[WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [WINDOWS] SABSync - TV Show Syncing

Post by markus101 »

Hi Larz,

I like your suggestion for the next episode display, that should be pretty easy to implement. I'll have to find a clean way to list those episodes, I don't want to overload that screen, deterring from it's ease of looking and seeing exactly what is coming up. Not shown in that shot, but in my current working version of the app I'm showing a check next to an episode if it is found in the history list, but currently I have no mapping between having the episode on disk and having it saved in the Database (so SABSync knows its there), something I can look at adding so backfill could be possible.

I'm at a loss why it automagically reverts for you :( what a pain. I have added a "hidden" option to set the quality of X number of shows to a certain quality. If you select more than one show you will get an option to change the quality for all those shows, currently just the option to change it to, no view into what shows have which quality. Something that I might add if I figure out a nice way to implement it.

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

The Show quality keeps resetting on me.

This time it also forgot all rss-feed changes I had made. I was closing down my main comp, had Windows Home Server "Remote desktop" up, and as I was pressing alt-f4 the window was suddenly sabsync. Restarted it, all shows now reset to a previous quality setting and I have 4 rss feeds instead of the 3 I had before. :S
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

That is really odd, the current setup has the DB saved every time something is changed (though it might not be the best), this new one will save when you click save (which will be a slight change). Does the history get wiped out as well?

Does it happen every time the app is exited? It's like the database isn't getting saved for some reason (permissions?), any exceptions in the log files?

Try this:
Start SABSync, change one show to a different quality, let the setting change (select a new row), check when the DB was last edited and check the log file for any errors.

Version 0.9.9.4 is available, grab it from Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/sabscripts/

New shows view
- Context menu on shows list

Updates from TheTVDB now work - Right-Click shows list to force updates, which will download all episodes for the selected (or all) shows.

Let me know if there are any issue or suggestions.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

I am still having to delete the database every time I want to change the setting that I want to download multiple shows at.

I'll try and see if I can track the problem - could it be admin rights?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

What happens if you don't delete the database? Where do you have it installed? Are you running it under a non-admin user (Running it on WHS?)?

I'm running mine as admin on my WHS box (installed to the data drive, not Program Files or a limited location). WHen debugging I'm running as a user with an account that has admin rights (UAC enabled) on my Windows 7 machines and the DB in in my documents (so no admin is really needed).

I've never had to delete the DB to make a change to anything, so I'm not sure where to look, the logs may have some information, depending where it is failing. With 0.9.9.4 you can change multiple shows at once, just highlight more than one.

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

WHS, HP Mediasmart system. I have it in a subfolder to sabnzbd on C, I'll move it to D.

I'm usually accessing it using the WHS console, using the addin that lets you minimize the WHS software. It's in the Startup-folder as a link - I can't figure out a better way to auto-launch it.
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

The problem with the DB was related to write permissions. Somehow, despite having administrator account logged in, it was running with restricted access. I can't quite figure out why, but I can deal with it for now.

But SABsync basically stopped working for me now.

I couldn't understand that I hadn't gotten any new shows, apparently the application no longer recognizes that I am watching any shows - despite having them all in the list, with settings. I tried adding aliases, changing quality, nothing would work - log would say it found a Colbert Report, and that Colbert Report wasn't being watched.

Eventually I wiped my entire sabsync library. I'm having to readd everything, so I ran into some other issues along the way, like "Test SAB" not doing anything anymore. I keep clicking the button, nothing happens - at all. I'll change the info to something really wrong, and it still doesn't return anything.

So, this took a while, now everything is set up again and semi works. My logs still returns errors, tho - like these:

Code: Select all

Checking if Apocalypse is in Database: 
An Error has occurred while getting the Series ID: System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x0B, is an invalid character. Line 74, position 308.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at SABSync.TvDbService.GetSeriesId(String seriesName) in C:\Users\mark.mcdowall\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\TvDbService.cs:line 129

Checking if My Generation is in Database: 
Fetching Series and Episode info from: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/5D2D188E86E07F4F/series/78456/all
An Error has occurred while getting series/episode information for Series ID: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
   at SABSync.TvDbService.<GetShowInfo>b__2(XElement s) in C:\Users\mark.mcdowall\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\TvDbService.cs:line 257
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at SABSync.TvDbService.GetShowInfo(String seriesId) in C:\Users\mark.mcdowall\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\TvDbService.cs:line 283

----------------------------------------------------------------
Verifying 'The Colbert Report 2010 11 03 Doris Kearns Goodwin HDTV XviD FQM'
'The Colbert Report' is being watched.
Title is: the colbert report 2010 11 03 doris kearns goodwin hdtv xvid fqm
Quality -xvid- is wanted for: The Colbert Report.
Checking SABSync.db for: [The Colbert Report - S00E00]
Checking Queue for  : [The Colbert Report 2010 11 03 Doris Kearns Goodwin HDTV XviD FQM] or [The Colbert Report - 2010-11-03 - Doris Kearns Goodwin]
Checking for Imported NZB for [The Colbert Report 2010 11 03 Doris Kearns Goodwin HDTV XviD FQM] or [The Colbert Report - 2010-11-03 - Doris Kearns Goodwin]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\The Colbert Report for [*2010-11-03*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\The Colbert Report for [*0x00*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\The Colbert Report for [*S00E00*]
Checking directory: D:\shares\Videos\TV\The Colbert Report for [*000*]
Adding report [The Colbert Report - 2010-11-03 - Doris Kearns Goodwin] to the queue.
DEBUG: http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode=addurl&name=http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.php?id=768101%26username=USERNAME%26apikey=ebc8ff3500fbda343629c84b8d733021&cat=tv&nzbname=The Colbert Report - 2010-11-03 - Doris Kearns Goodwin&priority=1&apikey=dda9c99d92a9a27ac17cb6399fc2c363&ma_username=username&ma_password=PASSWORD
Queue Response: [ok]
Unsupported Title: The Colbert Report - 2010-11-03 - Doris Kearns Goodwin - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SABSync.Database.AddToHistory(Episode episode, NzbInfo nzb) in C:\Users\mark.mcdowall\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\Database.cs:line 251
   at SABSync.SyncJob.QueueIfWanted(NzbInfo nzb) in C:\Users\mark.mcdowall\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sabscripts\SABSync\SABSync\SyncJob.cs:line 140
And I have to go check what I missed the last few days while it wasn't running. That's when I would really love an autofill thing, or just a screen that shows which shows broadcast in this current season of whatever you don't have on disc.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

The first issue was a bad character in the XML coming from TheTVDB... I went in and fixed it, nothing I can really do there, since FF's XML parser also failed to read it properly.

The 2nd was that TheTVDB did not have a Runtime for this show, so it failed, I am now handling this error and it will still add it to the DB with a runtime of 0.

The 3rd is: I was trying to solve was grabbing the proper episode from the database by using AirDate instead of season/episode number, which should now be fixed. The impact of the 3rd is that SABSync will attempt to add this show to the Database over and over (unless it's already on disk, or is in Queue with a proper name).

-Markus
Last edited by markus101 on November 4th, 2010, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

I've got a fresh install running now, but it's still bugging out on me.

This is my last log:

Fetching Series and Episode info from: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/5D2D188E86E07F4F/series/72227/all
Fetching Series and Episode info from: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/5D2D188E86E07F4F/series/72546/all
Fetching TVDB Server Time: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=none
=====================================================================
Starting SABSync v0.9.9.4 - Build Date: 1. november 2010
Current System Time: 05-11-2010 00:45:34
=====================================================================
Watching 0 shows
There are 75 shows in my sabsync.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

That count is from the number of shows on disk (folders), the path in Options is the correct path to your TV shows?

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Nope - it was to test, so that's the bug. But why did it reset that? It was obviously correct when I added shows, so it must have reset at some point. :(

The same is now true of my settings, including sabnzbd connection stuff.

I might simply revert to a previous version, this seems very hard to get done right.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Nope - it was to test, so that's the bug. But why did it reset that? It was obviously correct when I added shows, so it must have reset at some point. :(
As I said in my last post, that count is the number of folders in your "TVRoot Folder", it does not represent the number of shows in the database. I have done it this way on purpose, otherwise there would be a need to have a two-way sync between shows on disk and in the SABSync Database, which would easily get confusing (show deleted from SABSync would cause the episodes on disk to be deleted was my reasoning for avoiding this). Your test returned the expected result in this case.
The same is now true of my settings, including sabnzbd connection stuff.
Not sure I follow, what is true of your settings? Confirmed an issue with the Test SAB button doing nothing (well technically it was getting a response, but was never displaying anything), I've fixed that now, grab 0.9.9.5 and let me know.

0.9.9.5 Contains the following fixes:
- Test SAB Button in Options works
- Shows with no Runtime will now be added properly
- Daily Episodes will be added to the History DB properly now

-Markus
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Yeah, my last post missed a word or too. Let me try that again - I wasn't testing anything.

Yes, the folder was set to c:/test/ which really is not where my TV-stuff is - it had been reset, and not by me. Also reset was my connection info to sabnzbd, including the ip, port, username/pass and api key and default settings.

Here's the process:

Delete Sabsync folder.
Create new sabsync folder.
Set up sabsync, including RSS feeds, sabnzb connection and scan for TV shows.
Quit and restart sabsync to make sure stuff works properly and has DB acces (I tracked the "last modified" date on the .db file)
Come back a day later, and find half the settings in sabsync reset to default. :S

I'm stumped on this one... how? I can understand if the program somehow didn't have write access, and couldn't put in changes - but reset to default, that just doesn't make sense? What would be the case in which your program couldn't access the file? Maybe if the file was already in use by something else? I run no antivirus, no nothing.

You might want to include a "load-check" to see if the program can find the settings/DB file - and let us choose whether we want to create the thing from new if it isn't found?

I'll go update the program to 0.9.9.5 now. :)

Edit:

Adding one I can't figure out. Show called Hell's Kitchen, has a UK and a US version. I add Hells Kitchen (US) folder, it gets scanned, it's fine. It's set to xvid, and I get this:

Verifying 'Hells Kitchen US S08E08 WS PDTV XviD LOL'
'Hells Kitchen (US)' is being watched.
Quality is not wanted
Fine, so I figure it might have 720p in the quality. I go in, change to best possible - Save - then redo it. I get the same thing:

Verifying 'Hells Kitchen US S08E08 WS PDTV XviD LOL'
'Hells Kitchen (US)' is being watched.
Quality is not wanted
I've changed the thing to three different settings now, clicked save, and it still goes "quality not wanted" on me.

I uploaded my DB file, in case you want to take a look.
http://www.filedropper.com/sabsync
Last edited by LarzJG on November 5th, 2010, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarzJG

Post by LarzJG »

Aliases seem to be somehow not working too.

Verifying 'CSI New York S07E07 HDTV XviD LOL'
'CSI New York' is not being watched.

Verifying 'csi s11e07 hdtv xvid lol'
'csi' is not being watched.

Checking if CSI Crime Scene Investigation is in Database: 
Checking if CSI NY is in Database: 
Now, I have both shows in there - and this is alias setting for them:

CSI New York; CSI (NY); CSI NY
CSI, csi

I've tried with commas and semicolons, and with the aliases alone on the line, one at a time. Either way, not being watched.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

0.9.9.6 Released to fix an issue for alias checking when the proper name of a show contained a country code (or what it thought was a country code), it was forced wrapped by SABSync, (a county code is two upper-case characters alone in the show name).

If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.

-Markus