template inconsistency in 0.4.0

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
switch

Re: templete inconsistency in 0.4.0

Post by switch »

A solution is to pass the location of the template folder to cheetah to use in the include.

Code: Select all

<!--#include $webdir + "/inc_top.tmpl" #-->
I'll discuss this with Shypike first, then commit a fix to the svn if you wish to use.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: templete inconsistency in 0.4.0

Post by shypike »

It's definitely an improvement, but not worth a 0.4.1 release (unless we need to solve an urgent bug).
It will be included in 0.5.0.
mantis006
Release Testers
Release Testers

I have a working install method

Post by mantis006 »

I just posted my ebuild configuration for sabnzbd-0.4.2 here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=553.0

Shypike, I know you're not a fan of installing sabnzbd globally in python or watching others rip apart your brain child; however, it's an open source project.  People are going to use what you wrote in ways you might not entirely agree with; but, I think you're underestimating our distribution users' (downstream) ability to support eachother if these systems break.  You are not held responsible for support, and we are not asking you to be.  I prefer to run SABnzbd as a daemonized process and only as that (although my method does support otherwise...).  The most effecient manner of configuring and installing this on my system globally like <=0.2.7 permitted.

Now, as for the templates being an issue, I think I have a working solution for that stuff.  I setup in my config file /etc/sabnzbd.conf web_dir = /usr/share/sabnzbd-0.4.2/Plush.  This works great as a daemon, or you can always pass a template argument [-t|--templates /usr/bin/share/sabnzbd-0.4.2/Default] when executing SABnzbd.py.  I haven't run into an problems yet with this method.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions/comments.
~Chris