newznab - open source usenet indexer

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
betrayer

Re: newznab - open source usenet indexer and all round nzbs.

Post by betrayer »

feerlessleadr wrote:
sytanek wrote:Quick note regarding the windows tutorial, all of your curl stuff is unnecessary. The current version of xampp does not require any of that, curl is included. All you need to do is edit the php.ini and remove the ; from the beginning of the curl extension line. No reason to make it anymore complicated than it needs to be.
I'm just going to assume that you are the same sy that helped me on irc, once again, thanks for fixing my problem
Hi I'm getting the same problem: "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\xampp\htdocs\nnplus\www\install\index.php on line 50" what did you to resolve this?
sytanek
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sytanek »

If you are having issues, please join the irc channel #newznab on irc.synirc.net
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

betrayer wrote:
feerlessleadr wrote:
sytanek wrote:Quick note regarding the windows tutorial, all of your curl stuff is unnecessary. The current version of xampp does not require any of that, curl is included. All you need to do is edit the php.ini and remove the ; from the beginning of the curl extension line. No reason to make it anymore complicated than it needs to be.
I'm just going to assume that you are the same sy that helped me on irc, once again, thanks for fixing my problem
Hi I'm getting the same problem: "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\xampp\htdocs\nnplus\www\install\index.php on line 50" what did you to resolve this?
This is what I did:

- uninstalled xampp
- redownloaded xampp executable
- re-installed xampp
- in the htdocs folder in C:/xampp, i created a folder called newznab
- right click newznab folder, click on checkout and put in the svn link for nn+
- then go to my broswer and navigate to http://localhost/newznab/www/install
- i was then able to get past my previous error about the non-object
- Then during the setup, newznab will tell you about some errors, (max execution and a few others)
- open up php.ini in a text editor and change to recommended values (newznab tells you)
- restart apache
- Done
betrayer

Post by betrayer »

yeah got it working now, sy helped me on irc :)
LazyBone

Post by LazyBone »

I need help @ Preflight Checklist:

Checking for mysql_connect():
The PHP installation lacks support for MySQL(mysql_connect). Error

What can i do?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Apache 2 errorlog:
PHPHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
P Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
[Wed May 09 19:44:44 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.6-13ubuntu3.7 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
astronyu

Post by astronyu »

Hi, hope someone can show me the way.

I have installed the classic newznab on my server (centos 5) and everything working fine.
Now, I want to upgrade to plus, how can I do that? I'm already donated (Confirmation number:8AK604828E819564A) and have downloaded plus version, just not sure how can I go and update my existing setup on the server.

Hope someone can help.
Strunov

Post by Strunov »

I have downloaded newznab,but I am stalled in the installation.

Nothing happens when I press the button "Go to step one: pre flight check".

Please help
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I have a question about how much disk space newznab needs. I understand it will vary based on sub'd groups and days retention, but if a few people could give estimates of what they use, it would give me an idea of what to expect.

I'm thinking about installing it and allowing it to run as a back up indexer for myself. But I'm not sure if it's worth the effort as there are so many good public sites out there at current.

Thanks for any input. :)
babiulep

Post by babiulep »

@tymanthius...
I currently use the free newznab version. I check four groups every half hour and have a 4 day 'retention'. The database is around 6.5 G...
But that's my setup... I blacklisted a couple of things as well. With the included api I was able to create a rss-feed for sabnzbd and grab the stuff I want.
Works like a charm!
phreaq

Post by phreaq »

Hi Folks,

I followed the windows install guide (thanks!) but I have two errors:

1. Apache won't start because port 80 and 443 is in use. I get this error even when turning off the Windows Firewall

2. I already have mySql installed, and get an error for that too. I edited my.ini to point to my existing path.

Any thoughts?

8:56:40 AM [Apache] Problem detected!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] Port 80 in use by "system"!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
8:56:40 AM [Apache] or reconfigure Apache to listen on a different port
8:56:40 AM [Apache] Problem detected!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] Port 443 in use by "system"!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
8:56:40 AM [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
8:56:40 AM [Apache] or reconfigure Apache to listen on a different port
8:56:41 AM [mysql] MySQL Service detected with wrong path
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Change XAMPP MySQL settings or
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Uninstall/disable the other service manually first
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Found Path: "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysqld" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\my.ini" MySQL
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Expected Path: c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file=c:\xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini mysql
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Problem detected!
8:56:41 AM [mysql] Port 3306 in use by "mysqld.exe"!
8:56:41 AM [mysql] MySQL WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
8:56:41 AM [mysql] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
8:56:41 AM [mysql] or reconfigure MySQL to listen on a different port
Nick123

Post by Nick123 »

Hi, I've got Newznab setup using xampp however having an issue updating binaries can anyone help

I have Set error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_STRICT in php.ini. and set php path on system

Thank You

---edit---

Fixed should be E_ALL & ~E_STRICT
QueenB

Post by QueenB »

Is editing config.php to change the newsgroup server the right way to do? I just shifted from to a new vendor and did not want to reinstall the existing database.
allen00se

Post by allen00se »

I have a successfully running Neznab+ server and now I am trying to integrate it with sabnzbd, sickbeard and CP. However when I initially test it with sab it doesnt seem like they want to communicate. If i try to manually add a NZB from url it just sits in the queue and says

Trying to fetch NZB from http://10.1.1.39/getnzb/2db14735xxxxxxx ... rip-aks74u (xxxxx out some stuff in case its sensitive)

the error log says:

empty NZB file tlu-bdrip-aks74u.nzb [http://10.1.1.39/getnzb/2db14735xxxxxxx ... rip-aks74u] (xxxxx out some stuff in case its sensitive)

If I go to my newznab server and click on the download nzb link for this nzb it downloads fine, then I can uplaod the nzb to Sab and Sab will download just fine using the nzb file.

So my question is... why cant I add a nzb from url?
QueenB

Post by QueenB »

allen00se wrote:So my question is... why cant I add a nzb from url?
I think its got to do with htaccess file....still trying to figure this out myself.
QueenB

Post by QueenB »

Here is what i did...

1. Remove the Sabnzb username and password.
2. Edited .htaccess file with the following two statements towards the end of the file...

Code: Select all

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !api/  
RewriteRule api/?$ index.php?page=newznabapi [QSA,L]
This got my newznab "Send To SabNzbd" running.