LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Mar2zz

LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by Mar2zz »

Still in a very early stage of development (so bugs are plenty and features are less), but nevertheless it downloads books for me on command if available.

Search for authors or books, add them to the database, set books to wanted and watch the magic happen.

Source can be downloaded here, installinstructions are the same as for the other downloadautomation apps (sickbeard/couchpotato/headphones)
https://github.com/Mar2zz/LazyLibrarian

I am just a beginning python-coder, so don't shoot me for creating ugly and messy code. Post issues if you want to, but better, post pullrequests with fixes for it if you can. Also be aware it may cause blindness. The template is not the final one, so css is also open for editing/pullrequests.

Pics and installinstructions are on Github.
currently one servertype is supported (newznab-alikes, so nzb.su and other newznabs). It's kinda headphones compatible, I copied a lot of code from Rembo10, so converting other servertypes shouldn't be that hard, but currently I am focussing on postprocessing (which can only be done manual right now, I need to work on a scheduler also which checks every now and then if downloads are finished).

It can send nzb's directly to sabnzbd, but also to a blackhole if you prefer that.

If you are going to use it, use it at own risk, and don't be mad if de database or config.ini sometimes must be reset/deleted until LazyLibrarian is more mature and stable.
Jayphen

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by Jayphen »

This is so awesome. Thank you, thank you
Mar2zz

Post by Mar2zz »

You are welcome :)

Did some things today,
It saves a cover and metadata in the destinationfolder when books are processed.

11-02: an attempt to use scheduled jobs for nzb-searching and postprocessing is pushed to git. update if you need, I still need to build an updater.
linckraker

Post by linckraker »

Great program. love it. can't wait for it to be a lil more mature.

not sure if you're taking feature request or have a list of features you plan on implementing somewhere but i'd really love to see a format selector.
s
ay where it searches for ebooks that are just epubs or just mobi or being able to select multiple formats that your ebook reader supports.
mtyermom

Post by mtyermom »

Any chance of adding nzbmatrix as a nzb provider?
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Mar2zz, I look forward to trying and testing this addon when nzbmztrix or nzds.org support are added

keep up the good work

J03
jab2004

Post by jab2004 »

Mar2zz, People seem to be asking for nzbmatrix and/or nzbs.org to be added, but when checking the .ini config file these are already listed in there are these just for the future use or if these details are entered manualy into the .ini and not through the GUI will these work
Mar2zz

Post by Mar2zz »

It's allready in config ini, but it's not enabled in code. I will add support in a few days, but I do not have a nzbmatrix vip account, so I can't test it with more then 20 hits a day (I am a write,try,writy,try coder, so I hit that limit quite fast). nzbs.org doesn't list ebooks, so that one isn't gonna be supported unfortunately.
mtyermom

Post by mtyermom »

Let me know if I can help with testing NZBMatrix, as they are my preferred provider. Going to play around with manual configuration, now.

PS: THANK YOU for writing this in the first place, looking forward to watching it mature.
mtyermom

Post by mtyermom »

Ok, so I manually entered my NZBMatrix info, a simple thing.

However, after searching for an author (Robert Jordan) I'm getting the expected search results, but when I select book(s) and click to add (with the drop down properly selected to 'add book') I receive the following error:

Code: Select all

404 Not Found

The path '/bookPage' was not found.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\LazyLibrarian\Mar2zz-LazyLibrarian-6bc7d95\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "C:\LazyLibrarian\Mar2zz-LazyLibrarian-6bc7d95\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\LazyLibrarian\Mar2zz-LazyLibrarian-6bc7d95\cherrypy\_cperror.py", line 387, in __call__
    raise self
NotFound: (404, u"The path '/bookPage' was not found.")

Update:
I successfully added a few books, basically I had to get the author added and to "stick", first, before adding books.
innerspace

Post by innerspace »

Installed LL and configured, manually added settings for nzbmatrix and nzb.su, added author successfully.
Patiently awaiting the ability to scan previously existing library or (crosses fingers) calibre integration.

A great start, will git pull often, look forward to your progress.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

The github page says
Run "python LazyLibrarian.py -daemon" to start in deamon mode
I think it must be "--daemon".
misterp1998

Re: LazyLibrarian: Trying in vain to set up on Ubuntu

Post by misterp1998 »

Ok,
Downloaded LL, set it up with the usual, it runs and searches for books, but doesnt seem to generate any NZB's I setup an account on nzb.su and put the api in the config of LL. What am I doing wrong? I don't need SABnzbs setting and stuff, I just want it to drop the NZB's into a watch folder where Hellanzb can kick in and download them.
TIA
Steve
Mar2zz

Re: LazyLibrarian: Trying in vain to set up on Ubuntu

Post by Mar2zz »

misterp1998 wrote:Ok,
Downloaded LL, set it up with the usual, it runs and searches for books, but doesnt seem to generate any NZB's I setup an account on nzb.su and put the api in the config of LL. What am I doing wrong? I don't need SABnzbs setting and stuff, I just want it to drop the NZB's into a watch folder where Hellanzb can kick in and download them.
TIA
Steve
The Logs page tells you more. If you start it with python LazyLibrarian.py --debug it logs even more (to console). Also, there are logfiles in the datafolder.
sander wrote:The github page says
Run "python LazyLibrarian.py -daemon" to start in deamon mode
I think it must be "--daemon".
thx. missed that one. actually -d and --daemon are supported.
theotocopulitos

Post by theotocopulitos »

mtyermom wrote: Update:
I successfully added a few books, basically I had to get the author added and to "stick", first, before adding books.
Hi, I am also having this problem, but I don't understand how you solved it! Could you please elaborate :-[