nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
duz

Re: nzbdStatus: SAB Control & Monitoring and NewzBin Integration

Post by duz »

Taomyn wrote:
JayBird wrote: Is anyone else having issues with this on FF3 on OSX Leopard?

Ever since installing FF3, this plugin has failed to work. The status in the bottom bar won't update, and clicking a download link at Newzbin doesn't send anything to the queue anymore.

This is the same on my iMac and my MacBook.

Any ideas?!
I have exactly the same thing with FF3 running on Vista and XP, from inside my own network and from the outside at work - I know the URL is correct as I can view it in FF3 just fine.

I did monitor clicks and hovering over the status bar icon with Console2 (after disabling all except the nzbdStats extension) and it did produce:

So maybe the code is broken in some way?
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the extension?
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

duz wrote:
Taomyn wrote:
JayBird wrote: Is anyone else having issues with this on FF3 on OSX Leopard?

Ever since installing FF3, this plugin has failed to work. The status in the bottom bar won't update, and clicking a download link at Newzbin doesn't send anything to the queue anymore.

This is the same on my iMac and my MacBook.

Any ideas?!
I have exactly the same thing with FF3 running on Vista and XP, from inside my own network and from the outside at work - I know the URL is correct as I can view it in FF3 just fine.

I did monitor clicks and hovering over the status bar icon with Console2 (after disabling all except the nzbdStats extension) and it did produce:

So maybe the code is broken in some way?
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the extension?
My nzbdstatus doesnt work if I dont login to sabnzbd in firefox(on the ip and port sabnzbd listens to) before using nzbstatus
duz

Post by duz »

huleboeren wrote: My nzbdstatus doesnt work if I dont login to sabnzbd in firefox(on the ip and port sabnzbd listens to) before using nzbstatus
That's because it doesn't know your login details.  When you login to sab, you have to let Firefox save that info so it can read it.  It also may have read in the wrong info if you've since changed it, you can fix it by right clicking on the status bar icon and selecting Configure.  The middle pane has your sab login details.
duz

Post by duz »

I'm currently writing the code in v2 that'll detect a failed submission and try to resubmit it.  The icon won't fade out until it successfully submits the info to the server.
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

HI,

I still cant get this to work on my iMac.

On my home network i have SABnzbd+ installed on my iMac.

I have the lastest version of FireFox installed on the iMac with SABnzbd status installed. In the config i have the URL set as http://192.168.1.2:8181/sabnzbd/ (this is the correct address as this is the address i use to log into the the web interface).

I have the EXACT same setup on my MacBook.

On the iMac the status of SABnzbd+ doesn't get updates in FireFox. When clicking pause or unpause on the FireFox status bar, nothing happens.

Also, when browsing Newzbin, clicking the yellow arrow to send the NZB to the daemon doesn't do anything.

As i said, this exact same setup works on my MacBook, sending the files to the daemon on the iMac.

Im sure this has only stopped working since i installed FireFox 3, but maybe that is just coincidence as it work in FF3 on the MacBook, and FF3 on my Windows Machine at work.

Any ideas?
switch

Post by switch »

The (correct) username and password for sabnzbd is entered in the settings yes?
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Yes, i have doubled and triple checked. Its really baffling now  ???
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Is there any way i can debug extensions in firefox so i can see what is going on?
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

...when clicking the sab icon in FF, it takes me directly to me queue, as it should
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

Got this working.

I trashed FireFox, reinstalled everything and it has decided to work.
duz

Post by duz »

pair of dimes wrote: duz, you know how when you click the yellow arrow it fades out?

If the POST method fails could you un-fade the icon? That should be easy to check for. That way I know if something goofed.

Sometimes I'll try adding a bunch of stuff right after I start SABnzbd, but since SABnzbd can take a bit of time to start (not instantaneous in my case), some of the yellow-arrow-clicks won't make it through.

nzbdStatus currently does not offer any sort of connection testing or per-request feedback.
I'm thinking of changing this (or adding as an option) to use Firefox's notification system so you'd get a little popup in the corner (or growl notification on OSX) telling you nzb id whatever got sent to server whatever or that it failed.  Good idea?
copylepht

Post by copylepht »

How can I make this plugin work with NZBMatrix?
duz

Post by duz »

copylepht wrote: How can I make this plugin work with NZBMatrix?
What is it not doing that you want it to do?
kian

Post by kian »

the status app sounds like a handy tool. however, i would like to use it during work and there i do not have firefox or opera or any permission to install unauthorized SW. I am using netvibes in IE7 though. Is there any widget available for netvibes that might allow me to watch the sabnzbd status?
huleboeren
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by huleboeren »

kian wrote: the status app sounds like a handy tool. however, i would like to use it during work and there i do not have firefox or opera or any permission to install unauthorized SW. I am using netvibes in IE7 though. Is there any widget available for netvibes that might allow me to watch the sabnzbd status?
You can get an rss feed of the history (the jobs already done)

also an rss feed of the current queue - but that requires some ´hacking´ :P