post by starpc »

great script.  Any chance for support of nzbs.org?
mike171562

Post by mike171562 »

How am I supposed to run the nzbmatrix auto movie downloader.exe?