shypike wrote:unrar 4.00Beta7 does not unpack 7zip files (nor zip).
UNRAR 3.93 freeware (on Ubuntu) does not handle rar either.
AFAIK (please correct me if I'm wrong):
1) there is no open source rar/unrar software
2) there is no open spec of the .rar format
3) unrar is/can be freeware
4) rar is payware/shareware (even on Linux)
5) unrar freeware can not handle rar
So it makes you wonder whether all people uploading stuff also pay for their rar-payware, and why rar is so popular if 7z can handle it too.
But that's a discussion for uploaders, not for downloaders like us. Oh, one reason not to switch away from rar: I don't think my HDX1000 can handle anything else than rar.
Anyway: the current reality is:
1) 99% of the uploads are done in .rar-format, and SAB can handle that perfectly
2) the few uploads done in .7z-format can be handled by the script I wrote
So I don't think SABnzbd has to change anything.
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.