headphones & ffmpeg

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
orangehenry

headphones & ffmpeg

Post by orangehenry »

Hi,

Very new to this and any help would be much appreciated. In the advanced settings for Headphones where you can specify instructions for ffmpeg what would I need to write to ask it to convert any files downloaded (mostly flac) to be converted to Apple Lossless. Currently I have

ffmpeg -i *.* -acodec alac output.m4a

but this isn't doing anything at the moment for some reason. Does any one have any ideas?
MortUK

Re: headphones & ffmpeg

Post by MortUK »

I would love to know how to dot his also.!
dcuellar

Post by dcuellar »

I agree, a tutorial for this would be excellent. I'm not even sure how to install ffmpeg.
dcuellar

Post by dcuellar »

Ok. I got it working on mine. I got some help from someone in the github for headphones. If you're reading this, thank you AdeHub!
  • First things first. Download ffmpeg from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/. (This is for windows. Not sure what to do for mac) I chose the static build for Windows 64-bit because my windows is 64-bit.
  • Extract all files.
  • Drag folder to C:\ drive. The root is where I put it. You can put it anywhere else as long as you have the path.
  • Copy the path of the bin folder that has the ffmpeg.exe. For me it was C:\ffmpeg\bin.
  • Head over to headphones and go to advanced settings.
  • Under re-encoding options select "Re-encode downloads during post processing" and "Only re-encode lossless files (.flac)"
  • Encoder should be ffmpeg.
  • You can select the format of .m4a if you want but I was told I didn't have to.
  • Now, under "Advanced Encoding options" you are going to put -y -acodec alac on the first line.
  • The second line will have the path you copied for the ffmpeg.exe file.
  • Save changes, restart. Everything should work now.
Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Edit:
I do have the latest headphones installed. I also, installed the changes made by pabloalcantara at https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/pull/623.
Try the above steps first. If it does not work then you should install pabloalcantara's commits.