XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jamesdew

Re: XBMC SABnzbd+ Python Script

Post by jamesdew »

Neil wrote: Switch, would you mind adding a way to view my history of recent sabnzb downloads?  Every time I turn on my TV, I have to quit Plex and use a mouse to see what shows have downloaded since last time.  It would be great to see what new shows I have with just a few clicks of the remote control.  Thanks for all your work.
This functionality is already built into XBMC, the recently added TV shows feature. Are you not using the library mode? The only way I could see this would be useful is if something isn't in your library that you expect to be there and you want to confirm that it downloaded.

If you really do want this, sabnzbd can provide the history as an RSS feed as shown here

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/tips

then just add that RSS feed to your custom feeds and name it "download history" or something
Last edited by jamesdew on March 9th, 2010, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tophicles

Post by Tophicles »

I'm getting an error when I try to perform an action on a queued item. I get "failed to contact sabnzbd".
I can see the queued items, however...

Any thoughts? This is a *great* plugin for XBMC, thanks so much!
jamesdew

Post by jamesdew »

Tophicles wrote: I'm getting an error when I try to perform an action on a queued item. I get "failed to contact sabnzbd".

If you are using release 5.x changes to the API have been made that prevents this working.

I modified sabnzbd_actions.py to accomodate these changes, see my post on the previous page.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 438#p26438
Last edited by jamesdew on April 13th, 2010, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tophicles

Post by Tophicles »

jamesdew wrote:
Tophicles wrote: I'm getting an error when I try to perform an action on a queued item. I get "failed to contact sabnzbd".

If you are using release 5.x changes to the API have been made that prevents this working.

I modified sabnzbd_actions.py to accomodate these changes, see my post on the previous page.

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/http://forums ... 438#p26438
Brilliant! Thanks for that... now if I can just get the IMDB stuff working for NZBMATRIX, I'd be all set!! :)
jamesdew

Post by jamesdew »

Unfortunatly the IMDB part uses the IMDB link provided by newzbin. To get this to work we would need a film name parser, then have this search IMDB and return the info. This is beyond my limited skills, switch or someone with more python experience would need to help

That would be pretty cool though.
cowfodder

Post by cowfodder »

Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin.  I'm an idiot, and it took me a minute to get the RSS settings for NZBs.org setup properly, but it works like a charm now.
jamesdew

Post by jamesdew »

I added some more stuff, I wanted to be able to pause for short periods of time without going back to resume again.

If you want this functionality just replace your nzb/sabnzbd_actions.py with this one.
rahduke

Post by rahduke »

this script is awesome thanks alot!!! Is it possible to add a next page option at the end of the file lists??
kricker

Post by kricker »

New version is available via the new XBMC add-on repo. New support thread started on the XBMC forums here. You will need a current SVN version of XBMC to use the updated version of this script. SVN versions are considered beta, so backup your current install and userdata if you plan to upgrade.
Last edited by kricker on June 24th, 2010, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mick_angel00

Post by mick_angel00 »

Hello,

I installed XBMC Dharma beta 3 with SABnzbd+ add-on and SABnzbd+ 0.5.4.
I managed to reed my nzbs.org rss feed but could not download any NZB files.
When I select an item in the list, it says "Added to queue" but when I look at the queue there is an item name like "index.php!action=getnzb&nzbid=429569" and nothing is going on.

Is there any known bug or something I did wrong (configurations..) ??

Thanks in advance.
kricker

Post by kricker »

james341

Post by james341 »

Sim sorry for the stupid question but where do i pot the downloaded folder in windows 7?
i can't find the plug-in folder....

thanks
kricker

Post by kricker »

You install the addon from within XBMC. There is no plugin folder to find.