Webinterface seems to hang

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
UBDM

Webinterface seems to hang

Post by UBDM »

Hello everybody,
I have installed the latest version of sabnzbd (0.5.6 final) on my Synology DS211j. Everything seems to work fine but since a couple of days it looks like that the webinterface hangs. All other processes and downloads apparently continue. If I restart sabnzbd manually then I can access via the webinterface again for a couple of minutes before it hangs again.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
  UBDM
UBDM

Re: Webinterface seems to hang

Post by UBDM »

Seems to be a problem with HTTPS - have deactivated HTTPS and now it is quiet stable the last few hours.

Anybody having a simliar problem ?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd depends on the quality of the OpenSSL libraries for HTTPS.
We've seen reports about some versions of PyOpenSSL and OpenSSL being not quite stable.
Try to upgrade to recent versions (if possible).
Darkside

Post by Darkside »

I do experience the same problem - Web-Interface is EXTREMLY slow. The difference is, I dont even use https because I only use it inside my LAN or via VPN connect to my network.

Any ideas???
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Darkside wrote: I do experience the same problem - Web-Interface is EXTREMLY slow.
Slow, when?
When it downloading as fast as it can or always?
Expect trouble when you have less than 256M memory.
Darkside

Post by Darkside »

Sorry for delay.

Well, it was slow almost anytime, short after starting it.

Though, I found out something rather strange. I was searching for a setting I might have overlooked, so I was going through any menu sabnzbd has. After that, suprisingly the webinterface became responseful again. To make sure it is a steady effect, I stopped it and restarted, let it run a while, stop again and restart. Since then, it's running just fine.

Surely, it becomes slow from time to time but only when the NAS is working heavily like downloading, unpacking files etc at the same time. That I would expect anyway - its only a NAS :)

So, I'm rather happy now, because it's working again. Dunno what actually happened, which seemed to be fixed just by going through every menu? One thing comes to mind. I did update the original PKG for the Synology (0.5.4 I think) with the actual 0.5.6 source package. Maybe it was needed to initialize every menu to work properly? Its just speculating, though it might be helpful for other people experiencing similar problems.

Thanks for help anyway...
Darkside

Post by Darkside »

shypike wrote:
Darkside wrote: I do experience the same problem - Web-Interface is EXTREMLY slow.
Slow, when?
When it downloading as fast as it can or always?
Expect trouble when you have less than 256M memory.
Well, I only have 128Mb on the 211J I think. My download is limited to 10mbit on my provider, which means roughly 1,25MB/s. Still, the interface is quite ok now. It's not lightning fast, but I wouldnt expect that anyways.  The mobile interface is decent as well, even if I only connect with GPRS to my VPN - which happens from time to time when no 3G or EDGE can be established.