OMV plugin for SABNZBD?

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
shepscrook

OMV plugin for SABNZBD?

Post by shepscrook »

I know that OMV (Open Media Vault) http://blog.openmediavault.org/ was JUST released about 24-48 hours ago, but I'm curious if anyone has been looking into this as a future plugin to be for SABNZBD. Currently I've been using FreeNAS for my nasbox and it has the capability of using Transmission for Bittorrents, but I prefer using usenet. But with OMV being based off of debian, this makes things easier for a plugin to be created.

So I'm just curious if there is anybody(s) out there currently looking into this or any interested parties for it.
shepscrook

Re: OMV plugin for SABNZBD?

Post by shepscrook »

As I pretty much expected is that this is really a pipe dream at this time. heh.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

At the moment there isn't documentation on how to build a plugin, and until then don't know if anyone can make it .

Until then if you'll need some more functionality for OMV you will first need to look into Debian Squeeze packages if the app you want is in the repos.

As for Sabnzbd there is a simple How to in OMV forum http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/openm ... =183&p=679 , which can be used for Sabnzbd/Sickbeard/CouchPotato/Headphones/MovieGrabber etc.

When the documentation will be available , maybe someone could make a plugin (who knows might be even me) , so my advice for you is to use the manual install method if you really need it , or wait a little longer.
eXisTa
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by eXisTa »

I just migrated to OpenMediaVault and seeing that there's still no package available. I can't even find how to build one.

I tried the simple how-to but it's not working for me, everything seems fine but I can't browse to http://ip.adres:8080
Flash-Consoles

Post by Flash-Consoles »

Does someone have any news about ?

OMV is very usefull for me but i really need sabnzbd :)
shepscrook

Post by shepscrook »

Apparently everything except for at boot launching is working last time I checked. So its very promising. My OMV setup is running great.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Apparently this openmediavault is directly based on Debian Squeeze. That means that you could enable Debian's contrib and non-free repositories, and simply install the existing sabnzbdplus package for that platform, which takes care of all dependencies and includes an init script to launch the program on boot (configured via /etc/default/sabnzbdplus). Creating an omv plugin based on that should be fairly simple: all that's needed is making the config from /etc/default/sabnzbdplus available in the omv web interface, plus a bunch of start/stop/restart buttons to control the service. For somebody in the know about omv this should be trivial; an entire plugin seems to be just some shell scripts and a bit of php. A good day of sweat, blood, and tears for a sufficiently motivated user.
shepscrook

Post by shepscrook »

Yeah, it's moving quickly over on the OMV forums. they are doing a nice job with it.
shepscrook

Post by shepscrook »

Apparently the boot is still not working. I'd love for my HTPC to not have to be my SAB download system. The OMV server would be ideal as my SAB system also since it's already running 24/7. I'd actually be able to let my HTPC sleep some.