Script Breaks +Delete

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Script Breaks +Delete

Post by bnevets27 »

I just made a little post-processing script to copy the downloaded file to another location but I noticed that I now still have all the *.par and *.par2 files. I downloaded a file without running the post-processing and sabnzbd deleted all the *.par and *.par2 files as it should.

So it looks like running a(my) post-processing script breaks sabnzbds ability to delete *.par and *.par2 files? As far as I understand, file is downloaded, verified, repaired, pars are deleted, folder is cleaned based on the clean up list and the the script is run. So I don't understand how the script is effecting par file deletion.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Script Breaks +Delete

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd only deletes par2 files that have been used to actually check or repair data.
Often NZB files contain some spurious par2 files, these are not automatically deleted.
You can remove those using the clean list in Config->General.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

The par2 files that sabnzbd isn't deleting are the par files for the actual movie, not spurious files. I can double check on the exact same movie but I expect the same results...

I did add par2 to the clean up list and that works just fine. I don't think it will cause problems... I just don't get how the script could have broke sabnzbd par2 file deletion. Possibly a bug? Or is it expected behavior?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd runs cleanup before and after the script.
Obviously when your script moves the files, the last cleanup will not work.
BTW: is this option on? Config->Switches->"Enable Par Cleanup"
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

Yup "Enable Par Cleanup" is on.

Well the the par2 files are being deleted for both the original and copied locations, when added to the clean up list, so the clean up task is doing it's job just fine. Its just funny that "Enable Par Cleanup" doesn't work when having the script run.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd may occasionally miss cleaning up some par2 files in the post-repair phase.
This is because it's a bit too paranoid in not wanting to delete files that might still be needed.
Having a script or not doesn't make a difference.
We're looking at a different method of doing verify/repairs, that will take care of this too.

The extension-based clean up shouldn't miss a beat though.
But it will not clean up any location outside the job's original folder.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

I would rather sabnzbd be paranoid then overly clean up files. The extension-based clean up works flawlessly. Thank you for the quick and great responses. Also thank you and everyone else involved in sabnzbd, its an amazing program that is better then you can image and gets better everyday. Thanks for all the hard work. ;D