[Windows] NzbDrone - Automatic TV Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Windows] NzbDrone - Automatic TV Downloader

Post by markus101 »

afly wrote:Sorry if am misunderstanding but does this mean that if i create a new profile called 'All', select all defintion modes and set the cut off @ 1080p it will keep replacing the download with higher versions?

e.g true blood s0xE0x is broadcast,

First to hit usenet is a SD version an hr afterward, that gets downloaded.

6 hrs later a HDTV version emerges, it gets downloaded and replaces the SD one

2 days later, a monster trollHD 1080i version is released, it gets downloaded and replaces the HDTV one (if i have 1080 slider up very high!)

Is this how it works? If so, consider me a convert!
Yes, that is exactly how it should work. Also if you set the slider to zero (all the way left) we treat that as unlimited and will grab it no matter the size (I left that out in my above comment).
If you run into any issues with it, please let us know as the above is how it should work.
tarataqa

Post by tarataqa »

This sounds like a great program. Too bad I can't get it to work with mapped drives or UNC naming when I'm setting up Root folders. :(
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

tarataqa wrote:This sounds like a great program. Too bad I can't get it to work with mapped drives or UNC naming when I'm setting up Root folders. :(
Are you currently running it as a service? I was previously using a mapped network drive without issue, though it was not running as a service. But when running as a service the permissions would have to be set for your share to allow you computer and you would be limited to UNC paths, since mapped drive letters are only available to the user that mapped them.

If you can provide more details I can try to assist further.
tarataqa

Post by tarataqa »

markus101 wrote: Are you currently running it as a service? I was previously using a mapped network drive without issue, though it was not running as a service. But when running as a service the permissions would have to be set for your share to allow you computer and you would be limited to UNC paths, since mapped drive letters are only available to the user that mapped them.

If you can provide more details I can try to assist further.
Yes, I'm running it as a service.
The remote drive I'm trying to reach is my unRAID NAS server I've been using with SABnzbd for years. I set UNC permissions via commandline "net use \\unraid\disk1 /USER:root rootpassword /PERSISTENT:YES". Windows Explorer can see and write to the NAS disk1 fine.
Adding the UNC path as a Root folder in NZBdrone fails and then locks up the program with "Access to the path is denied." until I delete the nzbdrone.sdf file and start over.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

tarataqa wrote: Yes, I'm running it as a service.
The remote drive I'm trying to reach is my unRAID NAS server I've been using with SABnzbd for years. I set UNC permissions via commandline "net use \\unraid\disk1 /USER:root rootpassword /PERSISTENT:YES". Windows Explorer can see and write to the NAS disk1 fine.
Adding the UNC path as a Root folder in NZBdrone fails and then locks up the program with "Access to the path is denied." until I delete the nzbdrone.sdf file and start over.
If you run it standalone does it work? Obviously a command window being open isn't a great solution, I just want to confirm that it works in combination with net use.

Another thing to try would be to run the service under you account (the same one you run the net use command under).

And lastly, try enabling anonymous access to the share, my understanding of how shares when using the LocalSystem account is it tries anonymous access, or passing the machine credentials ($MachineName), if neither of those are valid on the share it will fail, I'm not aware of a work around, but I will take a look.
tarataqa

Post by tarataqa »

markus101 wrote:If you run it standalone does it work? Obviously a command window being open isn't a great solution, I just want to confirm that it works in combination with net use.

Another thing to try would be to run the service under you account (the same one you run the net use command under).

And lastly, try enabling anonymous access to the share, my understanding of how shares when using the LocalSystem account is it tries anonymous access, or passing the machine credentials ($MachineName), if neither of those are valid on the share it will fail, I'm not aware of a work around, but I will take a look.
1) I tried it running standalone. It works great, but you're right on open command window is lousy.
2) Of course I didn't have a "root" user on my Windows machine, but after I made one and ran the service under it...IT WORKED!
3) I didn't want to enable anonymous access. (linux file permissions can get hairy quick, so I like all my media files uniform)

I don't know how SABnzbd does it, but SAB works with mapped drives or UNC using "net use" settings, and all with the LocalSystem account.

Thanks for your help with this work-around, now I can play around with nzbdrone!!!
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

tarataqa wrote: 1) I tried it running standalone. It works great, but you're right on open command window is lousy.
2) Of course I didn't have a "root" user on my Windows machine, but after I made one and ran the service under it...IT WORKED!
3) I didn't want to enable anonymous access. (linux file permissions can get hairy quick, so I like all my media files uniform)

I don't know how SABnzbd does it, but SAB works with mapped drives or UNC using "net use" settings, and all with the LocalSystem account.

Thanks for your help with this work-around, now I can play around with nzbdrone!!!
2) Oh great news, hadn't thought of that, glad that worked.
3) Yeah, that's a good idea.

That was with SABnzbd running as a service? Odd, but interesting. I know SABnzbd can be accessed from other servers without admin access, something we can't achieve running through IISExpress.

Glad it's working for you.
tarataqa

Post by tarataqa »

markus101 wrote:2) Oh great news, hadn't thought of that, glad that worked.
3) Yeah, that's a good idea.

That was with SABnzbd running as a service? Odd, but interesting. I know SABnzbd can be accessed from other servers without admin access, something we can't achieve running through IISExpress.

Glad it's working for you.
No, I'm sorry I got that wrong. It's SABnzbd running as a process not a service.
I just set up my 56 continuing TV Series(and growing)! Looks great!

One little snag left, I can't seem to access the web interface from another machine on my LAN. If I try "http://myWinPC:8989/" ,it times out. (IPaddress fails too.)
NZBdrone System Settings are "anonymous" auth.
afly

Post by afly »

Does this help?

http://feedback.nzbdrone.com/questions/ ... -computers

(Dont forget about win firewall too)
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

afly wrote:Does this help?

I forgot about the Windows FW, I added that note to the question, thanks for the reminder.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

After using NzbDrone for the past 3 days , the only feature i miss from SickBeard is the XBMC post-processing feature . So consider this as a request and ad support (if possible) for post processing file for XBMC.

Other than this small issue i have to congratulate you guys for a fine job . Now it doesn't take a whole afternoon to update my collection of shows :) .

Keep up the good work and please consider adding support for XBMC post-processing.
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

kiljaden wrote:After using NzbDrone for the past 3 days , the only feature i miss from SickBeard is the XBMC post-processing feature . So consider this as a request and ad support (if possible) for post processing file for XBMC.

Other than this small issue i have to congratulate you guys for a fine job . Now it doesn't take a whole afternoon to update my collection of shows :) .

Keep up the good work and please consider adding support for XBMC post-processing.

Can you provide some details on what you mean by post processing for XBMC, if you mean notifications and automatic library update we already do that. Check Notifications tab under settings.
koonfused

Post by koonfused »

Also, Can I ask you guys to try to ask your questions/provide feedback using http://forums.nzbdrone.com/. It would help new users find answer to questions a lot easier since they won't have to read through a 50 page thread. and it would help us track the status of each question a lot easier.

Thanks,
Last edited by koonfused on January 16th, 2012, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by kiljaden »

koonfused wrote: Can you provide some details on what you mean by post processing for XBMC, if you mean notifications and automatic library update we already do that. Check Notifications tab under settings.
Let me explain what I mean: when XBMC adds new shows/episodes first it looks in the same folder for Thumbnails and Season and Nfo files http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails , and only when they are missing it will look for them with the help of Scrapers http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Se ... o_Library) . Sickbeard can automatically create all the required files (thumbnails,nfo files, posters, fanart, season/episode info etc) so when XBMC will add shows it's fast.
In fact XBMC built in Scrapers are very slow and unreliable (especially when scraping many things in a row), so personally I left all the scraping done by Sickbeard.

As far as notifications , they are useful, but personally i don't use them just because i don't keep XBMC running all the time, while my downloading machine is almost always on.

Thanks in advance :)
tarataqa

Post by tarataqa »

markus101 wrote:
afly wrote:Does this help?

I forgot about the Windows FW, I added that note to the question, thanks for the reminder.
Thanks! Adding port 8989 thru the firewall did it.

I got another bug, but I'll add it to the Feedback site instead. O0